It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will an Independent win?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I’ve been able to predict presidency with razor sharp accuracy. I think a lot of you have seen the names people called me, told me I was delusional.
It wasn’t close to election time either. I predicted Trumps win. Believe it or not, many people were really against him at that time, even on here.
Then I predicted Bidens win. Some of you were downright nasty to ol’ JAGStorm.. It was funny gloating in the aftermath.

This time around I’ve got nothing, zero, zilch, no feelings whatsoever, which is really strange… Makes me wonder if pandemonium will ensue.
I’ve read and I’ve talked to friends and everyone is sick of both Trump and Biden. I’d say there is equal disdain for both.
We’ve seen that Democrats are gaining ground, but people think Biden is too old and just isn’t well liked in his party… Where does that leave people.

I have a feeling a lot of young voters will be out in droves, a lot of women voters will be out… Where does that lead to??

Here are some interesting Independents that might run:
thehill.com...

Andrew Yang… hmmm

Speculation about Yang’s presidential aspirations rose more recently in July when he announced he was joining forces with the Renew America Movement, made up of former Republican officials, and the Serve America Movement, comprised of Democrats, Republicans and independents, to come together behind the Forward Party.

Liz Chaney

Cheney was once seen as a possible candidate for Speaker but was removed from her position as GOP conference chair in May 2021 in response to her unwillingness to join most of her Republican colleagues in saying that the 2020 election was stolen.

Hmm

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

An independent did win once, a 3rd party dark-horse candidate.

His name was trump.

I think is was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in '16.

But my mind isn't as sharp as it once was. Getting old now.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

His name was trump.

I think is was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in '16.

But my mind isn't as sharp as it once was. Getting old now.

That’s right, Trump was a Democrat, then a Republican, looks like pretty soon he’ll be neither.

I heard Ron Desantis also isn’t sure of what he is, a short man, or a tall man. 🤣
Seriously, those boots…..

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Isn't Kennedy running as an Independent as well?

I thought he was.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I think an Independent NEEDS to win.

Both parties are driving the country into the ground for vastly different reasons, with opposing maps to do so, but with the same end result - overreaching government.

Censorship, marxist ideals, rampant crime, defunded police, destruction of the family unit, overly intrusive government reach, hypocritical stances on random topics like religion and schools, war, surveillance, bribes, kickbacks, the forbidden A word, secret money and lobbying, insider trading, etc.

It's just a game of whose ideals can be victorious through unfettered governmental power.

We need someone who doesn't want to be in politics, someone who has be dragged kicking and screaming to the White House. That's the candidate we all need to vote for.

The question is, do people have the cojones to make it happen? With the boomers going away, that leaves a lot of Gen X and Millennials in the driver seat(s).

........ OK, them being a major part of the voting base is pretty scary now that I say it out loud. Crap.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I thought he was.

I’m not sure but he is another interesting candidate.

Yes he is!
apnews.com...

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Republicans attacked Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on Monday as the longtime environmental lawyer and anti-vaccine activist launched an independent bid for the White House, reflecting growing concerns on the right that the former Democrat now threatens to take votes from former President Donald Trump in 2024.

edit on 8-11-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I thought he was.

Yea, and he’s polling at 20%~ depending on the source (in battleground states).

That’s an anomaly for an independent. Closing in the last couple of months with two unpopular candidates, he actually stands a chance to win. Even if he doesn’t, anything above 5% can play spoiler against the two parties.

Things are getting interesting.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yea, and he’s polling at 20%~ depending on the source (in battleground states). That’s an anomaly for an independent. Closing in the last couple of months with two unpopular candidates, he actually stands a chance to win. Even if he doesn’t, anything above 5% can play spoiler against the two parties. Things are getting interesting.

I haven’t started following this upcoming election as much as I have in the past.
That is crazy if the polling is accurate.

He’s young, middle ground, but he too has said some things about abortion that the left isn’t too happy with.
I think he will really strike a cord with middle ground voters.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

"I have a feeling a lot of young voters will be out in droves, a lot of women voters will be out… Where does that lead to?"

It leads to a more robust and strong democratic republic; Unlike the dementia and Alzheimer diseased group of loser cult boomers now in control.

edit on 8-11-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

He’s also said a lot about vaccines that has pissed the left off, though him being labeled anti vax is a bit disingenuous as he is more of an advocate against certain ingredients in them more than anything.

He’s at the very least relevant, and will likely be a key player in the outcome of 2024.

It will probably boil down to does he take more votes from the left or the right.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Liz Chaney

Cheney was once seen as a possible candidate for Speaker but was removed from her position as GOP conference chair in May 2021 in response to her unwillingness to join most of her Republican colleagues in saying that the 2020 election was stolen.

I would vote for Liz Cheney

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

does this mean trump is a RINO?

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: QRST4D
a reply to: DBCowboy

does this mean trump is a RINO?

lol

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Most likely case scenario for an Independent to win, these 2 prerequisites must be met:

1. Biden croaks after securing the DNC nomination.

2. Trump is unable from running for office due to his legal troubles.

Odds are looking very good.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wish a Libertarian would win.
But I think Biden will 'win'.
And then quickly have to quit.
Leaving us with Harris as POTUS.
God help us all.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Between voting machines flipping votes and more states accepting a current drivers license as ID to vote (which illegals can get) I'm not sure-in fact, I doubt-the next election will actually represent the will of the people....that's if there even is an election next year.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

His name was trump.

He did run as an independent before, but not in 2016, and you know this. One of the main reasons he won in 2016 is because he switched Republican.

He has voted Democrat before, but I don't think he ever ran as a Democrat.

In 1988, he considered running for president. He started an exploratory committee.Who knows what he was back then.

In 2000, he ran as an independent. He is listed as Reform Party. Jesse Ventura talked him into running, and he dropped out of the race on NBC on The Today Show in Feb 2000.

Then he got busy with his reality shows and sat out until 2012, when he wanted to run again and was really serious about it. He ended up not running and he endorsed Mitt Romney.

So, technically he was an independent and ran for presidency as an independent, UNTIL 2016. He saw an opportunity, and he took it, changed to Republican, and the rest is history.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Probably not..
I'm old enough to remember ross Perot...
He was very appealing to the right.
All that happened was he took enough votes away from Bush that Clinton won.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I wish a Libertarian would win.
But I think Biden will 'win'.
And then quickly have to quit.
Leaving us with Harris as POTUS.
God help us all.

Im really not feeling that, but we’ll see.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Independents ? Split the Vote ? Hmm....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join