It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri IS Protecting Children effective August 28th 2023

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Wait now I'm confused, are you saying that there is no issue?

The only argument for giving kids GnRH is to reduce the effects of puberty which are supposed to be the cause for the dysphoria.

Why else would someone who was gender diverse need hormone treatment?

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

Wait now I'm confused, are you saying that there is no issue?

The only argument for giving kids GnRH is to reduce the effects of puberty which are supposed to be the cause for the dysphoria.

Why else would someone who was gender diverse need hormone treatment?

This is getting old and tiring.

My posts have been very plain and direct.

You can’t prove gender dysphoria with a physical test as required in the Missouri Bill.

You can’t treat what can’t be proven in a physical test.

edit on 4-9-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

but you don't need to prove gender dysphoria, just the physical cause for the dysphoria. which can be tested for, physically.

Again the GnRH drugs are not for treating psychological disorders, they are for treating physical disorders, why would you need evidence of a psychological disorder to treat symptoms of precocious puberty?

If you tire of trying to run around in circles and confuse people then I suggest you add something of value other than baseless rebukes and accusations

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Let’s try this.

My Autistic kid is prescribed anxiety meds.

I, as the parent, did not allow it until he was 14.

I needed him to be of an age to know how they affect him and be able to communicate that to me.

When the psychiatrist wanted to increase the dosage — I said NO.

His schools worked with him as is. They never suggested I medicate him.

I, as a parent, made the decisions for him. No one else.

When he wants to talk about something he comes to me.

And I fully support openness and diversity in his school.

I’ve never had any experience with an “Agenda “.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

but you don't need to prove gender dysphoria, just the physical cause for the dysphoria. which can be tested for, physically.

Again the GnRH drugs are not for treating psychological disorders, they are for treating physical disorders, why would you need evidence of a psychological disorder to treat symptoms of precocious puberty?

This is just getting stupid.

I’m done.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Last time you said this i was sorry that you felt that way, this time i am not.

I asked you simple questions that someone who makes the claims you do should be able to shed light on.

Its apparent you don't want to acknowledge that you are wrong about this law, for the third time

Edit for clarity, this would be the third time you have made incorrect assumptions about the law, you have yet to acknowledge that you are wrong about those assumptions
edit on 04pm30700000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

This is just getting stupid.

I’m done.

There is the drama you were projecting

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Sounds rational and it sounds like you have a good relationship with your grandson.

I'm not making an argument that there is or was an agenda to push anxiety meds. But I think your point is that since the school worked with him and there was nothing agenda driven then, and the system did right by the children, then there is no agenda now, on this topic. If the education system did you right then, then why would they be doing you wrong now.

I do not make light of a person's personal experiences or feelings. I seek not to invalidate them, exclude them, or make them feel like they have no worth. I do not seek to oppress them. I have no moral stand on whether or not their choices are right or wrong. I couldn't care less what adults want to do with themselves.

There are children that are going to have these feelings, and are going to need to appropriate attention and guidance along the way. What I am seeing by and large though, is not that. In my opinion.

I ask myself questions like...

Why has there seemingly been a sudden rise in people identifying LGBTQ+? Have there always been that many statistically and I was just unaware of it? Are people these days just more comfortable coming out then they were before?

Then I look around and think about how social justice, and woke activism, has seeped into every facet of society. Could they be connected? They often go hand in hand with the LGBTQ+ community. At least its most vocal, but I feel they are linked at the core. At first glance some things they promote might seem rational. But the words and actions paint a different picture.

Now it's in the schools. Why is it in the schools? Could the rise in children identifying as trans be in correlation to that? What about what's being pushed in cartoons, movies, and video games? Could they be connected to this? Is it because of how it's on display everywhere? Promoters praised, the detractors accused of being oppressors. No questions allowed?

Why are they trying to drive a wedge between parent and child if the parents don't fully support their child? Why are peer groups, educators, clinicians, etc., insisting on keeping detractors in the dark? (side note, nothing good is ever done in darkness) Parent's, family, friends... Is that not cultish? Why all the unethical practices? Why is "affirmation care" to go to solution, regardless of other factors? Why are the ones who don't tow this line ostracized, pushed out, or discredited?

Why does raising questions like these get people a bad label?

Why shut down any conversation about it?

What's the cost of speaking out?

Maybe that indoctrination?

I digress. Too many questions...

edit on 9-4-2023 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

There’s always agendas and anti-agendas.

Can’t have one without the other.

I guess how invasive one thinks they are is the real debate.

I personally think there’s a lot of unnecessary “noise” due to transgender being a difficult concept to accept by many. Pretty much same happened when LGBTQ + started coming out.

If your kid is not coming to you and talking to you — you need to look at yourself.

edit on 4-9-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
IMO It's nobody's business but the child, parents and medical professionals .

As is the case with every mental disorder.

Until that mental disorder spills out onto society, then we have to deal with it.

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join