It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Hamas Use Human Shields

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88
You're raising questions instead of answers. Give me a detailed investigation about an incident instead of of questions that are still under investigation with conflicting information depending on the source. Give me a link to an good article, or even better photos or videos.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

First where is the evidence, then we can discuss the details later. Let me see the evidence first.
edit on 16-11-2023 by Mawdano because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mawdano
You're raising questions instead of answers. Give me a detailed investigation about an incident instead of of questions that are still under investigation with conflicting information depending on the source. Give me a link to an good article, or even better photos or videos.

I haven’t raised questions.

I’m giving evidence.

Radar data shows Hamas launches rocket attacks from neighborhoods.

Does Hamas launch rockets from any locations other than neighborhoods and public sites.

HAMAS OFFICIALS ADMIT ITS STRATEGY IS TO USE PALESTINIAN CIVILIANS AS HUMAN SHIELDS

www.fdd.org...

An interviewer recently posed a logical question to Mousa Abu Marzouk, a senior member of the Hamas politburo: “Since you have built 500 kilometers of tunnels, why haven’t you built bomb shelters where civilians can hide during bombardments?”

Abu Marzouk said the tunnels are “meant to protect us” from Israeli aircraft and facilitate attacks on Israeli targets.

“Us” meaning Hamas. Not civilians.

Hamas chooses not to build bomb shelters in Gaza because that would undercut its ability to use the population as human shields.

By putting civilians in or above its military positions, Hamas knows it cannot lose.

Either it will prevent Israel from attacking, since the Israeli military tries to minimize harm to civilians, or if Israel does attack, the use of human shields will ensure high civilian casualties.

Hamas can then hold the death toll against Israel while generating sympathy for itself.

Hamas uses its hundreds of miles of tunnels for military purposes: to transport weapons and ammunition, store supplies and train its members without exposing them to enemy surveillance and fire.

Equally important, the tunnels are a convenient way for Hamas to hide its military assets underneath civilian infrastructure. That is a textbook use of human shields, which international law prohibits.

Reliant on civilians to protect it from Israeli counterattacks, Hamas cannot afford to let Gaza’s civilian population seek refuge from clashes with the Israel Defense Forces

edit on 16-11-2023 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

And is there not outrage when that happens...

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mawdano

That’s no military base where Hamas is launching rockets from.

Video shows Hamas rocket launches and Israeli airstrikes in Gaza

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

In most scenarios of they aren't shooting the hostages SWAT isn't going to bum rush guns blazing. They will take cover and hold the perimeter. Then assess the situation and make a plain that puts the leash risk of harm to hostages in play. Point being hostage safetly is a top priority. That doesn't seem to be what we are seeing play out in Gaza though.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Gaza terrorists launch fresh rocket barrages at south as Israel hits Hamas targets

www.timesofisrael.com...

At the same time, rockets launched from the Strip at the southern coastal city of Ashkelon caused damage, authorities said. One rocket directly hit a home, causing damage, and another hit a number of cars, the Fire and Rescue Service said. There were no injuries.

I don’t think the neighborhoods of the city of Ashkelon are supposed to be rocket bases?
edit on 16-11-2023 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

First of all, the source of information is heavily funded by Jewish/Israeli money

In 2019, FDD received $100,000 from the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation. 45 FDD also received $5,000 from the Jewish Endowment Foundation in 2018, 46 $150,000 from the Helen Diller Family Foundation in 2016, 47 and $234,800 from the Jewish Communal Fund in 2014. 48

Let's ignore this point and go into details

"Hamas chooses not to build bomb shelters in Gaza because that would undercut its ability to use the population as human shields."

Who said this statement? Who is the source?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

In most scenarios of they aren't shooting the hostages SWAT isn't going to bum rush guns blazing. They will take cover and hold the perimeter. Then assess the situation and make a plain that puts the leash risk of harm to hostages in play. Point being hostage safetly is a top priority. That doesn't seem to be what we are seeing play out in Gaza though.

As asked. What would happen If the hostage takers start firing thousands of rockets into neighborhoods?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

First of all, the source of information is heavily funded by Jewish/Israeli money

What are you jabbering about.

There is radar data and video of Hamas rockets being launched from cities and neighborhoods.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That location they are firing from is a legitimate target. I'm not sure whether it's a regular building or an hidden base. No matter what is it, it is a legitimate target.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I'm discussing the bunker article.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Identical letters dated 27 August 2014 from the Permanent Representative of Israel to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General and the President of the Security Council

www.timesofisrael.com...

Deadly rockets were fired daily from launch pads located in hospitals, mosques and schools in Gaza only to explode in homes, synagogues and kindergartens in Israel. While Israel has been using missile defence to protect its civilians, Hamas has been using civilians to protect its missiles.

While the Israeli Supreme Court advanced human rights in 2002 in its outlawing human shields.

Hamas is the same dirty terrorists committing atrocities and using human shields.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Did you read my question?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I'm discussing the bunker article.

No. You’re trying to stall while you ignore the evidence that is available and easy to find that proves Hamas uses human shields. Hamas does nothing to evacuate civilians from cities and neighborhoods it uses for rocket bases and bases of operations. And Hamas does nothing to shelter its citizens. It even denies its civilians the use of miles of tunnels Hamas dug with money and resources stolen from aid.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It even denies its civilians the use of miles of tunnels Hamas dug with money and resources stolen from aid.

If civilians go into Hamas tunnels, they will be considered as Human Shields that are taken there to protect Hamas.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It even denies its civilians the use of miles of tunnels Hamas dug with money and resources stolen from aid.

If civilians go into Hamas tunnels, they will be considered as Human Shields that are taken there to protect Hamas.

Not if Hamas would remove their military equipment and weapons and designated them as bomb shelters.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Your stalling..

The Israeli military said these attacks are strategically launched near vulnerable public areas, including schools, kindergartens, and mosques

www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Well, Hamas base is underground. They are better to be underground away from civilians.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I don't know what do you mean by stalling. I'm discussing the evidence you're putting on the table. If you think discussion is stalling then it is your own problem.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join