It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Patients Aged 12-18 Account for 8% of Transgender Surgeries

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Lol...

I left it out because it's illegal in western sociey, and yes it's sick and twisted on par with circumcision !

And also yes, gender assignment takes the cake, and all the procedures mentioned are just a long list of sick and twisted parents that impose their ideologies onto their kids...

Shouldn't be an issue tough because they can still make babies...

That's the moral argument used to condemn one form of mutilation and apologize for the next.
It's pathetic....

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Lol...

I left it out because it's illegal in western sociey, and yes it's sick and twisted on par with circumcision !

And also yes, gender assignment takes the cake, and all the procedures mentioned are just a long list of sick and twisted parents that impose their ideologies onto their kids...

Shouldn't be an issue tough because they can still make babies...

That's the moral argument used to condemn one form of mutilation and apologize for the next.
It's pathetic....

The thread isn't about circumcisions..
You have been trying to go around the topic by making the most unfortunate comparisons between circumcisions, tattoos, piercings, and gender affirming mutilations.

Your arguments are flawed and have been refuted so many times. Better change the mode.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm not sure if I should invest the time, to calculate the numbers of butched circumcissions with the same long term results and compare them to how many kids 8% of all trans are.

Well, first and obliviously, the two are not even in the same universe, let alone comparable procedures, but the serious complications from botched circumcisions appear to be somewhere around 0.8 per million.

One is too many I agree!!!

stop the unnecessary mutilation on kids!
stop ear piercing

Doesn't result in sterilization, depression, or any permanent loss of anatomical function - and often even suicidal thoughts.

Also, most - the vast vast majority in fact - of adult women have pierced ears, and there are literally ZERO known cases of a young girl or adult female experiencing any emotional trauma or distress due to having their ears pierced, even if done at a young age.

stop tatoos

First, in general it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to get a tattoo, even with parental consent. Also, while there may actually be a certain number of cases of 'tattoo regret', they can actually be removed (sortof, and albeit painfully and leaving a permanent evidence that something was there)...

stop circumcission

I actually agree with this, although it isn't even remotely the same as sex change surgery, and again there are no known cases where someone being circumcised has cause any serious amount of emotional distress.

I personally wish I hadn't been circumcised, but it isn't something I think about except in cases where the topic is being discussed, like right now.

and stop gender affirming surgery.

First, stop calling it gender affirming surgery, it isn't anything of the sort.

We should refer to these collectively as gender mutilation medical interventions, which includes the extremely damaging (permanent in many/most cases) gender bending hormonal treatments..

But yes, please stop it. All of it.

or don't and be hypocrites!

Hypocrites?

What I find hypocritical is you left out one extremely pertinent real and actual religious practice that is FGM - female genital mutilation. I wonder why that is? Could it be because it is practiced by the religion that the radical left is incapable of condemning in any way shape or form - Islam?

All you're doing is being ridiculous - but hey, at least you're consistent!

Based

Precisely what I said in terms of the unfortunate comparisons the member is trying to make so to use them as a leverage in the conversations. Clearly showing he is trying to excuse and defend the 'gender affirming care' as it's necessary, and if tattoos and piercings are still going on then so do child affirming care.

It's a terrible argument and never seen one before which is similar.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

circumcision is male genital mutilation that stops guys being able to get as muchpleasure during sex

That's why men in the US are such studs and premature ejaculation is far less prevalent than in the rest of the world.

Kidding aside, lopping off a clitoris prevents sensation and the ability to enjoy sexual satisfaction- not to mention it isn't uncommon for young girls to die from the ritualistic practice of FGM.

not seen as any different than the FGM practice of cutting off the clitoris.

One gender can still have a pleasurable sexual experience; the other cannot. Got another example?

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: AlienBorg

Can you even read or is all just fantasy in your head?

I'm against ALL unnecessary mutilation on kids.

Blatantly lying and puting wordsin my mouth like you do, just examplifies the dishonesty we're dealing with in those transphobic threads...

Some here argue that a little child mutilation is ok so long they can still make babies!

that's the sick line of reasoning they try to apply to justify their doublestandards.

Double standards when it comes to kids is no standard at all!
just sick people abusing emotions to push a sick propaganda....

If the ability of making babies is the only thing that you consider absolutely the only reason to protect kids, tell us about the butched circumcision that leave men impotent and how thats diffrent than gender reassignment?

Im curious how you justify it?

You're defending the trans ideology and whatever it comes as a package and so by definition you're defending child mutilations. If you remember I haven't made any thread supporting circumcisions and nobody else has made any threads as far as I remember.

This is your argument about circumcisions in order to make some terrible comparisons and use it as a leverage in the conversations. Circumcisions have some benefits and are recorded in the medical literature. This is a fact. Gender affirming body part mutilations, removal of genitals and other parts have zero benefits. As the matter of fact they are very harmful.

Only the fact you try to equate tattoos, piercings, circumcisions, with 'gender affirming care' shows how desperate your arguments are in your attempts to justify the trans nonsense.

You're the only one who is making these arguments that have been refuted again and again.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Keep apologizing for child mutilation... We now know you don't care about the kids, just your own bias...

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Keep apologizing for child mutilation... We now know you don't care about the kids, just your own bias...

There is nowhere in this thread either me or others apologise for anything. We have just noted your desperate attempts to make comparisons between circumcisions, tattoos, piercings, with gender affirming body part mutilations.

Circumcisions do have benefits recorded in the medical literature but again nobody has a made a thread defending them.

You have been proven wrong with these comparisons again and again.

