It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli President implies there are no innocent civilians in Gaza at a press conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: Gothmog

Israeli President implies there are no innocent civilians in Gaza

I can see that.
The folks keep "electing" Iranian backed terrorist leaders.

Coming soon.
The world condemning the US civilians for electing Biden?
Only time will tell.

I would say the Israeli pM made an assertion and didn’t imply anything.

That's not true.
The article I have linked explains it in very simple way.

It is an entire nation out there that is responsible

That's what he said.

implied
adjective
Virtually involved or included; involved in substance; inferential; tacitly conceded; -- the correlative of express, or expressed. See imply.
Similar: inferential
Suggested without being stated directly.
verb
Simple past tense and past participle of imply.

assert

transitive verb
To state or express positively; affirm.
"asserted his innocence."
To defend or maintain (one's rights, for example).
To put into action boldly; employ or demonstrate.
"asserted her independence."

You tell me which one he did 🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I can see that.

Coming soon.
Only time will tell.

That's not true.
The article I have linked explains it in very simple way.

That's what he said.

implied
adjective
Virtually involved or included; involved in substance; inferential; tacitly conceded; -- the correlative of express, or expressed. See imply.
Similar: inferential
Suggested without being stated directly.
verb
Simple past tense and past participle of imply.

assert

transitive verb
To state or express positively; affirm.
"asserted his innocence."
To defend or maintain (one's rights, for example).
To put into action boldly; employ or demonstrate.
"asserted her independence."

You tell me which one he did 🤷🏽‍♂️

He said the following

I think you have mixed up what he said and what he implied.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: Muldar

It remains to be seen if Israel's actions speak louder than Israeli President Herzog's words if/when The IDF moves into Gaza to ferret out Hamas combatants.

Perhaps President Herzog should consider his claim that "They could have risen up" might have also been true of the Jews in the Polish ghettos, and across all of Germany, when Hitler and the Nazis came to power. Or when the Russian Czars condoned the Progroms of the last century or two.

Those "civilians", too, could have risen up, could they not?

The past forgotten, in the future, repeated.

Clearly the Israeli President has made a 'mistake' there although he probably believes what he said and that's why the collective punishment is the approach followed by Israel at this moment.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Notice, I put the electing in quotes.
Buh-bye now

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I can see that.

Coming soon.
Only time will tell.

That is a possibility as well.
We can only surmise.
edit on 10/19/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

thewire.in...

Israel’s president Isaac Herzog claimed in a press conference that there are no innocent civilians in Gaza, while thousands of Palestinians struggled to flee northern Gaza after Israel’s military told some 1.1 million of them to evacuate south ahead of an anticipated military operation.

"It is an entire nation out there that is responsible,” Herzog said at a press conference on Friday, October 13, the HuffPost reported on.

“It is not true this rhetoric about civilians not being aware, not involved. It’s absolutely not true. They could have risen up. They could have fought against that evil regime which took over Gaza in a coup d’etat.”

A very unfortunate statement by the Israeli President but on the other hand this shows beyond doubt the approach taken by Israel towards the entire population in Gaza that is seen as people who cannot be trusted and as the enemy where there are no 'innocent' civilians, whatever this means.

The entire Nation is not responsible for what Hamas did a few days ago and not responsible for not being able to overthrow Hamas which took over Gaza back in 2007.

Contrary to what the Israeli President has said there are many sane Israelis who don't regard the entire population of Gaza as responsible for what is happening and have spoken out against the bombing of innocent civilians that resulted in thousands of deaths, including many women and children.

When asked if civilians are legitimate targets then Israeli President said that they are not. But they have been clearly targeted in many occasions in the name of self-defense. The very large number of dead and injured is a testimony to this.

A very important statement by the Israeli President

On one hand he says there are no innocent civilians.

On the other hand he says innocent civilians are not legitmate military targets.

Will he bomb innocent civilians? Yes, because he doesn't believe any of them are innocent civilians. But if they were; he admits they wouldn't be military targets, but they're not; so guess what we're gonna do?

