It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Patients Aged 12-18 Account for 8% of Transgender Surgeries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

How very sad for these children. When left alone, most children who think they are TRANS turn out not to be. Surgery on 12-18 year olds isn't giving them enough time to sort out their feelings. How many of these mutilated children, later in life, are going to decide they really are their birth gender after all? It'll be too late, the damage will have been done.

STUDY - Journal of American Medicine - National Estimates of Gender Affirming Surgery in the USA

Study - Patients aged 12-18 Account for 8% of Transgender Surgeries

Patients between the ages of 12 and 18 accounted for nearly 8% of transgender surgeries from 2016 through 2020, according to estimates provided in a recent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

During this time period, researchers estimate that about 3,678 Americans between ages 12 and 18 received transgender surgeries. The study, published Aug. 23, was led by Dr. Jason D. Wright from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.

Most of the surgeries for patients in this age range were breast and chest procedures, such as the removal of healthy breasts in female patients or the addition of prosthetic breasts in male patients to facilitate a gender transition. More than 87% of the young patients, which is about 3,215 people, received these surgeries.

Transgender genital surgeries, which remove the healthy genitals of the patient and replace them with artificial genitals that resemble the opposite sex, were far less common but were still performed on more than 11% of patients between the ages of 12 and 18. This accounted for about 405 people.

Richards noted that many European countries have begun to restrict transgender surgeries and drugs for minors because of concerns about irreversible changes, but the United States is not “keeping with trends elsewhere in the world.” He noted that “a 13-year-old is not capable of giving informed consent,” which he said is reflected in many other American laws, such as drinking age requirements.

“The vast majority of young kids struggling [with gender dysphoria] … actually resolve those feelings” if there are no drug or surgical interventions, Richards added. He said these issues should be treated in a way that yields “the least amount of damage” rather than “one of the most draconian possible interventions to treat a psychological disorder that isn’t well understood.”

edit on 8/31/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
East Coast, West Coast, Center of the Country.
I'm sure there are more, but these instantly came up on google.

Surgical Gender Affirmation Program - Seattle Childrens Hospital

Center for Gender Surgery - Boston Childrens Hospital

Gender Affirming Surgery - St. Louis Childrens Hospital

edit on 8/31/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm not sure if I should invest the time, to calculate the numbers of butched circumcissions with the same long term results and compare them to how many kids 8% of all trans are.

I'll spare you the flip flop walk...

One is too many I agree!!!

stop the unnecessary mutilation on kids!
stop ear piercing
stop tatoos
stop circumcission
and stop gender affirming surgery.

or don't and be hypocrites!

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I'm not sure if I should invest the time, to calculate the numbers of butched circumcissions with the same long term results and compare them to how many kids 8% of all trans are.

stop ear piercing
stop tatoos
stop circumcission

Whataboutism for once more!

It's incredible you try to compare circumcisions with removal of genitalia and other body parts. This is a debunked argument you keep pushing as if it has any validity.

If you want to discuss circumcisions you're free to do so and why not make a thread. I am sure there can be benefits from the procedure. I am not quite sure what medical benefits exist in the process of butchering of genitals and other body parts for the benefit of the delusions created by the trans community.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

stop ear piercing
stop tatoos
stop circumcission

I also note your comparison between ear piercing and tattoos with butchering of external genitalia..
That's another great comparison!

You seem to be doing great for once more!

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

stop ear piercing
stop tatoos
stop circumcission

There is no benefit in gender affirming body part mutilations. None.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

How very sad for these children. When left alone, most children who think they are TRANS turn out not to be. Surgery on 12-18 year olds isn't giving them enough time to sort out their feelings. How many of these mutilated children, later in life, are going to decide they really are their birth gender after all? It'll be too late, the damage will have been done.

STUDY - Journal of American Medicine - National Estimates of Gender Affirming Surgery in the USA

Study - Patients aged 12-18 Account for 8% of Transgender Surgeries

Patients between the ages of 12 and 18 accounted for nearly 8% of transgender surgeries from 2016 through 2020, according to estimates provided in a recent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

During this time period, researchers estimate that about 3,678 Americans between ages 12 and 18 received transgender surgeries. The study, published Aug. 23, was led by Dr. Jason D. Wright from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.

Most of the surgeries for patients in this age range were breast and chest procedures, such as the removal of healthy breasts in female patients or the addition of prosthetic breasts in male patients to facilitate a gender transition. More than 87% of the young patients, which is about 3,215 people, received these surgeries.

Transgender genital surgeries, which remove the healthy genitals of the patient and replace them with artificial genitals that resemble the opposite sex, were far less common but were still performed on more than 11% of patients between the ages of 12 and 18. This accounted for about 405 people.

