It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First House Speaker Vote complete. No winner.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Isn't it time the Republicans get their head out of their nether regions and elect a house speaker? He doesn't have to be perfect, just a real republican instead of the a rino, like the ones holding up this vote. As you can see, Jeffries got more votes the first round. Seriously? SMFH!

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Maybe they're just waiting for the right guy to come along......someone like the Republican version of Fetterman.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Isn't it time the Republicans get their head out of their nether regions and elect a house speaker? He doesn't have to be perfect, just a real republican instead of the a rino, like the ones holding up this vote. As you can see, Jeffries got more votes the first round. Seriously? SMFH!

why not just blow it all up. have about 10 R's vote for Jeffries, and let the idiots know what the consequences are for being a dickface.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The same scenario crossed my mind. We certainly have enough rino's to make it happen. F'n idiots!

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Maybe they're just waiting for the right guy to come along......someone like the Republican version of Fetterman.

We seem to have a handful of Fetterman's in this bunch.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Good.

If government can't do anything, how is that a bad thing?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Good.

if they could do nothing but not look like children throwing a tantrum it would be cool.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Good.

My fear is that they WILL do something.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

why not just blow it all up. have about 10 R's vote for Jeffries, and let the idiots know what the consequences are for being a dickface.

That's just more #storm. I'd rather they both compromise and find someone who is moderate but tough, and can lead both sides. The way a leader should.

There are 221 Republicans in the House, and I can name about 30-40 of them, maybe. And none of those can apparently win the seat.

Now they need to focus on someone out of the other 180, someone less known, more centrist and capable of leading both sides. Not someone famous and after social media clicks; we need a work-horse, not a show-horse.

edit on 17-10-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The disturbing part?

Their votes hinge on sending money to other countries.....

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Washing DC's biggest fear is that we find out we can live without them.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

For what it's worth, they are on recess until the next vote, which will give them time to talk with the holdouts and hopefully beat some sense into their head. I'd like to see less than a 15 round match this time.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Jefferies only needs 6 of those 22

Jordon needs 18 of those 22

How long until the bully tactics being used now by the Jordan group piss off 6 enough to stage a revolt themselves and decide to toss the vote to Jefferies. It would only take six. 6.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

That's just more #storm. I'd rather they both compromise and find someone who is moderate but tough, and can lead both sides. The way a leader should.

There are 221 Republicans in the House, and I can name about 30-40 of them, maybe. And none of those can apparently win the seat.

Now they need to focus on someone out of the other 180, someone less known, more centrist and capable of leading both sides. Not someone famous and after social media clicks; we need a work-horse, not a show-horse.

"Three-quarters of Americans say members of Congress should be willing to compromise and prioritize bipartisan legislation over standing with their party, including 84% of Democrats and 71% of Republicans."

www.newsnationnow.com...

Unlike a lot of idiots here on ATS, most Americans want the government to work in a bipartisan way.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Unlike a lot of idiots here on ATS, most Americans want the government to work in a bipartisan way.

The irony.........

Anyway, bipartisan is out the window if both "sides" can't even agree what their side is.....

You should just say what you mean, you want the R's to capitulate to your side because it's good for you politically and bad for your opponents.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

You got like what 10-15 yrs left on this plane of existence max.

Why care?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

Moderate is what got us to today, trillions in debt, 2 wars, border wide open, crime out of control, Shall I go on?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

This morning Jeffries floated the idea to the Dems of elevating McHenry to full Speaker. That would still require the GOP to be willing to compromise with the Dems but it may be the only path forward.

After the first vote, there's at least five people that voted for Jordan that don't plan to keep voting for him.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Dumb congress. They should just give the speaker job to the nearest rat. That rat would have more grace, charm and selflessness than both houses combined.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I say appoint Patrick Star as speaker.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join