It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish leading academic says Israel has lost 'world sympathy' through war actions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

edit on -18000pmp1020230458 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: quintessentone

I doubt Turkey have the stomach to attack Israel but if they do they are free to do so without backing from NATO , it would be their war although it would create a problem within NATO given the support the US and others give to Israel , it would be a chilling prospect.

It's looking like Netanyahu will not survive this conflict , disquiet at home and abroad indicates his time in charge is limited , his refusal to accept any responsibility for the attack by Hamas while others in government have and his somewhat unhinged references to the Bible and WW2 are not going down well , he posted a tweet that has since been removed blaming others within the military for the failures that led t the attack.

It's true that Netanyahou is probably finished from politics. For peace to be achieved Hamas and the current Israeli Politicians much back off before the conflict is generalised.

I am not quite sure about Turkey. They already hold part of Cyprus, they are involved in Libya and in the war between the Azeris and the Armenians. They seem to be helping the regime in Palestine and you can never be sure of their intentions and next move.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

Agreed but it's one thing to be indirectly involved as with Iran and Russia but another to become directly involved , Erdogan has made some strong statements recently branding Netanyahu as a "terrorist" and stating at a recent rally “We may suddenly knock on your door one night” , which is clearly a threat but personally I think it's strong man rhetoric mostly for internal consumption , I seriously doubt he would want to get into a shooting war with Israel which would include a confrontation with the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It won't be just Turkey if things go next level, a lot of Israel's neighbors will be in on it. Russia will hold the line on its strategic interests in the region. As things burn away and get to Iran is when I see China stepping in a cleaning up what is left. King Charles is in Kenya at the moment trying to rally support for the African side of the conflict, comes with a price tag.

The biggest risk of someone letting some nukes off would be Israel if they do get over run. As for how much of a chain reaction it sets off?

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Agreed but it's one thing to be indirectly involved as with Iran and Russia but another to become directly involved , Erdogan has made some strong statements recently branding Netanyahu as a "terrorist" and stating at a recent rally “We may suddenly knock on your door one night” , which is clearly a threat but personally I think it's strong man rhetoric mostly for internal consumption , I seriously doubt he would want to get into a shooting war with Israel which would include a confrontation with the US.

Funny. Israel is more of a credit to humanity than Hamas. And when Israel takes a stance so it doesn’t sacrifice its women and children to terrier rocket attacks in the thousands (with Hamas rocket misfires in the hundreds killing civilians in Gaza) and terrorist attacks people scream human rights. While all evidence points to Hamas lies about the Al-Ahli Hospital deaths, and the Gaza convey deaths. While you skip over Israel tries to give warnings concerning their military strikes, while Hamas tells their citizens to “ignore” those warnings, does nothing to evacuate and shelter its citizens. VS Israel tries to evacuate and shelter its citizens from terrorist rockets.

The difference between Hamas and Israel is very clear when you look at actual facts.

I

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
a reply to: gortex

It won't be just Turkey if things go next level, a lot of Israel's neighbors will be in on it. Russia will hold the line on its strategic interests in the region. As things burn away and get to Iran is when I see China stepping in a cleaning up what is left. King Charles is in Kenya at the moment trying to rally support for the African side of the conflict, comes with a price tag.

The biggest risk of someone letting some nukes off would be Israel if they do get over run. As for how much of a chain reaction it sets off?

like Russia threatening to use nukes because it’s bogged down in the Ukraine?

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yes, I have seen what President Erdogan said but I think it's more for internal political consumption at this point although he probably believes what he says. I don't think these two countries would want to start at war or engage in endless conflicts in the area.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I don't think I would consider Russia as only "indirectly" involved. Just look at the level of influence that they were able to exert over the 2016 US election. Creating and building upon antagonism is very much a central part of their stated intent to destabilise the West. They're exceptionally good at pushing certain buttons. You don't see those buttons being pushed here?

edit on 6-11-2023 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Spam removed
edit on Nov 6th 2023 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

like Russia threatening to use nukes because it’s bogged down in the Ukraine?

I don't see Russia using nukes over Ukraine, unless someone else used them first. If Israel does go down in a blaze of infamy and lets out all it's nukes at the end, I can Russia responding the same to that one, along with China, USA and whoever else has some. Just call humanity a failed experiment and back to the drawing board.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In Your Opinion, is the below phenomenon occurring due to BIDEN Administration Incompetence, or (God forbid), as Desired/Planned?

Every time Joe Biden's Secretary of State has met with the leader of a Mideast nation over the past week, that leader has become Pro-Hamas and Anti-Israel, or more so, than they were before.

--The King of JORDAN pulled his country's Ambassador out of Israel, after meeting with Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

--The President of TURKEY did the same thing, after meeting with Blinken last week.

--This weekend, the Prime Minister of IRAQ met with Antony Blinken. Today, Mohammed Shia al-Sudani was in IRAN praising Iran-supported HAMAS terrorists who slaughtered over 1,400 Israeli citizens inside their own country last month. (These Palestinian Hamas terrorists also murdered over 30 Americans!)
🥵

Source for Bullet #3: dailycaller.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join