It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela War With Guyana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

you win / we are not worth #

I think it goes more back to the pack animal mentality. A pack of wolves are loving and caring within their pack, but boy anything outside and they are one horrendous creature. With humans, we have many layers of packs mainly due to our intelligence. Also within those packs, we have limits as to how far one is willing to go. With close family/very close friends we are typically willing to kill or die. The pack of a sports team is more of a rivalry that can invoke anger and some verbal/physical abuse. Then we have outer layers like country, faith, politics, etc.

We all need to understand why we do things good or bad, and not put ourselves into some false sense of reality where we think we are somehow more evolved than others.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The danger is very real. Venezuela is the most heavily armed country in South America and is backed by China and Russia.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. I've been trying to push this story, but everyone is more infatuated with the Ireland riots or the Israel-Hamas war...

I am not. No one cares, Venezuelans aren't Jewish, and Guyana was a British territory.

Plus between Ukrainian flags and Palestinian ones, anti-war people can't process a third, or fourth, when China takes a run at Taiwan.

It wouldn't surprise me if China was influential on the three preceding wars (Started by Russia, Iran, and Venezuela), to accomplish their ultimate goal, distract the world enough for the fourth war.
edit on 9-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

China doesn't yet have enough power to invade Taiwan. By 2050 China has 10 carrier strike groups while America has weakened more.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleKingdomer

And a growing manpower problem.

something like 20% of the population will be over 60 by 2035, and its not getting better from there.

So unless they perfect AI in the meantime, I dont know how they will be able to man those groups.

====================

On topic, I am aware of it but dont know enough to understand the dynamic because to be honest most folks know little about the political situation down that way.
edit on 57Sat, 09 Dec 2023 12:57:58 -060057581212pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Perhaps. But by 2050 the US will be 30% white compared to 50% white currently. The US will be weak like Mexico or Brazil. The US will not defend Taiwan.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleKingdomer

ethnicity is irrelevant, not having enough young people to man the vessels its what matters.

We are not in great shape ourselves age wise but we are light years ahead of china in still being young enough to fight in 20+ years.

ETA: I honestly think we are the last one china has to worry about they have pissed off everyone around them, and if china tries to eat the porcupine they may get corn holed by someone next door.
edit on 26Sat, 09 Dec 2023 23:26:39 -060026391111pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It may all have to do with the new oil and gas reserves discovery offshore of Guyana. The same could be said for Gaza with their new offshore oil and gas discovery. Ukraine? Any offshore oil and gas reserves or was the annexing simply for ease of oil and gas transport? Any way we look at it, it's hand over fist money from oil and gas or arms trade.

These latest developments indicate that Guyana’s oil boom will see the country become a major oil producer in Latin America, that will one day rival nearby Brazil, the region’s leading petroleum producer. To ensure that the former British colony’s oil industry keeps growing at an impressive pace Georgetown is focused on building out the required infrastructure to support the petroleum industry. Construction of Guyana’s first deep water port on the country’s eastern coast on the Berbice River was started by CGX back in 2021 with the multi-million-dollar facility, which has already cost the company $21.8 million, to be complete by 2023. On commencing operations, the port will be a key component of the infrastructure underpinning Guyana’s burgeoning oil boom, while supporting the two existing oil and gas ports, because it will the country’s only deep-water facility. In October 2022 Georgetown announced the tender process for Guyana’s first oil refinery. Guyana’s government is seeking proposals to finance, design and build a 30,000-barrel-per-day facility on state land near the Berbice River, which will further bolster the importance of CGX’s port.

oilprice.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
(Spam removed)
edit on 10/12/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
ETA: I honestly think we are the last one china has to worry about they have pissed off everyone around them, and if china tries to eat the porcupine they may get corn holed by someone next door.

China have been butting heads with the Phillipines of late, do the US not have obligations and responsibilities there? The US have a significant presence on Okinawa too, as I understand it. China may not have to worry about the US but the US could get worried if trade is interupted, I presume that preventing such an eventuality is their primary purpose in the region??

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's pretty wild Venezuela has 35 times the population of Guyana. By comparison, Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine. This is too much man power disparity. Not to mention Guyana basically has no military while Venezuela is the most heavily armed South American country equipped with Su-30 fighter jets.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleKingdomer
It's pretty wild Venezuela has 35 times the population of Guyana. By comparison, Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine. This is too much man power disparity. Not to mention Guyana basically has no military while Venezuela is the most heavily armed South American country equipped with Su-30 fighter jets.

U.S. Exxon-Mobile is drilling off Guyana so they have a stake in this, perhaps?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Doubt. If there is a war. This will be like the most 1 sided war in the history of humankind, like, ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleKingdomer
a reply to: quintessentone

Doubt. If there is a war. This will be like the most 1 sided war in the history of humankind, like, ever.

You may be right as I'm not sure what else the U.S. can do when they've already imposed many sanctions on Venezuela since 2005. More sanctions? Or work with Venezuela after they annex half of Guyana?

On October 18, 2023, the Treasury Department

• issued a six-month general license temporarily authorizing transactions involving the oil and gas sector in Venezuela;
• issued another general license authorizing transactions with Minerven, in part to reduce illicit gold trading; and
• amended licenses to remove bans on the secondary trading of certain Venezuelan bonds and PdVSA debt and equity.

Should the Maduro government not comply with the terms of the election agreement, the State Department said that
the United States will “reverse steps we have taken.”

crsreports.congress.gov...
edit on q000000431231America/Chicago4343America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Xi recently met Maduro and promised assistance. Looks like war is pretty much unavoidable at this point.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Yep we have several people in the area, that would obligate us to get involved.

But that takes time to build up forces and move, some of chinas neighbors really dont like them, used to be everyone hated japan, thats no longer the case china is that hated nation and the risk to the nations around them and there are several countries that could put up a ferocious fight against china.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The risk that China represents though should we assume it is only a military one? I mean, their economy looks to tank within the next decade or so due to a lack of population growth in the right areas. The massive disparity in male to female ratio already means they're increasingly a mover in sex trafficking circles. What China appears to need more than anything else right now is women of child-bearing age.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Precisely. China needs to import 10 million Slavic women over the next 10 years. And that requires killing off 10 million Slavic men over the next 10 years. What do you think the Ukraine Russia war is all about?

www.reddit.com...
edit on 10-12-2023 by MiddleKingdomer because: spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

China cannot be underestimated. China is a thousands year old civilization. China has 4 times the population of the US. Even if 80% of Chinese are old people, China still has more young people than the US. On top of that, Chinese are far more patriotic and disciplined compared to Americans.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is just as serious as all the other wars and rumors of wars. The US has a bunch of oil rigs in that area which Venezuela had warned the us to vacate their assets there. It's crazy!

Seems another peice of the WW3 end times puzzle soon in place.
edit on 10-12-2023 by StokeGnar37 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join