It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uberman - Psychopathic Advantage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I have had a psychotic break. A few.

Really dark dead of midnight breaks too. Like a haunted woods with the twin Peaks black lodge. I would classify it as delusion too. Mainly a battle of the archetypes within.

Most people would have gone an exorcism route. But it was just ominous not one way or the other.

I learned what it was, and came to know her as the projection of my unconscious self. She has a voice and upholds standards even when conscious me does not. Neither good nor evil, but a figment of imagination with a degree of sentience and character.

She only gets mean when ignored or I get dishonest. It's as evil or good as I am, I guess

Mind's a crazy place.
edit on 12-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I saw the reception you got on the Cooper thread.
I added my say in.

So I've actually had a few mini-breaks before the big one.

The mind: Room enough for two.
"Would you like a single bed or two twin size?"

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Meh. I kinda started it. I branded myself poorly for this environment, that's gonna get some friction. Especially when you call respected folk paranoid fruitcakes.

But that aforementioned internal fixture of nobility lost her mind recently and was like, "Okay, you are freaking killing me here. If you don't stop this bridge building crap and say what you really want to, so help me, I will take you over and do it myself."

So really no choice anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Maybe some bridges aren't worth building.

Glad you didn't get exorcised. "Oh damn! There goes my conscience!"

Back in High School, I knew a girl who was deprogramed by Ted Patrick himself. The utterly vacant eyes.

I never met the guy but a lady in my Church was a school board member and knew that I had gotten out of the cult running rampant without any deprograming required. She took me to the school board meeting to give a talk.

The official response was "We don't invite students to these unofficial meetings, get him out of here. Ted Patrick will be here soon."
edit on 12-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Maybe some bridges aren't worth building.

In the spirit of total candor, we are doing it her way.

We are in agreement there needs to be at least one juxtaposed example of LGBT that isn't of the cut and cloth of activism and giving a sh*t how other people's kids think. Way too selfish for that. Everyone inherits their own consequences of what they imprint into their own kids. Some kids will hear them and not care. Some won't.

I think that's sorta noble, and not just an excuse to do this, because the generalizations and obsession with LGBT people started to annoy me.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I misspoke about the conscience. It's actually a primal necessary part, where magic and berserker rage comes from. See The_Enemy_Within_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series)

I don't think we're talking about the Cooper thread any more.

Are you saying that things got easy enough and the current activism is counterproductive, too threatening, causing a more harmful backlash?

If that's the case, then I would agree.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

No we are not. Not directly. That thread's tone just one extension of the authenticity takeover.

I'm discarding the middle ground statements because they pissed off inner me and made her call me a bigger and bigger hypocrite, and phony for saying tempered things for environment-sake.

"I can't believe you're saying this! Just freaking say what you think already. Say you support anybody being whatever and it's none of your business, I'm so sick of you not wanting to make yourself a target! Coward!"

Even now, she got mad at me for the previous statement. For trying to appeal to both sides. She doesn't like that if it represses our opinion. She acknowledges autonomy of others at least.

She won.. thread responses of late are a reflection of that.

I think I have a possessive mind projection...

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Addenda: I believe some crazy things. That's why I'm here. Aliens, antigravity, mind control, telekinesis, telepathy, and the list goes on. I left for several years and when I came back in 2020 It was rather streamlined and way more political.

Missed this:

Are you saying that things got easy enough and the current activism is counterproductive, too threatening, causing a more harmful backlash?

If that's the case, then I would agree.

Yes. It's a cold-war styled standoff now. Not gonna stop pushing it until no one cares, which Isn't possible, or even right to force, which makes every LGBT person that really doesn't care if people are whateverphobic or teach their kids whatever, an unwilling point of leverage to be used. People can warp or not warp their kids whatever way they think does it, and schools will go out of their way to not be sued, I'll just be me.

Well so much for not speaking and removing all doubt. At least this one's out of the way.
edit on 13-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I believe some crazy things.

Just wait for the Chronos vs Diplodocus. We're talking dark matter (aka Cronos), sent to Tartarus (merged into Earth), increasing gravity, slowing time and causing the giant land animals to no longer be sustainable. Also, time moved faster before that, so evolution was faster. Just gotta come up with a format of presentation.

until no one cares, which Isn't possible,

That's a tough one. I don't see any of that in real life. I only see it in news and ATS. Either side.

