It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Seen The Price Of Eggs Lately!?!?!?!?!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If you just had some chickens, (or maybe a few penguins), not only would you have your own eggs, but that would also help lure more sellable.....em, product, to your yard.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I usually fill my emperor penguin omelets with NFT's because I can afford it due to that sweet, sweet Fed money I get for selling you all down the river.

Is this you trying to shake off some Karma?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
You know what has skyrocketed, king crab..

King crab is for peasants. I consume food much further up the regal food chain; I now dine on emperor penguin eggs.

www.iflscience.com...#:~:text=%E2%80%9CThe%20taste%20is%20somew hat%20fishy,%2C%20and%20it%20was%20beautiful.%E2%80%9D

The taste is somewhat fishy as krill form a major part of the diet,” said Headland. “A personal comment is that penguin eggs taste much better when you are hungry.” “They weren't so tasty once boiled and needed vinegar to make them edible,” said Morrison, but “I made a pavlova with one egg, and it was beautiful.”

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Eggs? Sweaten the deal?

Voilà... your meal is served...

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Is this you trying to shake off some Karma?

I don't believe in karma, it's like witchcraft as far as I'm concerned.

edit on 15-12-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: DEY. TERK. YER. ELERKJERN. AGERN!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Have your coerced IMTAT to come back and play a final song for the the guests on the Titanic?

He popped into Discord but didn't reply.

I'll tempt him with a 6 egg 'millionaire omelet'.

With lobster and hollandaise 🥂

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Welcome back mate.

Hows Ukraine
?

On a side note I can't stomach the taste of Eggs ever since I had Covid , My taste buds just haven't been the same.

Is your sense of smell normal?

It comes and goes strangely enough . Sometimes I have trouble smelling anything and sometimes I have a hyper acute sense of smell.
edit on 15-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Welcome back mate.

Hows Ukraine
?

Lovely.

I'll be back in January since everyone can afford eggs because you're paying for it.

So that is where all the funding is going ....Eggs.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

While rabbits are popping out of asses., it would be AWESOME to summon the zazzafrazz out of your azz as well!

Please and thank you in advance!

We need a revival. Where’s the campfire? 🍻

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:04 PM
link   
close to 5 a dozen on base.

Luckily a lady near where I live sells her excess eggs, report from the great white north.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I haven't had a pickled egg in years, but for the price to do it yourself, I could just buy pickled bologna instead. Have you seen the price of beer, pickled bologna, or a can of mixed nuts? It's expensive to eat and drink at home like you were at a sports bar, come to think of it, I bet the bar is expensive as hell too now. The blue-collar habits I've developed over my lifetime are getting pretty pricey now-a-days thanks to Bidenomics.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

We live in a neighborhood of $1 million dollar homes infested with white collar drug dealers and worse. Yep, one guy works for state government. I have an architect and own another 1.5 acre lot backed up to lake Murray so we have irrigation. We hope to begin building in January in South Carolina. We cant have livestock but we will have berms of mini orchards of peach trees and dark cherry trees and Pecans and more. We can also grow lemon and lime trees but they will die in winter so I will have a low profile green house for storage. Then the 400' length of vegetables garden. Will try ultrasound 1st to scare away the animals but we also have a serious beaver issue. Thats all TBD.

I was raised since age two on my grandparents farm and was up at 5:00am daily to slop the hogs with grandpa. They had three farms of 100's of acres. I recall that one year they sold over $10,000 of sweet corn at their stand as they were primarily vegetable farmers. My parents would have me on the weekends until kindergarden started then mom quit her job as a teacher.

Grandpa used to have two hogs "processed" yearly as I recall their smoke house with slabs of bacon, ribs and hams just curing from the ceiling with a fire burning. The smell and taste was incedible.

Right now writing this I can smell and taste my breakfast made by grandma as a three year old at the table of eggs, bacon and toast.

Yum!
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Grandpa used to have two hogs "processed" yearly as I recall thier snokw hose with slabs of bacon, ribs and hams just curing from the ceiling. The smell and taste was incedible. Right now writing this I can smell and taste my breakfast made by grandma as a three year old at the table of eggs, bacon and toast.

There are a lot of people that have never experienced real food like that.
I can just smell that kitchen, strong coffee, dish detergent, the sweet yet salty smell of pork curing, and toast…
Total nostalgia… total nostalgia..

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

There are a lot of people that have never experienced real food like that.
I can just smell that kitchen, strong coffee, dish detergent, the sweet yet salty smell of pork curing, and toast…
Total nostalgia… total nostalgia

I forgot the coffee. Thats was the 1st smell to permeate my bedroom. That was back in the 1970's when grandmother would use an oven top aluminum percolator on a natural gas burner. The kind of pot with glass on the top. I drank milk but grandparents drank coffee. Much better than todays. I also dislike Starbucks.

I forgot to mention they also had farm raised chickens and eggs. Extra eggs were sold at their stand. Pork was for family. Grandma used to make her own jams, pastry, canned everything and she was a professional chef in New Yirk City with her sister before marriage. They also had orchards and we would make cider. They would make wine and get the load on while making it at times.

My upbringing was incredible and I loved it all. Its absolute nostalgia and NO one in our family or extended family was ever obese.

Just down to earth hard work that many today dont wanna touch.

PS: I also love asian food. All except NOT the "old" world back in the day Chinese steamed fish with eyeballs and scales or a deep fried Sea Cucumber. We had to eat that stuff when I studied at Univeristy of Hong Kong back in 2001 for my MBA before travel to Shanghai. For the experience.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I live right next door to a Shaws supermarket...the price gouging is disgusting. Its very clear to me they're trying to decimate the lower classes in every way imaginable.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
While rabbits are popping out of asses., it would be AWESOME to summon the zazzafrazz out of your azz as well!

I don't think she'll return.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

?

$1.69 for a dozen large. Is that expensive for eggs? I never really ate eggs until recently. But right now, it's the cheapest source of protein in my local grocery store.

Ground beef is on "sale" when it hit's $4/lbs. Maybe once a month it will drop down to $3/lbs. Every couple weeks I can get bone in chicken thighs for $1.99/lbs.
edit on 16-12-2023 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Don't know where people are getting those egg quotes or where you live.

South of Boston, Market Basket sells Large White cage free Eggs 2 dozen for $5 and 18-packs of USDA Grade A brown eggs costs $2.49.

This is a fairly expensive state to live in, so what is going on elsewhere?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Wow!

I can't believe it.

(Is that a good price or not?)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I live on the arse end of the supply chain (middle of alaska), minimum 8% increase in the average cost of living prior to the spending craze, and inflation climb.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join