Richards noted that many European countries have begun to restrict transgender surgeries and drugs for minors because of concerns about irreversible changes, but the United States is not “keeping with trends elsewhere in the world.” He noted that “a 13-year-old is not capable of giving informed consent,” which he said is reflected in many other American laws, such as drinking age requirements.

“The vast majority of young kids struggling [with gender dysphoria] … actually resolve those feelings” if there are no drug or surgical interventions, Richards added. He said these issues should be treated in a way that yields “the least amount of damage” rather than “one of the most draconian possible interventions to treat a psychological disorder that isn’t well understood.”

They're not patients but victims of a criminal enterprise.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

So, a little irreversible mutilation on kids is Ok?

Those sick child molesters actaully advocate disfiguring kids permanently, so long they can still reproduce.

Yes I'm sure we should listen very closely to what they say, for the sake of our kids...

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Those sick child molesters actaully advocate disfiguring kids permanently, so long they can still reproduce.

Yes I'm sure we should listen very closely to what they say, for the sake of our kids...

You're describing perfectly the child mutilations in the name of the trans ideology. Well done!

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

And in every other ideology that include child mutilation!

I'm not the one defending child mutilation you are!

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
20% of transgender people regret “gender reassignment” and their number is growing - LINK

The development of feminist movements gave impetus to the formation of the pseudoscientific theory of "gender", which claims that differences in interests and abilities between men and women are determined not by their biological differences, but by upbringing and stereotypes that a patriarchal society imposes on them. According to this concept, “gender” is the “psychosocial sex” of a person, which does not depend on his biological sex and does not necessarily coincide with it, in connection with which a biological man can psychologically feel himself as a woman and perform female social roles, and vice versa. Adepts of the theory call this phenomenon "transgender" and claim that it is absolutely normal. In medicine, this mental disorder is known as transsexualism (ICD-10: F64)

Regrets Transitioning
LINK1
LINK2
LINK3
[url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11151433/Detransitioner-says-brainwashed-having-gender-reassignment-surgery-woke-doctors.html]LINK4[/url ]

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

stop ear piercing
stop tatoos
stop circumcission

stop being a DERP. I agree, tattoos are dumb. Folks have no vision to realize how silly that's going to look in 45 years.
Ear piercing, nose piercing, nipple piercing, all odd, but that doesn't limit functionality. Much like circumcision. Castration limits functionality. You should buy a book about all this so you stop making the same stupid argument.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And in every other ideology that include child mutilation!

I'm not the one defending child mutilation you are!

I don't think that's true.
You're defending the trans ideology and whatever it comes as a package. Hence by definition you're defending child mutilations.

I haven't made any thread supporting circumcisions.

This is your argument in order to make some terrible comparisons and use it as a leverage in the conversations. Circumcisions have some benefits and are recorded in the medical literature. This is a fact. Gender affirming body part mutilations, removal of genitals and other parts have zero benefits. As the matter of fact they are very harmful.

Only the fact you try to equate tattoos, piercings, circumcisions, with 'gender affirming care' shows how desperate your arguments are in your attempts to justify the trans nonsense.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Comparing circumcision to complete destruction destruction of body parts is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

I don't think I've ever heard of someone committing suicide over being circumcised.

(post by Terpene removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Mutilation is mutilation, irreversible physical deformation.

I'm against all of that on minors if its not a life saving procedure.

Some here think mutilating kids is ok so long they can reproduce...
What a twisted moral baseline is that?

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Mutilation is mutilation, irreversible physical deformation.

I'm against all of that on minors if its not a life saving procedure.

Some here think mutilating kids is ok so long they can reproduce...
What a twisted moral baseline is that?

No it's only you who supports the trans ideology and the entire package and it's you who is trying to make comparisons between circumcisions and complete removal of genitals as if they're the same. When in reality they have nothing in common. You have presented this refuted argument before and you keep trying to recycle it.

Nobody here from the members has ever created a thread supporting circumcisions. But everyone has noticed your desperate attempts to equate tattoos, piercings, circumcisions, with complete removal of genitals and other body parts in the name of the trans ideology you support so much.

Trying to argue your point you just expose your arguments and your ideology further. Your arguments are so desperate btw.
edit on 31-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

a reply to: nugget1

Oh another child mutilation apologist...

I don't think I've ever heard of someone committing suicide over being circumcised.

I guess you didn't listen enough

That's a disingenuous statement.
That's not an apology but an answer to your failed attempts to equate circumcisions with complete removal of genitals in the name of a debunked ideology.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Does anyone outside of the U.S. find it wierd the people in the U.S. treat trans people as a major issue of debate and discussion?

The notion that the government knows UFOs exist doesn't hold anyone's interest for more than a month, but we'll talk about trans issues for years.

If that's not idiocracy, i dont know what is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join