It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like Writing, Want Points? New Short Story Contest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm not telling.

The judges and criteria given, will be revealed when the winners are revealed. At this time, I don't want any writers to concern themselves with the trivial details, just write, the judges will do their jobs and judge.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Trivial details? What allows one to win points is trivial? But, I need those points so I can buy, uh, well, I have everything I wanted...... Nevermind......

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
WoooHooo...just one more week to go and we'll finally find out the results. I'm betting there are several holdouts who've been waiting till the end draws near to finally publish.

The next seven days should be very interesting, i'm looking forward to it.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Man, no more! Reading the competition I won't even get last place.....(joke, like 3 people in the room and I say Who's the 7th greatest person in the room?)

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here's an idea for the Mods consideration. The next topic should be, "Paranormally Inspired Short Stories." and every story would have in perenthisis before it.......

Never mind.

I really need to think my impulsive thoughts thru a bit more before I post them

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey, paranormal story would be cool. How the chupacabra and a Bigfoot fight and even though it's smaller the chupacabra tears the hell out of bigfoot.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Just wanted to state that I think this is a pretty cool/fun idea.....I usually don't write as often as I would like to and had fun this go around....

Kudos to all the writers

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Just wanted to state that I think this is a pretty cool/fun idea.....I usually don't write as often as I would like to and had fun this go around....

Kudos to all the writers

I feel the same shock. This was allot of fun.

The problem now is waiting these last final days until the party is over and everyone gets to see who landed where in the minds of the judges.

Pregnant moments usually give birth to the ugliest of babies. I wish it were Wednesday already

On the other hand i'm already psyched about what comes next.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
just wanted to say good luck to all who submitted stories, all of them have made good and interesting reading

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is it time yet? Huh? Is it? OPEN! Wait, not christmas morning.... But just as good!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I can't believe this darn thing is finally over, I feel as though i've lived a dozen lifetimes in the last 30 days.

Lets break out the bubbly and salute the ones who have survived this madness

On a lighter note, I too want to wish everyone luck tomorrow when the judges make thier final call and we find out the results of the competition.

This has been allot of fun and I have enjoyed very much reading the stories you have written. I've read every single one and tried to comment on each, just to say thanks for joining us.

Regardless of where I end up, I'm already geared up for the next go round. I hope to see you there.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
anxious writers
I love it

Entries will be accepted until midnight Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday May 11th.

The winners will be decided... ummm whenever I feel like it

in the meantime, get your submissions in or if you are not writing this time, show your support to our writers and give them a few words of encouragement, and pick your favorite.

btw you can find all entries with the green arrows Here!

[edit on 5-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

[edit on 5-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You mean at midnight in a few hours or midnight tomorrow night? I always get confused when people say "[this day] at Midnight". Is there a standard to this I don't know about or something?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
well today is the 10th of May and it's is about 10:30pm eastern standard time, so I mean tomorrow 11th of May 12am which is roughly about 26 hours away.

and btw I chose eastern time zone, cuz that is where I am

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
whewewww, I was sweatin. I just joined ATS yesterday and saw this competition an hour or so ago. I thought I had till midnight on the 10th (today) to post a story. If I had realized I had 24 more hours to go I would not have rushed as much as I did.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
NO!!!! Today is the 11th! So ready to see if I even made it in the top 100.(there isn't 100, the joke is that I wouldn't make the top 100 even though there is less then a 100)

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Noooooo!

How did I miss this!?!?!?!?
Ahh that sucks! I have got to look here more often.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Just as surprised as I am. I got on hoping to see who won, but now need to wait another day! NOO!!!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
anxious writers
I love it

Entries will be accepted until midnight Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday May 11th.

The winners will be decided... ummm whenever I feel like it

You're killing me. Killing me graveyard dead.

Ah well, I waited this long, whats another 24 hours.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Another 24? That is a whole season on Fox, that is a whole day of PowerPuff Girls Marathon, that is a whole day of boredom!

Please judge soon..... I wanna open my presents!(again using the christmas analogy)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join