It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With a rise in SARS-CoV-2 consider CBD **Peer reviewed Study

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
*** I am NOT your doctor and this is not medical advice, please consult your doctor before self medicating

Here is a great introduction video to a study that has been completed and peer reviewed!
Link to the studies provided below
*** It is important to note the study and information provided specifically indicates that THC is NOT effective as an antiviral.
CBD is the beneficial ingredient which is found in its purest form at Less than 0.3% psychotropic tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is currently legal, FDA approved and marketed in many forms.

As indicated in the video, the CBD not only reduced the viral load in several different mediums (Lung tissue/Live mice/Monkey Kidney cells), but also reduced Cytokine cascade/Cytokine storm.

The effects were specifically tested against the Wuhan strain of SARS-CoV-2 and it has been found that ability to infect cells was comparably inhibited by CBD

Cannabidiol inhibits SARS-CoV-2 replication through induction of the host ER stress and innate immune responses
Peer reveiwed NIH Abstract (with link to full text)

The spread of SARS-CoV-2 and ongoing COVID-19 pandemic underscores the need for new treatments. Here we report that cannabidiol (CBD) inhibits infection of SARS-CoV-2 in cells and mice. CBD and its metabolite 7-OH-CBD,but not THC or other congeneric cannabinoids tested, potently block SARS-CoV-2 replication in lung epithelial cells.

Again, please note that i am NOT your doctor and even the study takes takes precaution by adding :

This study highlights CBD as a potential preventative agent for early-stage SARS-CoV-2 infection and merits future clinical trials. We caution against use of non-medical formulations including edibles, inhalants or topicals as a preventative or treatment therapy at the present time.

With that said, I am very excited to hear this information from the video and am currently (as you read this) diving into the actual studies conducted to learn more as I suggest you all do as well.
I for one would rather take this course of action as a preventative measure against Covid than any vaccine offered. Granted the tests were against the original Wuhan strain and not for any of the variants I feel like this viable option as the several studies conducted included other RNA viruses, all of which pure CBD was used to successfully minimize viral infection

*CBD effectively eradicated viral RNA expression in the host cells
*Prevents changes in the cell produced by the virus to force the cell to produce new viral particles
*CBD induces strong activation of genes associated with the host stress response.
*Together, these results suggest that CBD acts to prevent viral protein translation and associated cellular changes.
*Induction of viral genes for spike, envelope, and nucleocapsid proteins is reduced ~99% with CBD

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

I love it!

I do, however, have a question though.......

This study highlights CBD as a potential preventative agent for early-stage SARS-CoV-2 infection and merits future clinical trials. We caution against use of non-medical formulations including edibles, inhalants or topicals as a preventative or treatment therapy at the present time.

Are they advising against using regular THC edibles, inhalants, or topicals, or are they simply advising against using the 'non-pharmaceutical' treatments..... you know, the ones that aren't synthetic and don't cost an arm and a leg.....

Honest to god curiosity.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I had not really noticed in the mix of it all, but in hindsight I have to confirm this anecdotal evidence.

While Cannabis does not have the high potency CBD as is found in Hemp, as a preventative measure I suppose a frequent user of Cannabis would have higher levels of CBD in their system.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

The study actually indicates that higher dosed of THC counteract the effectiveness of the CBD doses and they recommend using pure CBD (less than .03% thc).

As for proper dose and form I am still reading the studies but have not come across what constitutes a "proper" dose

*****Edit to add, the studies were done with 100mg/ml oral solutions (tinctures)

Google search
edit on 21am301000000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Correct, but not in a fishbowl. Which is where most of us live with similar fishies.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thats interesting. Cannabis should have been studied all these years instead of demonized. Maybe that's why it was?

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Funny you should post this. Not only did I dose 500mg of CBD daily when I had covid...but also after I was better when I started experiencing long covid symptoms. It made a noticeable difference for the long covid symptoms and while I don't know if it helped while I was sick because I have nonvomparison...I barely had a headache and a sore body for 3 days. No fever no respiratory issues at all...2x.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I've been saying exactly that that for years, before it was demonized it was widely used for many ailments.

a reply to: RickyD

Im curious, were you using the dose to alleviate physical symptoms or for different reasons?

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

I had not really noticed in the mix of it all, but in hindsight I have to confirm this anecdotal evidence.

While Cannabis does not have the high potency CBD as is found in Hemp, as a preventative measure I suppose a frequent user of Cannabis would have higher levels of CBD in their system.

Here's what the abstract says:

"CBD and its metabolite 7-OH-CBD, but not THC or other congeneric cannabinoids tested, potently block SARS-CoV-2 replication in lung epithelial cells. CBD acts after viral entry, inhibiting viral gene expression and reversing many effects of SARS-CoV-2 on host gene transcription."

It seems likely that frequent users of Cannabis would have higher levels of CBD in their system, but the question is how much Cannabis you would have to use to get the same dosage that this team used in their research.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Thats interesting. Cannabis should have been studied all these years instead of demonized. Maybe that's why it was?

No, here's why Nixon aide John Ehrlichmann says it was demonized:

“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

— Dan Baum, Legalize It All: How to win the war on drugs, Harper's Magazine (April 2016)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Excellent question, one which I can not answer properly, there are too many variables including ones own metabolism.

I can say that while operating e-cigarette shops we frequently sold CBD vapor products at varying levels, 100mg/ml was on the low end of the spectrum and as such, barely sold. Though this is still not any indication of the CBD quantity or quality in any cannabis product.

You also have to go back much further than anything nixon or bush did to demonize cannabis, Anslinger started it all

Harry J. Anslinger
edit on 21am301100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I know plenty that got it. Including me. Mild cases. Nobody hospitalized.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Why would I take anything a sociopath says as truth?

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

I don't know one pot smoker that died from covid or had more than a bad cold. But I know what they say about anecdotes.

Anecdotally, my ex-future SIL was a daily user of THC-dare I say heavy user?-and when covid hit the only effect on him was loss of smell for three days.

Granddaughter lost taste AND smell, plus horrible cold symptoms.

Daughter was very, very sick for two weeks-and it took several months for her non-smoking lungs to recover.

If it works, you can bet the scientists studying it will get ostracized, criticized and ridiculed. There's no way they're going to allow an effective treatment.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I already take CBD as it is...but very early on I read a study out of Israel that showed CBD did a better job at treating and preventing the cytokain storms some were having than the meds they typically used. Really its was a combination of specific terpenes and CBD but alas I did what I could with what I had. I really felt like it helped.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
CBD is the modern day snake oil....And you all are the rubes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join