I always wish that people didn't try to coerce others into taking sides. Coercion includes peer pressure and the go along to get along, which when taken to extremes could look like regular people watching a lynching with no sense of "this ain't right"

There's a thing I read not to many days ago. Don't remember the term, I'll have to find it searching tangent words.

Preference falsification, and Self censorship both in Wikipedia.
I was thinking about why people would choose to lurk, just starring posts they like, but not posting themselves.

I sort of concluded that once a person is on the record in a post backing one side or another, the're sort of trapped defending that, rather than feeling free to learn something. There's some other things too, like "Well it's up to your side to reign in your bad actors" guilt trip. "If you had just spoken up, they would not have gone so far".

Lurking relieves one of blame for behaviors of others.

There's got to be a balance fighting the foe, reigning in the nonsense of allies.
edit on 13-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   

That's a tough one. I don't see any of that in real life. I only see it in news and ATS. Either side.

I'm in California, not even the Mormons care here. Most of the protests are usually for countries whose flag I have to look up. "Oh, it's Eritrea. What do they want?"

I just assumed it happened in other places. It seems so ever-present as the desired topic of conversation, I just guessed it was the most important issue everywhere conservative-leaning. More important than anything even. Like important enough to make it 7 simultaneous points of conversation important.

Glad to know that's an overestimation.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:49 AM
link   

And I suddenly remembered the real point I got from Preference falsification.

If you've ever dealt with a pathological liar. They have this rule "If you don't call bull# on what I tell you, then you agree and you can't call me on it later."

Once your name is in a thread, you feel compelled to call bull#. Else you're on record as agreeing.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It was passivity to breaking point of, "I can't take this anymore." Though it seems sorta paradoxical to morally defend moral relativism in any form. Seems like one of those things that will rip a hole in the fabric of space/time.

But call bullsh# and call it often. If the bs needs to exist as stated to manipulate you, it loses its effect when you do that.

I guess don't try to manipulate with lies that need to be believed Is the answer there?

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

If the bs needs to exist as stated to manipulate you, it loses its effect when you do that.

I guess don't try to manipulate with lies that need to be believed Is the answer there?

Yep.

My first couple of years on ATS I mis-spent much time, energy, and integrity apologizing for Christianity. Mostly because the guy who got me to join was Christian. I just figured since I don't hate on Christianity might as well defend it. I caught myself lying a few times. Big moral Delima. Really hampered my ability to learn new things. I often admired the no BS forthrightness of some of the atheists. I was like "Wow! I wish I could do that."

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
More of my beautiful life Here

I guess I'm still being narcissistic.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

What's wrong with that? I took over your thread to hang a bell on my purposes. Like anyone really cares...

And your willingness to try to share non-bullsh*t counteracts any narcissism in doing so, or at least that's what I use.

Wait, I think Helmet wrote a song about this once.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thanks,
1991. Why am I hearing it for the first time now?
Must have tuned in to wrong station or something.

I have to read the lyrics unless it's a slow ballad.
That's probably why I missed out on fast Metal and other things.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It was overshadowed by Nirvana. 1991 was the transition from Guns and Roses to Seattle.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Kurt Cobaine owned a small house (maybe duplex) in maybe Queen Anne district. His widow still owned it when I drank a cup of pressed coffee in it. I was hanging with a 7 Year Bitch band member. That's before they broke up. Most of their music was kind of fast for me too.

Now I'm just name dropping 'cuz I'm bad that way.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Can I neighborhood drop?

Almost moved to Seattle, like trees and distinguishable seasons. Even occasional snow. Capital Hill, Queen Anne, and Ballard were looked at. Seattle was nice.

Also noteworthy was Dicks when drunk and hungry. It was amazing.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Sure.

I'm looking at pictures. I think that the Capital Hill one was the one that my 1st wife's 3rd husband took me to. He said, "You just can't say you've been to Seattle unless you've been to Dicks."

So if it was that one, that would be cool, like "stupid time barrier"

There was a time when I could say I've lived half my life in So Cal, but that was only up to 5 years ago. Now I'm five years too old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join