Israel keeps showing their true colors.
edit on 19-10-2023 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If people are squawking now over the Gaza bombing then what will they do when the ground invasion happens?
Put simply it's going to turn into Berlin 1945 with hundreds of thousands dead.

So guys. Welcome to the 2023 Quarter Quell. The 75th and 76th anniversary of the Hunger Games.
edit on 19-10-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Has Hamas released any civilian hostages? right or wrong thats the next step, till that question is answered there will be all kinds of rhetoric. A release of the civilian hostages may forestall a broader invasion of Gaza

again not right or wrong just reality...

edit on 19-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

thewire.in...

Israel’s president Isaac Herzog claimed in a press conference that there are no innocent civilians in Gaza, while thousands of Palestinians struggled to flee northern Gaza after Israel’s military told some 1.1 million of them to evacuate south ahead of an anticipated military operation.

"It is an entire nation out there that is responsible,” Herzog said at a press conference on Friday, October 13, the HuffPost reported on.

“It is not true this rhetoric about civilians not being aware, not involved. It’s absolutely not true. They could have risen up. They could have fought against that evil regime which took over Gaza in a coup d’etat.”

A very unfortunate statement by the Israeli President but on the other hand this shows beyond doubt the approach taken by Israel towards the entire population in Gaza that is seen as people who cannot be trusted and as the enemy where there are no 'innocent' civilians, whatever this means.

The entire Nation is not responsible for what Hamas did a few days ago and not responsible for not being able to overthrow Hamas which took over Gaza back in 2007.

Contrary to what the Israeli President has said there are many sane Israelis who don't regard the entire population of Gaza as responsible for what is happening and have spoken out against the bombing of innocent civilians that resulted in thousands of deaths, including many women and children.

When asked if civilians are legitimate targets then Israeli President said that they are not. But they have been clearly targeted in many occasions in the name of self-defense. The very large number of dead and injured is a testimony to this.

A very important statement by the Israeli President

On one hand he says there are no innocent civilians.

On the other hand he says innocent civilians are not legitmate military targets.

Will he bomb innocent civilians? Yes, because he doesn't believe any of them are innocent civilians. But if they were; he admits they wouldn't be military targets, but they're not; so guess what we're gonna do?

Israel keeps showing their true colors.

It's very concerning that they believe in collecting punishment. It's obvious innocent civilians are targeted because they want to take revenge for what happened but innocent civilians have been always targeted in the area in all sides.

Israel tries to argue isn't committing crimes or war crimes or call it whatever you want, but the reality of war is very different.

They haven't realised that they are creating a situation in which the support for Hamas or whatever comes after it, is going to increase exponentially.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Has Hamas released any civilian hostages? right or wrong thats the next step, till that question is answered there will be all kinds of rhetoric.

I agree completely.
Release of hostages and ceasefire.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Has Hamas released any civilian hostages? right or wrong thats the next step, till that question is answered there will be all kinds of rhetoric.

I agree completely.

I agree and Im just suggesting the civilian hostages, I know Hamas is holding out hope for the release of some of thier prisoners. Thats a negotiation for down the road.

That seems unlikely without knowledge of the condition of the current hostages and something to turn down the heat, hell release a portion of the civilian hostages and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I agree completely.

I agree and Im just suggesting the civilian hostages, I know Hamas is holding out hope for the release of some of thier prisoners. Thats a negotiation for down the road.

That seems unlikely without knowledge of the condition of the current hostages and something to turn down the heat, hell release a portion of the civilian hostages and see what happens.

Yes they do. They want to exchange them with their prisoners. But priority should be a ceasefire and then the hostages released.

They could have released a few hostages and then agree to release the rest in a agreed period.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There will be nobody left to punish if Palestinian terrorists keep blowing themselves up.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

How would a ceasefire help to avoid Hamas carrying on with it's stated intent to wipe out Israel and kill Jews?

Hamas needs to be eradicated once and for all.

Otherwise you are just storing up future conflict.