It is you I am afraid who believes in the trans ideology and 'gender affirming care'

edit on 1-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I left it out because it's illegal in western sociey,

Sure you did...

and yes it's sick and twisted on par with circumcision !

Not even close, but whatever...

For the most part, but there are still lots of cases where these things are being done in direct opposition to the wishes of - or even hidden from - parents by 'the authorities'... so it absolutely is not all on the parents.

It's pathetic....

What is pathetic is attempts to conflate simple cosmetic (or a little more than just cosmetic in the case of circumcision) procedures (tattoos? ear piercings!?!) with true mutilations in a perverse attempt to normalize the actual mutilations.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

hese things are being done in direct opposition to the wishes of - or even hidden from - parents by 'the authorities'... so it absolutely is not all on the parents.

I want to see the hospital that does any of those procedures on minors without parental consent...

Where are those hospitals?

I think that's a lie and until you show a link to the hospital that allows those procedures without parental consent I'm affraid, I'd have to call propaganda bs.

What is pathetic is attempts to conflate simple cosmetic (or a little more than just cosmetic in the case of circumcision) procedures (tattoos? ear piercings!?!) with true mutilations in a perverse attempt to normalize the actual mutilations.

Child mutilation apologetics in full swing... Carry on...

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I left it out because it's illegal in western sociey,

Sure you did...

and yes it's sick and twisted on par with circumcision !

Not even close, but whatever...

For the most part, but there are still lots of cases where these things are being done in direct opposition to the wishes of - or even hidden from - parents by 'the authorities'... so it absolutely is not all on the parents.

It's pathetic....

I think you have come across the true form of online trans activism which is based on very bizarre principles, lies, twisting of reality, pseudo-science, indoctrination and brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I want to see the hospital that does any of those procedures on minors without parental consent...

I was speaking more about brainwashing and puberty blockers when it comes to doing things without parental consent, you are correct that pretty much all hospitals are almost certainly not going to perform gender mutilation surgery without parental consent due to the liability they would face.

I think that's a lie and until you show a link to the hospital that allows those procedures without parental consent I'm affraid, I'd have to call propaganda bs.

I said 'things are being done', and nowhere did I mention Hospitals or surgery, that is just something you made up in your head. The puberty blockers/hormone sterilization treatments [n]always precede the surgical mutilations.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

hese things are being done in direct opposition to the wishes of - or even hidden from - parents by 'the authorities'... so it absolutely is not all on the parents.

Where are those hospitals?

Your attempts are backfiring.
Trying to make comparisons between having tattoos and piercings with gender affirming child mutilations.

Then using circumcisions as a way to trivialise and validate the butchering of body parts in the name of the trans ideology. As if circumcisions have anything to do with gender affirming care mutilations...

Perhaps you could see why you haven't convinced anyone, not even the people who believe in this weird ideology of yours.

I believe this is a good point to stop. But you dint really care about credibility issues. You ve lost this debate long time ago.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Also, most - the vast vast majority in fact - of adult women have pierced ears, and there are literally ZERO known cases of a young girl or adult female experiencing any emotional trauma or distress due to having their ears pierced, even if done at a young age.

to be fair, i did have some fear of getting my ears pierced (part of it because i don't handle pain well), but when it was over, I was just excited that finally I was going to wear pretty things in my ears and be a big girl (as how i identified at the time lol)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

tats and piercings can be done on yourself. Gender reassignmnent surgery, um.... not so much.

My boy and his boys are not cut. More and more parents don't anylonger.

Any other stupid arguments?

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
By the way for the slow... its no longer a surgery for circumcision, unless there is a religious rule that has you do it the old school way.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Transgender genital surgeries, which remove the healthy genitals of the patient and replace them with artificial genitals that resemble the opposite sex, were far less common but were still performed on more than 11% of patients between the ages of 12 and 18. This accounted for about 405 people.

For context, there are over 25 million persons in the U.S. in this age group. I am not good at maths but what percentage does 3,678 out of 25+ million come out to over a four year period? What does 405 out of 25+ million come out to? Can people not see how extremely rare this is?

I have been studying this phenomenon for decades and have never seen a case where genital surgery was performed in the U.S. on anyone younger than 17 about to approach 18. In nearly all of these cases, the person involved has been socially transitioned and under professional observation for many years, often since grade school and the timing of this surgery corresponds to the period between high school graduation and starting college giving them a several month window for recovery. As the numbers indicate, this is extraordinarily uncommon.

This study collected data from a four year period from 2016 to 2020.

In 2022 alone 506 children underwent bariatric surgery for weight loss.

According to the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPS), in 2020, nearly 230,000 cosmetic surgeries and nearly 140,000 non-invasive cosmetic procedures were performed on teens ages 13-19.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Show me what pharmacy sells those medications to minors without parental consent?

You going to peddle back and deflect again?

Try and be more specific!

it's about our kids, not some peoples personal transphobia!

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

to be fair, i did have some fear of getting my ears pierced (part of it because i don't handle pain well), but when it was over, I was just excited that finally I was going to wear pretty things in my ears and be a big girl (as how i identified at the time lol)

Fair enough, I should have qualified it... "... any serious/lasting emotional trauma or distress due to having their ears pierced, even if done at a young age. "

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Show me what pharmacy sells those medications to minors without parental consent?

Brainwashing does indeed happen a lot without parental consent, so you obviously ignored that part of my post.

As for puberty blockers, maybe they cannot technically be given without consent, are you seriously going to sit there and pretend that parents are not being bullied and threatened into allowing it?

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It's from the end of the world and nefarious agenda to parents being bullied.

you ever wonder why this copulation fest isn't taken serious...

I don't...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join