It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like Writing, Want Points? New Short Story Contest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thank you all for your participation, no further entries will be accepted.
As soon as all the votes are in and the scores are tallied, I will announce the winners.

I'll try not to let you guys suffer too much longer

good luck to all

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
IT'S TIME!!!!!! Come on, so close, yet so far! Any idea when winners will be announced? If not to late will stay up.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank you all for making this contest such a successful one. I would like to thank all the participants, imovestars, Apration, looking4truth, Jamesthelesser, junglejake, DeusEx, mrwupy, MemoryShock, mankoW, darklanser, Patriot36, TheDemonHunter, invader_chris, Kushi_Master, cosmokatt7, and ShadowHasNoSource Without your talent and contribution, our little contest would be nothing.

This contest was very difficult for our judges. Writers, you presented a wide array of great stories and I can say that each judge has his/her own personal favorite among them all. The team of judges consisted of both moderators and members, who read each story and then gave it a grade between 1-100% based on the following criteria. How well the story fits into Ancient Civilization topic, the readability, flow, and premise of the story and lastly spelling and grammar (which didn't play a big part, but was only a consideration). While there are editors for spelling in real life, ATS writers should always strive to present their work in the best possible format to the public. Each judge provided me with their scores for each entry and the stories with the highest average were selected as winners.

I am now very pleased and proud to announce our winners:

First Place & 5000 points: TheDemonHunter with a score of 95.6% for
Sphinx Reopened

2nd Place & 3500 points: mrwupy 93.4%
The Last Atlantian.

3rd Place & 1500 points: junglejake 92.6%
The Pyramids Of Rock Lake

I have also decided to award what I call Honorable Mention or our 4th place story with 250 points, so imagine my surprise to find we had a three-way tie, the following stories all score 91.8%
looking4truth
I am a man now
DeusEx
Revenant- Fall of Minos
Darklanser
Dream Time

Congratulations to all our writers, each and everyone of you should be proud of your talents. Don't be discouraged if you didn't win this time, you will have many opportunities to do so in the future. So keep those creative juices flowing and see you in the next contest.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Krump, I thought the deadline was the 21st! lol I got third place with an unfinished story

...So, when I finish this guy (have time set aside over the next two weeks to finish her up), can I resubmit it to the next contest

...Dang, and I'm usually really good with deadlines at work. Dang!

Well, thank y'all so much for the prize, though!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
w00t w00t. Congrats to everyone who participated, twas grand.

WW, we should one a month, because this kicks ass. Thanks for the opportunity to have a go at writing like this again.

DE

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Great job everyone. The stories where all really good.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Whens the next one and what topic is it on? *crosses fingers for conspiracies in religion* And another thing, just how many avatars does Worldwatcher have i counted about 5 in this thread!?!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This was so much fun. I don't envy the judges though, I couldn't have picked, everyone put in great stories. I hope there are alot more of these contests. Thanks for the honorable mention WW, that was much appreciated.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
writers please bear with me, I need a day to recuperate

I'll be announcing the next contest, before the month is over, this one might be a little different than norm though
and that's all I am saying.

to all the other entries, I'll give feedback as soon as I can, but right now I have to get creative in the kitchen

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh, please make it a choose your own adventure! Make it a choose your own adventure! That would rock!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
writers please bear with me, I need a day to recuperate

I'll be announcing the next contest, before the month is over, this one might be a little different than norm though
and that's all I am saying.

to all the other entries, I'll give feedback as soon as I can, but right now I have to get creative in the kitchen

I think we all should give a hand to the great job done by WorldWatcher!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OYYYYYY!

*gives WW mad props*

Actually, know what I'd like to see? A genre a month. Give everyone a chance to come out and play. That would kick ass, bring the competition to whole new level.

DE

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hmmm.... MrWupy didn't take every spot after all the submissions he made. Anyways, finally know who got what, good job everyone, good luck in the next competition.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Congratulations Demonhunter,
Way to go my friend!

Congratulations to all the other writers who not only won but also the ones who took the time to enter. You good folks did a fantastic job in this contest and i'm honored to have been in the thick of things with you.

WorldWatcher, Get plenty of rest my dear and maybe even meditate to calm yourself, I believe the next writing challenge is going to be an honest madhouse of writers. Probably even more fun then this one was.

I can't wait.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

GIANT Congratulations to everyone, especially the winners. There were some amazing stories out there that didn't make it to the list. I'm always surprised by how fantastic the writing is that comes out of ATS.

Well done everyone.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just used a bunch of the points I got today to give myself an extreme makeover. new avatar, new background and new colors....

Now if only this will help me become a better writer

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I loved all the stories, and im glad all my favorites were on the TOP 4 ..WOOHHOOO.... i should try to get a lotery ticket with a aim like this ...hehehehe

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Wow. I really don't know what to say except thanks to all who liked my story. I just had an idea at the start and really got into a groove on this one. I'm flattered that so many liked it and honored to be chosen for first place.

I got so wrapped up in packing (yes, I'm getting ready to move) that I forgot to check in on this yesterday, so this is sort of embarassing.

Almost as embarassing is the fact that I still haven't ready everyone else's entries, which I definitely have to change.....

Thanks again to all!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity, what was my score?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
Just out of curiousity, what was my score?

Well, this is unofficial of course, but you failed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join