It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Dumbest Things We're Supposed to Believe about Gaza

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I guess nr.9 doesn't count for most parents and Churches when it's Christmas time. As they tell the kids that Jesus was born on Dec. 25th, or sing that lie in Christmas carols (often while knowing it isn't true).

And that's not even bringing up the lies self-professed 'Christian' parents tell their kids about Santa Clause. I've even seen a theist refer to atheists arguing that believing in God is like believing in Santa Clause, as people who are suffering from Santa syndrome. Just because they were lied to about Santa Clause being fictional, they now believe what they've been told about God is just more of the same (lies, false stories/myths), and this reaction to being lied to about Santa Clause the youtuber called Santa syndrome, making fun of the condition and sort of blaming the atheist for it. But is it really the fault of the one being lied to, or the self-professed 'Christian' parents lying about Santa Clause and Christmas as their kids are still growing up, and their minds and opinions being very susceptible to negative experiences like that? You've been caught lying to them throughout their formative years, no wonder they won't trust what you have to say about God either anymore after they realize they've been lied to for years. Or just seeing the Churches put up a pretense with their Christmas carols, and demonstrating their hypocrisy when it comes to obeying God's commandments concerning honesty.

Santa syndrome is real, many people have stopped believing in God because they were lied to about Santa Clause by the people they trusted most and who also first taught them about God, their own parents for crying out loud! It was the youtuber ShockofGod who brought it up:

edit on 15-11-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I have to laugh when someone seriously says the words "war criminal" as if that means anything at all. Last I heard murder was illegal in every country on earth. War is crime. It is killing people and breaking their stuff.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fairlite
a reply to: 19Bones79

I have to laugh when someone seriously says the words "war criminal" as if that means anything at all. Last I heard murder was illegal in every country on earth. War is crime. It is killing people and breaking their stuff.

In principle yes you are right.
But there is a legal definition and context of what war crimes are.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

Nothing worse than an overzealous hypocrisy

What God you are supposed to love more than anything else?

The God of Christianity, Islam, or Judaism?
A bit of a rhetorical question as it's the same God, the God of the Old Testament. And just as someone said sometime ago...the most unpleasant character in all fiction.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OmegaLogos

Explanation: 1stly Israel is a war criminal AND Hamas are terrorists ok!

2ndly Genocide my ASS! Here is why ...

There is about 2 MILLION people in GAZA according to the US state dept ...

www.state.gov...

2 million The U.S. government estimates the total Palestinian population at 3 million in the West Bank and 2 million in the Gaza Strip (midyear 2022).. According to the U.S. government and other sources, Palestinian residents of these territories are predominantly Sunni Muslims, with small Shia and Ahmadi Muslim communities.

AND yet so far Israel has NOT killed a majority of them at all, having merely killed about 10,000 people in 1 month [about 0.5% of the total population of GAZA ok]

www.reuters.com...

How many people in Gaza have died? 10,022 people The health ministry in the Hamas-controlled enclave said at least 10,022 people in Gaza have since been killed, including 4,104 children. "Gaza is becoming a graveyard for children.

Personal Disclosure: Come back and claim genocide when the kill ratio reaches 50% or more [1 million+ deaths] ok!

I am sure it will reach that level at some point ... but as it currently stands the body count is nowhere near genocidal levels.

The question becomes is the current total of civilian deaths proportional to the military aims of Israel?

I'd say it is not proportional at all and is just a pure slaughter of children ... which IS a WAR CRIME!

Get your facts straight then distort them as you please ok.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Turkenstein1

You have thanked someone else for making this comment

AND yet so far Israel has NOT killed a majority of them at all, having merely killed about 10,000 people in 1 month [about 0.5% of the total population of GAZA]

Do you really think the slaughtering of 10,000+ civilians is a small number and according to what metric is that? Or is there any number you want to suggest that you want us to have in mind.

