It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressing up as a suicide bomber gets a man reported to cops for comitting a "Hate Crime"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Williampuller
a reply to: SprocketUK

Remember the young Brazilian lad the cops shot years ago just because he looked like someone .

m.youtube.com...

Do not trim any weeds unless you want to get treated like the above YouTube video of a 67 year old lady .

Human error does exist.

It exists way to often these days in the police department it seems on both sides of the pond , the video I posted above is proof of how stupid things are getting in the UK .

During the covid lock downs the cops were using drones to catch people walking on the Yorkshire moors miles from anyone else , good luck getting a policeman if you are burgled or any sheds/garages etc are broken into they simple do not want to know ! & give you a incident number to make a insurance claim on .

Lately the newspapers have been carrying stories of the courts saying they cannot send anymore to the jails as they are full and that includes rapists ? .

Any young kid reading that just sees a green light to do what they want - & they are

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Do you have a different link for this?

The link in your OP only goes to a story about a British man who was told he could not go barefoot into a restaurant. He claims there are no health and safety laws in GB that he was quoted when asked to put shoes on.

I don't know, are there such laws in GB? I would say probably yes.

Is there a link to the story about someone dressing as a terrorist and being reported for a hate crime?

How bizarre, when I click the link it goes to the daft bloke dressed up like the bomber.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yeah, very weird. I clicked again and I got the right link this time. Both were MSN.

Well, on topic now.

This is BS, for real. What he wore is tasteless, but it's no crime. People are too sensitive for reporting Halloween costumes.

Here, let me find a Halloween costume that is more offensive and I bet no one reported it to the cops:

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Remember the young Brazilian lad the cops shot years ago just because he looked like someone .

m.youtube.com...

Do not trim any weeds unless you want to get treated like the above YouTube video of a 67 year old lady .

Human error does exist.

It exists way to often these days in the police department it seems on both sides of the pond , the video I posted above is proof of how stupid things are getting in the UK .

Honestly, I think it has more to do with the information age and changes in what's accepted.

I think it's probably less -- not more.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Yep bad taste and potentially dumb outfit but I think the person who called the cops might be the one who should be locked up.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I mostly agree with you here.

I think it's obviously not a hate crime, but if we chastise people for calling the cops when they see a suicide bomber in public, that does run a risk that probably isn't worth it. I also think it's worth asking: How realistic WAS IT?
Was it a cartoony bomb? Probably not, I hope.

It's also should be okay to do at a private party, provided you know the people.

Also, people should know, if you look arab and dress like a suicide bomber, people might freak out if they don't know you.

This is probably mostly contextual, if I'm being honest.
I might do that at a buddy's house, but not a strange bar the next town over.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How exactly is calling a spade a spade, over dramatizing it?

Making terroristic threats is, I'm pretty sure, a felony in the US. But, as I said, being that this was in the UK, I have no idea what actual consequences this guy will have.

People still have yet to learn that when you paly stupid games, you will win stupid prizes. And sometimes, playing those stupid games might just get you shot.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think in this case it's a crime of stupidity and not hate.
I also think if this was at a private party in someones home then I would agree with you but if this was out in public then there could have been unseen consequences the idiot hadn't taken into account.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I think in this case it's a crime of stupidity and not hate.
I also think if this was at a private party in someones home then I would agree with you but if this was out in public then there could have been unseen consequences the idiot hadn't taken into account.

Even so, being iout in public could lead to him getting shot by the cops oar tazed and arrested.

I detest the whole idea opf a hate crime, this clearly isnt one though.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Who could be offended by this?
I could believe someone possibly may have mistook it for real from afar, but it is clearly for a laugh...
We now have deceased suicide bombers as a privileged group?!

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, sadly there have been enough crimes against specific people for them to create the laws to additional prosecute the offenders.
Hate crimes do also seem very hard to prove. a reply to: SprocketUK

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It is strange what the U.S. has become
edit on 1-11-2023 by GotterDameron23 because: EDIT: It fixed itself.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I vote the "Green Party" just shut the hell up already and be deemed terrorism.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WarAndMoreFleece

maybe the people who lost loved ones in that ariana grande concert
or to a terror attack in general?

<< 1   >>

join