It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Israel agrees to 4-day ceasefire, hostage and prisoner exchange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Israel has reached a ceasefire deal with Hamas that will see the release of 150 Palestinian prisoners from Israeli jails in return for only 50 of the over 200 hostages held by terror group Hamas in Gaza. An earlier report stated that the breakdown of the hostages released would be 30 children and 12 women.

Israeli Prime Minister Bejamin Netanyahu said that hostilities would resume after the ceasefire, while a senior official expressed the hope that 50 hostages would be released within 4 days, per ABC. An American 3-year-old who was left orphaned after Hamas terrorists killed her parents is expected to be among those released. The Biden adminstration has said that this is not guaranteed, however.

Hamas kidnapped more than 200 hostages on October 7 when they launched a surprise attack against Israel that stole the lives of some 1,200 Israelis, many of them women, children, and the elderly. Israeli's return attacks have killed over 14,000 according to the Gaza Health Ministry, which is run by Hamas.

I keep seeing how Israel are the new nazis and the myriad of comparisons [snipped]

Regardless, this is the right move. Lets hope all are alive and accounted for.

Link
edit on Wed Nov 22 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Israel has reached a ceasefire deal with Hamas that will see the release of 150 Palestinian prisoners from Israeli jails in return for only 50 of the over 200 hostages held by terror group Hamas in Gaza. An earlier report stated that the breakdown of the hostages released would be 30 children and 12 women.

Israeli Prime Minister Bejamin Netanyahu said that hostilities would resume after the ceasefire, while a senior official expressed the hope that 50 hostages would be released within 4 days, per ABC. An American 3-year-old who was left orphaned after Hamas terrorists killed her parents is expected to be among those released. The Biden adminstration has said that this is not guaranteed, however.

Hamas kidnapped more than 200 hostages on October 7 when they launched a surprise attack against Israel that stole the lives of some 1,200 Israelis, many of them women, children, and the elderly. Israeli's return attacks have killed over 14,000 according to the Gaza Health Ministry, which is run by Hamas.

I keep seeing how Israel are the new nazis and the myriad of comparisons from accounts who are very new to our community.

Regardless, this is the right move. Lets hope all are alive and accounted for.

Link

Israel is going to steamroll that strip of rotted land at some point, everyone knows this. The remaining hostages are the only bargaining tool Hamas has. I’m glad Israel is getting a few hostages back. I hope they can save them all.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

I agree and have to wonder if hamas was made some promises of reinforcement for their actions.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I am sure that hamas has killed most of the hostages they took, two bodies were found in the tunnels under the hospital.

Keep bending over Israel, that is why you get attacked by hamas whenever they feel out of their asses to do it.

But is good to know who the enemy in the America is, the terrorist hiding in our nation has shown their ugly faces, everywhere, from our grade schools to highest places or learning and within our own government.

People better take a good look and think very hard of what our nation has become since hamas decided to attack Israel.

The anti-Americanism is bigger than ever in America.

edit on 21-11-2023 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I agree and have to wonder if hamas was made some promises of reinforcement for their actions.

That’s a very good point. We can only wonder as to what the details really are behind the scenes. My guess is that Hamas will drip release a couple hostages here and there in exchange for temporary ceasefires and prisoner swaps. They can buy a lot of time with that. The hostages are definitely part of a strategy.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If these 4 days are buying them time, then it stands to reason that they will attempt to drag this out.

Like you said, this is their only leverage and if they are giving it up, the only resource they are gaining is time.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hamas leaders admit hope for ‘permanent’ Israel war - ATS - News Link

My guess .... just gives them time to Re-load and Re-Think...We will see

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

What happened to all the "If you support a ceasefire, you support Hamas!" rhetoric flooding these pages up to now?

Israel must now be Supporting Hamas?
edit on 21-11-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wonder how long into the four day ceasefire before some Hamas jackass starts firing rockets back into Israel?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

They would not do that while the trade is on going, but once is over is fair game again.

BTW Iran should be happy, they are getting their 10b too, win win for terrorist.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What is that, the 1/3 compromise? I agree that Israelis are worth more than terrorists but it's a screwed deal. Israel will get shafted on any deal in this standard 1:3 style.

As has always been the case when negotiating terms with Muslims.

Like 1948:

UN: Israel agrees to the Northern portion of the coast and Palestine agrees to drawing a circle around all holy sites and places of significance and the area once called Philista. No one gets Jerusalem.

Jews: That sounds great!

Arabs: THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE WE WANT EVERYTHING! NOT JUST THE HOLY SITES. ISRAEL DOESNT EXIST AND WE ACCEPT THE PARTITIAN.

UN: Although we totally sympathize with you our hands are tied and we are to establish a Jewish state in the territory.

edit on 21-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I wonder how reaching the ceasefire will be with other groups than Hamas? Some other hill jack terrorist group might conveniently not get the memo?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

They would not do that while the trade is on going, but once is over is fair game again.

BTW Iran should be happy, they are getting their 10b too, win win for terrorist.

Saudi Arabia has entered the chat.

Middle East policy is a constant mess.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thus the importance of the Abraham Accords.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

WTF!

I'd say all hostages released or every palestinian is a walking corpse.

In 5. . . 4. . . 3. . . . 2. . . .

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Israel is announcing cease fire.

Are they supporting terrorists?

*thumbs shoot off like rockets into orbit*
edit on 21-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: spiffification

edit on 21-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: cleanerization

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

That is true, Al-Qaida and Isis has been helping hams, also with the palestinian liberation front, yep the peaceful Palestinians have their own terrorist group.

They are no hamas but they are still a terrorist group.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Is never going to change as long as is terrorist group wagging jihad on Israel, that is the problem.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiothermalReactor
Israel is announcing cease fire.

Are they supporting terrorists?

*thumbs shoot off like rockets into orbit*

Your opening salvo:

The argument of the title is being used common enough to warrant a thread.

Yet, no source provided.....

More of your strawmen..kewel.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Thus the importance of the Abraham Accords.

I agree.

Saudi Arabia is one of the worst stains on US foreign policy IMO.

But a normalization in relations between them and Israel will ultimately calm them in time. If the average citizen in Saudi Arabia is better educated and exposed to western culture, I think it will eventually dial back the extremism there.

That would have quite the impact in the Middle East seeing as Mecca is there. You’ll have the likes of Iran and other radical ideological entities seethe and resist, but the world just doesn’t have the appetite for their archaic beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join