Regardless of the attempts made the 10,000 innocent civilians killed is a huge death toll. That's what you need to have in mind. Trivialising the situation is immoral by the way. Israel has committed a range of war crimes and one of them is the mass killings of innocent civilians.

For comparison the 0.5% of the population killed in Gaza corresponds to about 1,670,000 deaths here in the US with the population to be around 334,000,000 people.

The trivialisation of deaths and the attempts to present the death toll as low and insignificant have failed.

And to make an additional comment, what is said in that paragraph above is really dumb and fits very well with the topic of this thread.

[
edit on 18-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
I often wondered where our great philosophers gathered their thoughts from.
Or where the melodies created by musicians come from.

I think the mainstream *incentive program* is a racket.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Leviathan4

If that were true they could kill everyone in gaza within 48 hrs. They are limiting the scope of their attacks. Though ivthink the need to destroy Hamas means they are willing to accept higher casualties. When Israelis said never again I believe them they are going to make sure Hamas cannot do this again. Sadly that means civilians will die and also eventually people will turn against Hamas for starting this war and destroying the negotiated cease fire.

There is alot of suffering because of the attack yes they will blame Israel but also I think Hamas will be blamed as well takes 2 to fight.

Do you think that they need to kill the entire population to commit war crimes and crimes against humanity. They are already killing a large number of civilians destroying the infrastructure of Gaza.

You think 250 civilians per day is a small amount? You need to reconsider what is meant by mass killings.

How many if those 250 a day are Hamas fighters? Someone is shooting at the Israelis. So apparently the IDF is so inept that instead of killing the people shooting at them they are killing innocent civilians?

They claim they are inflicting heavy losses on Hamas fighters. In combat sometimes its easy to tell who is who. Other times it's not as obvious. For example Russia is losing about 400 a day. Hamas isn't going to tell you how many of their fighters has been killed. The only source for casualties is Hamas. So far The IDF has claimed they have killed 1785 hamas soldiers so far possibly more since as I said identifying them is difficult. This is just what they knew about.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4

If that were true they could kill everyone in gaza within 48 hrs. They are limiting the scope of their attacks. Though ivthink the need to destroy Hamas means they are willing to accept higher casualties. When Israelis said never again I believe them they are going to make sure Hamas cannot do this again. Sadly that means civilians will die and also eventually people will turn against Hamas for starting this war and destroying the negotiated cease fire.

There is alot of suffering because of the attack yes they will blame Israel but also I think Hamas will be blamed as well takes 2 to fight.

Do you think that they need to kill the entire population to commit war crimes and crimes against humanity. They are already killing a large number of civilians destroying the infrastructure of Gaza.

You think 250 civilians per day is a small amount? You need to reconsider what is meant by mass killings.

How many if those 250 a day are Hamas fighters? Someone is shooting at the Israelis. So apparently the IDF is so inept that instead of killing the people shooting at them they are killing innocent civilians?

They claim they are inflicting heavy losses on Hamas fighters. In combat sometimes its easy to tell who is who. Other times it's not as obvious. For example Russia is losing about 400 a day. Hamas isn't going to tell you how many of their fighters has been killed. The only source for casualties is Hamas. So far The IDF has claimed they have killed 1785 hamas soldiers so far possibly more since as I said identifying them is difficult. This is just what they knew about.

Here is some upgraded information

amp.theguardian.com...

According to the independent Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, which is chaired by US emeritus law professor and former UN special rapporteur on Palestine, Richard Falk, the civilian death toll as of 20 November is 16,413, with nearly 34,000 injured. This would mean one in every 142 Palestinian civilians killed in a month and a half.

Professor Falk talks about 16,413 civilian casualties until now. That's a huge death toll and it's due to the continuous bombing campaign that doesn't discriminate between civilians and combatants. Given that Gaza is the most densely populated areas in the world you would expect thousands and thousands of innocent civilians to die.