How about holding these terrorists to account.?

Should that not happen?

Can you even trust them?

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

you have identified the different POV from a 'eretz israeli' and a neo-con/zionist israeli

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: community for dbl post
edit on th31169773258019232023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I agree completely.

Yes they do. They want to exchange them with their prisoners. But priority should be a ceasefire and then the hostages released.

They could have released a few hostages and then agree to release the rest in a agreed period.

I agree proportionality is getting all out of whack, however, Israel isn't going to ceasefire without anything from the Palestinians.

The Hamas attack made for more hardliners in Israel and beyond. As long as Israel is getting attacked from the north and west, there will be no ceasefire. Forces outside Israel will need to stand down, and unfortunately, not all militant groups are under strict Arab state control. All it takes is one group to attack Israel and they will lash out at whoever they can reach out and touch.

I find it ominous that Biden just stayed 7 hours in Israel, honestly. Either Israel couldn't guarantee his safety or the Secret Service couldn't, that reality in itself is concerning.

As long as Israel even halfway thinks or believes there is coordination with Hezbollah or other groups outside of Gaza they will not relinquish thier current advantage.

www.jpost.com...

Thursday’s escalation along the border between Israel and Lebanon has revived Hamas’s hope of fulfilling its vision of the “Unity of the Battlefields,” which aims to trigger a multi-front confrontation with Israel.

Both Hamas and Hezbollah claimed responsibility for the firing of dozens of rockets at Israeli army bases and communities. Hamas is desperate to drag Hezbollah into the war.

Hezbollah, for its part, is seeking to send a message to Hamas that the Lebanon-based group has not abandoned its Palestinian allies and is ready to join the war.

According to the Hezbollah-affiliated Al-Akhbar newspaper, an operation room involving all members of the “axis of resistance,” including Hamas and Hezbollah, has been set up to coordinate the military activities in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon.

edit on 19-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
English author and journalist of Jewish descent Matt Kennard makes the case that Israel is a Terrorist State , the video was posted yesterday and is on the money in my opinion , Israel has been Terrorist State for decades.

How sickening it is to watch our Illegitimate PM brown nosing Israel's Illegitimate PM today.

Defence minister Yoav Gallant has told Israeli troops at the Gaza border they will soon see Gaza "from the inside" , the world is about to go to Hell , enjoy the ride people.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
English author and journalist of Jewish descent Matt Kennard makes the case that Israel is a Terrorist State , the video was posted yesterday and is on the money in my opinion , Israel has been Terrorist State for decades.

How sickening it is to watch our Illegitimate PM brown nosing Israel's Illegitimate PM today.

Defence minister Yoav Gallant has told Israeli troops at the Gaza border they will soon see Gaza "from the inside" , the world is about to go to Hell , enjoy the ride people.

It's precisely what Gideon Levy said who is a very famous Jewish Journalist. I think he lives in Israel. He spoke about a huge concentration camp, an Apartheid regime, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and Netanyahou being a fascist and a Neo-Nazi.
edit on 19-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

How would a ceasefire help to avoid Hamas carrying on with it's stated intent to wipe out Israel and kill Jews?

Hamas needs to be eradicated once and for all.

Otherwise you are just storing up future conflict.

How about holding these terrorists to account.?

Should that not happen?

Can you even trust them?

First of all Hamas has a limited power regardless of intentions. Best option a ceasefire and holding those who committed crimes to account. In both sides of course.

There is no way Israel will eliminate the Hamas ideology even if it kills all its members. They know it and just want to take revenge at this point. Teenagers and other young adults will become the next Hamas or whatever they are called in the near future.

They haven't realised they are creating a situation in which support for Hamas or whatever comes after it, will increase exponentially.

They are putting also the lives of Jewish innocent civilians under great danger. If Hamas has managed to kill 1,400 civilians imagine what other nations can do that have a proper army, drones, explosive devices, and air force. And they will attack Israel if it goes in Gaza (that's my view)

edit on 19-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join