It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Palestinians dead in Gaza hospital bombing, local authorities say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

An Israeli air strike killed hundreds of people at a Gaza City hospital on Tuesday, health authorities in the Hamas-run enclave said, and the United Nation said an Israeli strike also hit one of its schools being used as a shelter.

A Gaza civil defence chief said on Al-Jazeera television that more than 300 people were killed at Al-Ahli al-Arabi Hospital. A Gaza Health Ministry official said at least 500 people were killed and injured. Both departments are under the Hamas-run government.

There is wide coverage in the media of the air strike at Al-Ahli al-Arabi Hospital in Gaza with reposts saying there are hundreds of dead Palestinians. The UN said one of its schools was hit on one of the strikes, the school was used as a shelter.

The story needs to be confirmed.
If this story is true then this is a war crime.

abcnews.go.com...

www.euronews.com...

www.pbs.org...

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 17-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Was it for the 40,000 babies?

or Was it a Hamas rocket?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Was it for the 40,000 babies?

or Was it a Hamas rocket?

Yes...

Now don't forget to pay your taxes...

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's like one of those choose your own adventure books;

which story arc confirms your bias, you get to pick for your own adventure.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

but but but I wanted to explore the stars instead....

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: JinMI

but but but I wanted to explore the stars instead....

We got to destroy our own rock first.

"PrOgReSs!"

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

We have no way of knowing if this really happened. For all we know the footage available is from a different incident.

All I know for certain is that the reports will continue, leaning heavily toward the innocent women and young children being purposely targeted to illicit maximum emotional response.

To dehumanize the other side to make thoughts of slaughtering them all easier for your conscience to swallow.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

x.com...

Not saying Israel did or did not target the hospital, if they did I can only see it being because they have intel it's being used as shields, nothing else good can come from this for Israel.

Plenty of instances of misfires on rockets being shot from Gaza.

just saying

edit on 17-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Some videos

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Since a lot of uninformed people (along with some deliberate purveyors of propaganda) like to throw around terms like "war crimes" without knowing what they mean:

A war crime has an internationally recognized definition

Regarding hospitals:

Intentionally directing attacks against buildings dedicated to religion, education, art, science or charitable purposes, historic monuments, hospitals and places where the sick and wounded are collected, provided they are not military objectives

Note the term "intentionally" and the ending caveat "provided they are not military objectives".

This means that if Hamas or Israel hit a hospital on accident, it is not a war crime. It would also not be a war crime if the hospital was being used to launch military operations, like rockets (something Hamas is known to have done) and it was struck to take out that military target.

I will stress again, though, that even if it was used to launch rockets, I would not have bombed it and I hope that's not what Israel did. I'm just saying if that's what happened it's not a war crime.

If it was hit on accident by either side, it is not a war crime then either.

It is ONLY a war crime IF it was targeted ON PURPOSE and there were NO LEGITIMATE MILITARY TARGETS in it.

Anyone saying otherwise is either uninformed or lying.

ETA: Feel free to copy this and just throw it in their face every time they falsely use the term "war crime." Propaganda needs to be met with swift, sourced debunking.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Since a lot of uninformed people (along with some deliberate purveyors of propaganda) like to throw around terms like "war crimes" without knowing what they mean:

A war crime has an internationally recognized definition

Regarding hospitals:

Intentionally directing attacks against buildings dedicated to religion, education, art, science or charitable purposes, historic monuments, hospitals and places where the sick and wounded are collected, provided they are not military objectives

Note the term "intentionally" and the ending caveat "provided they are not military objectives".

This means that if Hamas or Israel hit a hospital on accident, it is not a war crime. It would also not be a war crime if the hospital was being used to launch military operations, like rockets (something Hamas is known to have done) and it was struck to take out that military target.

I will stress again, though, that even if it was used to launch rockets, I would not have bombed it and I hope that's not what Israel did. I'm just saying if that's what happened it's not a war crime.

If it was hit on accident by either side, it is not a war crime then either.

It is ONLY a war crime IF it was targeted ON PURPOSE and there were NO LEGITIMATE MILITARY TARGETS in it.

Anyone saying otherwise is either uninformed or lying.

ETA: Feel free to copy this and just throw it in their face every time they falsely use the term "war crime." Propaganda needs to be met with swift, sourced debunking.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"A Gaza civil defence chief said on Al-Jazeera television that more than 300 people were killed at Al-Ahli al-Arabi Hospital..."

Sorry if this is in poor taste, but that hospital has the most Arabic sounding name for anything that I've ever heard.
JS

It literally has "Arab" and "Ali" (as in Ali Baba) right in the name, and TWO "als" instead of one.
It's like a Texas hospital being named "Yeehaw Roundem-Up Y'all-Jesus and Greg Abbott Health Partnership".
edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Hearing the confusion about this makes me want to laugh if it wasn't such a horrific event. All the dickfaces who continue to spread lies on both sides finally get to see what happens when the truth is really important, but you have been lying your tiny little pecker off for weeks.

Who did it? Easy, they did. Them. Lie some more.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is interesting how the media terrorist sympathizers cover the dead of terrorist in a hospital but already have erased how all these attacks started and how many Americans, children and women die from the terrorist.

I have not sympathies for palestine at all, none whatsoever.

The terrorist Hamas knows how used the piece of crap media of the US for their benefit.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
FWIW Gaza Report has been pretty much on the Palestinian side so far and even they are leaning towards a Hamas misfire. Thrown in with Hamas saying if the IDF stops bombing Gaza they will release the "civilian" hostages.

Israel has ABSOLUTELY nothing to gain from targeting a hospital unless it was actively being used to launch missiles at Israel.

edit on 17-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Can you guys feel it? The air is so thick of taboo you could cut trough it with a knife? I used to have discussions about this topic with people, but i wont anymore, its impossible.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hamas launched a bunch of rockets at Israel.
One rocket misfired and hit the hospital where reports say munitions were stored.
Common occurrence for a misfired rocket.
Common occurrence for HAMAS to use a civilian hospital to store terrorist supplies.
Which means ... NO ISRAELI WAR CRIME.
But of course all of the Islamic world won't want to hear that.
They'll all go nuts over this.

From IDF spokesperson

Breaking: IDF Spokesperson

From the analysis of the operational systems of the IDF, an enemy rocket barrage was carried out towards Israel, which passed through the vicinity of the hospital when it was hit.

According to intelligence information, from several sources we have, the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization is responsible for the failed shooting that hit the hospital.

edit on 10/17/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Can you guys feel it? The air is so thick of taboo you could cut trough it with a knife? I used to have discussions about this topic with people, but i wont anymore, its impossible.

Yes, the world is taking sides. Before it was smaller issues like bathrooms for people who self identify as a Jack Russell Terrier.
This one is different. On this one, they are setting it up so anyone who remains neutral is also the enemy.
The war is spreading all through the world, into everyday conversations.
edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: a better punchline

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

spread lies on both sides

You are coming along slowly, that's good to see.

You are still seething with misplaced anger though, as evidenced by the ad hominem attacks.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

STOP what exactly? His post was a good one.
It explains exactly what a war crime is in regards to hospitals in war zones.
You don't like that? How odd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join