It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Seen The Price Of Eggs Lately!?!?!?!?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
In the past two years, there has been over two dozen very large chicken houses built or being built near me. Seems chickens are profitable again. Over the 20 years before that, many chicken houses were just left to rot.

Is that like the Chicken House near Vegas? I bet that is up in price too.....

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

In the past two years, there has been over two dozen very large chicken houses built or being built near me. Seems chickens are profitable again. Over the 20 years before that, many chicken houses were just left to rot.

Cash only at the Chicken House...Over at Sheri's they will trade for eggs.

Ironic...

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

OMG same!! Sometimes it's a blessing, but it's also a curse! If I need to figure out who my real friends are I just need to follow my nose, unless they are making micro-expressions in my general direction.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Good to hear from you again, AM! Even if it's a snark about eggs.

Of which I just purchased 1 1/2 dozen two days ago for $8 USD here in cage-free-by-law California.

Is it possible that all the kiddies around you have, by now grown up, moved out, or been eaten?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Have your coerced IMTAT to come back and play a final song for the the guests on the Titanic?

It would be appropriate.

BTW, Take that fu##ing mask off your face. It’s annoying and old.
edit on 14-12-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Eating eggs fights covid? Or so I read. You research and decide.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh, and get a dose of nicotine too.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Who the hell left the back door open!? We got rid of you once and here you are again. Literally the reason we can't have nice things.

Just kidding AM. Good to see you back, however temporary it may be.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Bird Flu, again

www.bloomberg.com... e

Just be aware there are some member in here that believe if you are economically above homeless level you aren’t allowed to talk about how much things cost, because it’s just rubbing it in their faces.

My egg consumption has gone down quite a bit in the last few years as I can taste fish in the eggs. I don’t know if it’s the feed or what, but it doesn’t matter if it is cage free, organic, etc. I have a neighbor that sells eggs, and they weren’t good at all either.

Chickens are bottom-feeders as are a lot of fish. That's where you get the fishy taste. Chickens will literally eat anything and everything they see. As for fish I prefer to go for fish that eat other fish, or sharks. Sharks have great taste, at least the ones I try. The dogfish is in superabundance where I live and are dirt cheap. I have a neighbor that goes out and fishes them and sells to me every week. I have neighbors that give us eggs from their chickens too. I haven't got myself any yet, though I am thinking of it.

The best meat is from a cow because they ruminate. They have four stomachs to digest the grass they eat. Their meat is very clean as the food they eat comes out extremely well digested.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No they just charge more for the booze you'll need to accept that the Tuesday night girls are now the Friday night ones

Don't ask about what's available Tuesday just make Shure ur preloaded u won't want to remember Tuesday

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"Give a man an egg he makes an omelette , give the man a chicken ...."

...he makes a Curry.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Just be aware there are some member in here that believe if you are economically above homeless level you aren’t allowed to talk about how much things cost, because it’s just rubbing it in their faces.

JAGStorm, I hear you! Just be aware there are some members who think they're interesting, relevant, and trendy who will spam nonsense threads with a holier-than-thou attitude because they're stuck up their own butt.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Chickens are bottom-feeders as are a lot of fish. That's where you get the fishy taste. Chickens will literally eat anything and everything they see. As for fish I prefer to go for fish that eat other fish, or sharks. Sharks have great taste, at least the ones I try. The dogfish is in superabundance where I live and are dirt cheap. I have a neighbor that goes out and fishes them and sells to me every week. I have neighbors that give us eggs from their chickens too. I haven't got myself any yet, though I am thinking of it. The best meat is from a cow because they ruminate. They have four stomachs to digest the grass they eat. Their meat is very clean as the food they eat comes out extremely well digested.

I’ve got a chicken story for you…

My best friend got two chicks for Easter one year. Then her mom made her get rid of them, and I took them both. A hen and a rooster… Picture this, small ranch in the middle of the neighborhood. Nobody seemed to care.
They were my beloved pets for several years. My dad was grilling steaks and that rooster flew up and scooped it right off the hot grill. My dad told that story for 40 years.

The hen laid mint green eggs as she ate a lot of the grass in our yard. The old rooster died, and eventually we had to move.
My mom gave the hen to an old evil lady that I knew 100% would turn it into soup..
Haven’t had a chicken since. (As a pet)

Back to that beef part, yes, love me some delicious red meat! That’s the one thing they don’t screw up food wise here,
Steak!

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sevruga and Krug are also up significantly.

You know what has skyrocketed, king crab..

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Welcome back mate.

Hows Ukraine
?

On a side note I can't stomach the taste of Eggs ever since I had Covid , My taste buds just haven't been the same.
edit on 14-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeofPoseidon
Eating eggs fights covid? Or so I read. You research and decide.

So does smoking!

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
For quite a few years now I've noticed the "large" size eggs are really small with extra-large or jumbo sizes more like medium and large sizes used to be. So higher priced and smaller sized, just like most products lately.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I read somewhere a while back that some feed for chickens has fish in it. It may be the omega 3 feed. But the eggs that we buy from a local woman are fed the better quality food with high omega feed and are out and about all summer and also go outside most winter days if they want to. And they do not taste like fish at all.

The fishy smell and taste has something to do with a protein that is not broken down properly. Chickens do not normally eat fish, so they may not be able to metabolize it properly, so they may pass on the fishy taste to the eggs if this hypothesis of mine is correct....it is only a guess of what is possibly happening. We have had one dozen of eggs that seemed to have a little fishy smell to them from the store. But the only reason we are buying eggs from the store is that her chickens are molting and they are only laying enough eggs for her families own consumption. She makes some breads out of their garden produce this time of year, and they make cakes and cookies for social functions. The chickens barely produce enough for themselves this time of year.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Welcome back mate.

Hows Ukraine
?

On a side note I can't stomach the taste of Eggs ever since I had Covid , My taste buds just haven't been the same.

Is your sense of smell normal?

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I noticed a very fishy taste in some eggs I bought not long ago, they didn’t taste good at all. Thought it might be the olive oil I used, had a weird taste nonetheless. Interesting to know it was probably in the eggs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join