It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First House Speaker Vote complete. No winner.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: EternalShadow

Yes, and Jim Jordan is for more Ukraine funding and yet, fiscally prudent Matt Gaetz, who's position on the matter was in direct opposition to more funding, endorsed Jim Jordan to pickup where Kevin left off. After all that drama...(w.t.f.)

JIM JORDAN: I'm obviously for helping Ukraine, we’ve done that. I’m not for this spending an additional $14 billion or whatever he’s [Biden] proposing now. I opposed the last $40 or $50 billion that the Biden Administration wanted, but yes, we should always be talking to see if there’s a way we can work this out. But remember, I think we can never forget Russia is the aggression here and has been, and we’ve been supporting Ukraine as we should.

September of 2022....

I mean if you're going to have an opinion, don't you want the facts first?

Oh so that little snippet should convince me that we won't be dupped again?? Come-on...I know you pay attention, are we tracking towards honesty all the sudden?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well, if you have something to the contrary..

By all means, show your work...

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Klassified

Isn't it time the Republicans get their head out of their nether regions and elect a house speaker? He doesn't have to be perfect, just a real republican instead of the a rino, like the ones holding up this vote. As you can see, Jeffries got more votes the first round. Seriously? SMFH!

why not just blow it all up. have about 10 R's vote for Jeffries, and let the idiots know what the consequences are for being a dickface.

That's just more #storm. I'd rather they both compromise and find someone who is moderate but tough, and can lead both sides. The way a leader should.

There are 221 Republicans in the House, and I can name about 30-40 of them, maybe. And none of those can apparently win the seat.

Now they need to focus on someone out of the other 180, someone less known, more centrist and capable of leading both sides. Not someone famous and after social media clicks; we need a work-horse, not a show-horse.

"Three-quarters of Americans say members of Congress should be willing to compromise and prioritize bipartisan legislation over standing with their party, including 84% of Democrats and 71% of Republicans."

www.newsnationnow.com...

Unlike a lot of idiots here on ATS, most Americans want the government to work in a bipartisan way.

But since they have not done that in DECADES, you're resorting to your own IDEALISM by wanting what isn't going to happen and then calling others "idiots"? Was that a Fetterman impersonation? It's not too bad.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well, if you have something to the contrary..

By all means, show your work...

Oh, I don't have anything to the contrary, that'll be taken care of by Jordan, I'll put money on it. When he pulls the exact opposite, everyone's jaw will drop but mine. But I won't be a poop shoot to anyone about it after, theres no need to rub it in because it's not like it isn't going to affect me too.

I'll be equally pissed, just not surprised.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sounds like Jordan's efforts to secure more votes may have blown up spectacularly in his face. Following yesterday's failed vote, Jordan spoke with Scalise in an attempt to get his help in securing the missing votes. Scalise was noncommittal. Jordan then leaked the story to the press in an attempt to pressure Scalise. Instead it just pissed off Scalise's supporters.

He also apparently has people calling the spouses of the holdouts telling them to pressure their spouse to vote for Jordan.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And we're off on today's vote. Jordan had already lost before getting to the Gs yesterday. Let's see if he can make it any farther through the alphabet today.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

bipartisan means dems hang together and one kompromised gop votes with them.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Sounds like he didn't even make it through the Cs today.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join