It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to Flood Hamas Tunnels with Seawater

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Egypt flooded their tunnels back in 2015.

The Egyptian military on Friday morning began pumping sea water into the underground cross-border tunnels dug between its Sinai Peninsula and the Gaza Strip in what appears to be a renewed campaign to stamp out terror activity along the border.

Ya gotta love Egypt’s train of thought though😂

Officials announced last month that the area would be flooded and would eventually be converted into 18 fish farms along the 14-kilometer border with Gaza, making the digging of new underground tunnels impossible.

Egypt floods tunnels

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Xtrozero

They also seem to be lined with concrete.

We are not talking about the Great Escape type digging?

I recall watching the telly a few years back, 60 Minutes, or some similar program, which explained that much of the construction material slated for civilian use was diverted for terrorist purposes.

They mentioned concrete, plumbing materials, metal roofing, and insulation.

Typical Hamas, and typical “civilians” giving it a pass.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
Oh. Neat.

Is this before or after the hostages are released/rescued?

Are any still alive?

How many are praying for release or death?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Okay .. just gotta' quote this ... excellent idea. It would be fitting. Probably can't though. It would cause disease and then the Hamas sympathizers would be upset that they all got sick.

They would scream biological warfare of mass destruction, oh, and genocide.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hamas named the October 7th massacre of Israel “Flood of Al Aqsa."

Look`s like the flood is coming , directly in their whereabouts

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime
a reply to: Xtrozero

So it would likely destroy gazas water supply too. Not genocide though.

I don't know that there is all that much left to destroy. That they are allowed access to in Gaza that is. The Israeli settlers in the West Bank have been permitted to dig new wells to access depleted acqivers but Palestinians were prevented from doing so.
edit on 6-12-2023 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Its pretty much irrelevant who built the tunnels, the important thing is why and in what way were Hamas using the tunnels?

I think its well established Hamas were using them for terrorist activities so I personally think its fair Israel take whatever steps they deem necessary to negate their future use for the same purposes.

Or have you got another suggestion?

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I suppose, assuming that they are certain hostages aren't being held down there it is relatively humane as a measure. Announcing it seems somewhat counter intuitive as it gives opportunity to move the hostages into the tunnels.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Does anyone really believe the remaining hostages are still alive or in any sort of fit and healthy condition?

It seems at some point in the near future Israel is going to be in a position to determine if there are hostages in the tunnels.
Once they've done that then I think its perfectly reasonable for them to render them unfit for future use in any way they see fit.

Then they have to make sure that Hamas and/or other like minded terrorist groups are not in a position to build any more tunnels.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So if they're no longer fit and healthy it's okay to drown them? Ouch, that's some tough love you're handing out.
edit on 6-12-2023 by BrucellaOrchitis because: Autocorrect hrumph

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I didn't say that, you're inferring what you want to infer.

When Israel are in a position to determine if the hostages are in the tunnels or not I would expect them to be able to extricate any there prior to doing whatever they deem necessary.

But you knew that.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

No, you did say that, quite nonchalantly in fact. I knew you likely didn't mean that but you chose your own words don't blame me for taking them at face value.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Stop being silly.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
All Hamas will say is that they drowned children that were hiding in the tunnels away from bombing .

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

You forgot all the women, too?

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Here we go again.... no, they are not

Images of Israel flooding Gaza Tunnels
, the headline at your link clearly says

First images 'show Israel preparing to flood Hamas tunnels with sea water as troops set up pipes and pumps in Gaza'
(bolded part mine)

It was not clear whether Israel would consider using the pumps before all the Israeli hostages captured by Hamas terrorists on October 7 as any move to flood the tunnels would prove fatal for the captives.
from your link and bolded part mine.
It reads to me that by setting up the appearance of the tunnels about to be flooded, which, according to your linked article, will take weeks to do, the IDF are hoping to 'flush' Hamas and any captives out without spilling a drop of the Med. Just my view.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Just came up available -
Im ages of Israel flooding Gaza Tunnels

Here’s a video.

This is how we get rid of gophers up here.

t.me...

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: FlyersFan
Here we go again.... no, they are not

Images of Israel flooding Gaza Tunnels
, the headline at your link clearly says

First images 'show Israel preparing to flood Hamas tunnels with sea water as troops set up pipes and pumps in Gaza'
(bolded part mine)

It was not clear whether Israel would consider using the pumps before all the Israeli hostages captured by Hamas terrorists on October 7 as any move to flood the tunnels would prove fatal for the captives.
from your link and bolded part mine.
It reads to me that by setting up the appearance of the tunnels about to be flooded, which, according to your linked article, will take weeks to do, the IDF are hoping to 'flush' Hamas and any captives out without spilling a drop of the Med. Just my view.
Rainbows
Jane

You are putting a lot of effort into your point here. I said "Israel to Flood" as in future tense, I didn't "are flooding " and I didn't give a date, but it seems they have started.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

I dug a pond and piled up the turfs I had to cut out of my lawn. The pile became a rat nest.

Poured a gallon of petrol into it, lit it. Whuuumph!

Did the job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join