It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

Well said!

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

If you are on a PC you don't HAVE TO download the app. There is a link floating around the threads here that takes you directly to The Phamtom Zone. It asks you to choose a username and email (make a burner if you want to) and only then does it ask you to download the app for PC. I chose no, as I didn't want to, so it just went to the normal browser chat room. Everyone was in the main lobby, and I clicked on djarums name and a message box popped up. He replied immediately. Got the link through a burner email I gave him and my username here, and was back in.

I know the steps to do it seem fiddly, but it really was simple. I probably won't use Discord again, unless in emergency again, but I just wanted to point out you don't have to install the app if you are on PC, and all the people there are just ATS people. You will recognise all the names.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   

It can be distressing not knowing what's really going on behind the public veil, I get that. But it's also a very common social dynamic.
It's like the backstage on a concert.
if you'd see it, you might enjoy the show less or more... When I attend a concert as a guest I have no right to enter backstage, I might get a peak, but I will never know what the dealings between the promoter and artist are, I'd have to be one of either to do so.

Now this is a concert where the crowd is a bunch of very critical minds for which secrecy doesn't sit well. I would definitely handle the mod place more publicly... I would like to see the mods forum as read only. But that's probably not going to happen and they have every right to run the place as they deem best...

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It's a bit frustrating, but until things get smoothed out.

Just think of it as this being Ina super secret club. Luckily I had discord already so there weren't that many hoops to jump through.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I didn't care to let the mods get into my account if they had to do so , I've nothing to hide and all that I posted was public domain anyway.

I'm happy to have control over my own profile and not some other guy , its not that I did anything important here or stored some secret stuff inside my account nobody should know about " wait did I put my safe code in there ?"

It's more like I don't want to pretend I'm somebody else anyway they've managed to take it back because that's how this community loves this outlet of truth and mysteries

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm with you SwampBuck. I don't want to deal with discord. I still have my name here. I've been on the site for over 10 years too. All I lose is my stars and flags and my R.A.T.S. access. Anyone who has been here knows I'm not a newbie and frankly I don't care what others think anyhow. Was AmericanBuffalo1. Still the same skeptical, resourceful me in the end.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Rather frustrated too. No word from Djarms or _GHOST_... DISCORD says not accepting pms.

Guess I'm screwed...and not even a kiss.....

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

It seems like you're not understanding the gravity of what all has happened and what this has become.
The people who are to blame are not around to read this anymore.

The site has no contact with the higher ups, and is basically a group of unpaid, kind mods dedicated to the site,
doing what they do out of dedication, loyalty and kindness, and some loyal posters.

That means this site is basically a clubhouse at this point.

Everyone's doing the best they can, and I actually think it's rather beautiful that people have come together to keep it functional and alive the way they have.

As someone said before, the site's hosting contract will be up this coming summer, (May I think), so we'll find out then if the owners have any chance of returning.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Then what happens? There are alternative forum boards. I'm on one that is so obscure that even the oldest conspiracy nut on the internet probably never heard of it, but they put up breaking news before members on ATS catch it.

Also, I've been using news feeds from the sources you find here. I get the information the moment it is made public and nobody is posting crap about it in a thread format.

edit on 10/28/2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Mysterioustranger2

Djarum will be back sunday... Patience is a virtue...check discord sunday and you will be helped... Djarum is getting a few days of r&r before taxkling it .. remember he is doing this manually.. every person with their old account has been personally helped

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: TheValeyard

Then what happens? There are alternative forum boards. I'm on one that is so obscure that even the oldest conspiracy nut on the internet probably never heard of it, but they put up breaking news before members on ATS catch it.

Also, I've been using news feeds from the sources you find here. I get the information the moment it is made public and nobody is posting crap about it in a thread format.

What other platforms do you visit? You can PM me, or post here since we'll all be looking for a new home soon, anyway.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

That gave me a laugh ,it is years since I heard anyone use the word scullery

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Williampuller
I overheard my neighbours using it (a Scottish family), so I suppose it's one of those words that found refuge in the regions.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI2
I overheard my neighbours using it (a Scottish family), so I suppose it's one of those words that found refuge in the regions.

Yip it is a very old word the scullery I used to hear it all the time from my grandmother and her generation

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Thnx so much!👍

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Actually, though, I've just remembered where I saw it most recently. I've been re-reading the pre-war William Brown stories, and that household had a scullery. A separate area where the servants work.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Better watch out with the complaining Michigan Swamp Buck....deer hunting starts in a couple of weeks.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse23

Already got one, Michigan bow hunting. 2 weeks ago 😁☝️

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The big bucks always hide in the deepest, thickest, swampiest places in the woods. And they get that big by not being seen.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mysterioustranger2
a reply to: rickymouse23

Already got one, Michigan bow hunting. 2 weeks ago 😁☝️

My granddaughters ex husband got one about a month ago with his Honda CRV. Twenty four hundred dollars worth of damage, it is mostly fixed already, still needs a new windshield. He had comp which covers deer kill. Now he has to bring it in to get inspected so they will put the comp back on, he took the money and we fixed it in my garage at home...they deducted like seven hundred bucks from the garage estimate which was over three grand. New radiator, air conditioning condenser, bumper frame, headlights, grill, and two new fans plus lots of clips and fluids. Everything just bolted on, lots of bent tin around the radiator but that got all straightened out easily but was time consuming to get it right.

The tiny button buck was pretty messed up, no meat would have been worth eating. Hit it at forty five mph and went right into the grill and radiator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join