Do you have a link about the claim made by the IDF. Even if we accept it still the vast majority of people killed are civilians.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I agree you couldn't throw a rock in gaza without hitting someone. But this leaves Israel with a huge problem. They stop and Hamas buys more weapons and rockets and Israeli citizens die. Or they continue until they completely remove Hamas and suffer the image problems associated with civilian casualties. It really comes down to what is more important to them their image in the international stage or Israelis lives. I think I know what they chose however I do believe that there will be a point where they get diminished returns on either option

Hamas isn't in gaza the people in charge are living the high life in Qatar. So unless they go after them I don't think this will stop. What I do know is if the mossad does go after them not much Qatar can do to stop them. What I see as the only draw back is again making Qatar mad and thus they start spending money against Israel.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It's important to note that discussing or endorsing violence, especially against children, is ethically and morally unacceptable. However, addressing the hypothetical scenario you presented, it's crucial to emphasize that international humanitarian law and ethical considerations universally condemn the targeting of civilians, including children, regardless of the circumstances. The use of human shields is also considered a violation of these principles. The international community advocates for the protection of civilians in conflict zones and expects all parties involved to adhere to these standards. It is essential to promote peaceful and humanitarian resolutions to conflicts, prioritizing the safety and well-being of all individuals, especially children. support by donating like at a website.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What is Biden's logic and reasoning behind this?

President Joe Biden continues to insist that a Palestinian state emerge at the end of Israel’s war with Hamas, despite the fact that doing so would reward Hamas for the terror attack of October 7, and encourage similar attacks — and not just against Israelis.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

He's not good at explaining himself. Hopefully he will be a lame duck in 10 months.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
What we're (Jews) really good at is bull#.

TextThe ten dumbest things we're being asked to believe about Gaza:

1. That Israel had no idea what Hamas was up to prior to October 7, but ever since October 7 has known about every hospital, mosque, school, refugee camp and water tower that Hamas is hiding in.

2. That the blame for all of the deaths caused by Israeli weapons launched by Israel rests solely on Hamas.

3. That Hamas is using “human shields” — meaning Hamas bases are hidden amidst civilian populations — yet Israel is managing to kill thousands of civilians without doing any meaningful damage to Hamas.

4. That it would be perfectly fine to murder children by the thousands even if they were being used as “human shields” — as though resolving a hostage situation by mowing down thousands of child hostages would be regarded as reasonable and acceptable by the public if it happened in our own country.

5. That is is only by pure coincidence that Israel bombing “Hamas targets” in civilian infrastructure and residential buildings just so happens to look exactly the same as what you’d expect to see if Israel was simply bombing civilian infrastructure and residential buildings and lying about its reasons for doing so.

6. That satellite images of entire neighborhoods reduced to rubble in Gaza have been caused by “precision strikes” directed solely at Hamas and have been carried out with the greatest of care for human life, despite Israeli officials openly saying that “the emphasis is on damage and not on accuracy” in this assault and that “Gaza will eventually turn into a city of tents; there will be no buildings.”

7. That this bombing campaign has anything to do with freeing Israeli hostages — as though the bombing campaign itself has not killed dozens of hostages, and as though anyone believes Israel would stop bombing Gaza after the hostages are returned.

8. That the only reason anyone could possibly oppose the detonation of thousands of bombs on an open air prison full of children would be if they had very strong and hateful opinions toward the members of the religion of Judaism.

9. That Hamas attacked Israel entirely out of the blue and completely unprovoked, solely because they are evil and hate Jews.

10. That Washington is powerless to stop this genocide that it is directly funding and supplying.

Link to X

already has 3,2 million views.
Awareness is spreading, and Israel is digging itself a bigger hole with every innocent life they destroy.

There is no coming back from this.

Thanks 19Bones79 for the video link

People need the reality check, NOT msm . . .

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
US lawmakers support limiting aid to Israel
after Netanyahu rejects Palestinian state

www.middleeasteye.net...

edit on 23-1-2024 by ToneD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to:

edit on 23-1-2024 by tomeville because: because

<< 3  4  5   >>

join