It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas black supremacist teacher fired after making online racist comments and death threats

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just a conspiracy reminder folks. . . . . . .

This issue is about free expression.

Sides are already being drawn up on it, why?

Because much of what the DoJ and Georgia have on Trump is an interpretation of free expression.

Limits are already being accepted on what we can say. Try saying "Dude" to a guy in a dress and you might lose your job. Question the outcome of an election and they'll send you to jail.

We used to be a society of "Sticks and stones" and "Agree to disagree" but now you have to always say the correct thing, like the correct thing, be in support of the correct thing.

Voltaire said that he'd, "Disagree with what you said but defend to the death your right to say it".

We've lost that.

People ON THIS SITE actually think that hate speech is illegal.

Hate speech is DEFENDED by the 1st Amendment.

Polite speech, correct speech, nice speech needs no defense.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Never the twain shall meet. One cannot be racist and supremacist and also be woke - turn that around and replace that thought with a white racist, supremacist - are they ever woke?

I think they are two different events. You can have the Woke White liberal Karen who calls the police on the Black guy because he happened to be near her and she feels threatened for no reason other than he is Black, so what do you call that?

I think the word White supremacist is overused these days. There are a lot of Asian cultures that are Supremacist with a BIG S. There are some Black cultures with a level of supremacy that is hidden in Black Pride.... As for Whites, it is rather small groups and with those, there really isn't much anything supreme about them.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Then they have claimed the ex-teacher isn't supremacist although accepting she is racist. And they have argued she isn't stupid even though she was stupid enough to post her thoughts online and get herself fired for her posts and online threats.

Well, we have heard our whole lives that a minority can not be racist or a supremacist by just the fact they are a minority. That has never made sense to me because you can have a group of 50 trailer part KKK and for some reason, they can be, but a group of 50 Black Panthers can never be while both groups have the same actions and thoughts.

The bigger issue is that minorities are given a wide latitude of racist expressions and thoughts towards themselves and Whites and still not be racist by social norms, while Whites are basically judged on every comment. Look how the left treated Trump as being both a racist and supremacist while doing more for the Black community than the last 5+ Presidents Combined including Obama.

edit on 28-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Then they have claimed the ex-teacher isn't supremacist although accepting she is racist. And they have argued she isn't stupid even though she was stupid enough to post her thoughts online and get herself fired for her posts and online threats.

Well, we have heard our whole lives that a minority can not be racist or a supremacist by just the fact they are a minority. That has never made sense to me because you can have a group of 50 trailer part KKK and for some reason, they can be, but a group of 50 Black Panthers can never be while both groups have the same actions and thoughts.

The bigger issue is that minorities are given a wide latitude of racist expressions and thoughts towards themselves and Whites and still not be racist by social norms, while Whites are basically judged on every comment. Look how the left treated Trump as being both a racist and supremacist while doing more for the Black community than the last 5+ Presidents Combined including Obama.

That's precisely how I have put it.
It's a black female young teacher and therefore according to the woke she must be a victim. Unfortunately reality has caught up with them and they don't know how to deal with cases like hers that seem to be very common.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Honest question...

Is slander also defended by the US constitution?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Honest question...

Is slander also defended by the US constitution?

Is slander an infringement upon someone else's rights?

I ask because there is no right enshrined that allows infringement upon another's rights.

Also remember that being butthurt over bad words is not a right, so you can't harm someone because they said something that hurt your feels.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

So it comes down to how much real life damage has been inflicted by the words?
Because obviously they can hurt...

You can prove damage, it doesn't matter what's been said?

Psychological damage is not provable under US law?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

So it comes down to how much real life damage has been inflicted by the words?
Because obviously they can hurt...

You can prove damage, it doesn't matter what's been said?

Psychological damage is not provable under US law?

You can take it to court.

Let a jury decide.

I could call you a name and you could claim damages, I suppose.

*shrugs*

Slander

n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove. Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications. (See: defamation, fair comment)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Shrugs what?

You think that's unnecessary?

It Was probably put in place because some abused their newly found freedom, to harm others.

It's always the extremists that force laws that ultimately can be to the detriment of all...

Both suck, and we should never give in to extremist...

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Who did the teacher slander?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Oh but look, did she get tried for what she said?

It's not me that makes generalized claims about the freedom of our speech, when none of that was infringed on.

You are free to say whatever, but you also bear the consequences. Was that the right bear? I'll just use grizzly bext time i know how to spell that...
Play stupid games, win stupid prices.
People get fired for online comments all the time.
But what's that, she resigned.

Another OP that's misrepresenting all the way to denying it whem called out...

Just trying to understand how far that freedom goes....

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It was and everyone says stupid things from time to time.

Why should she be punished?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I think if the "victim" presses charges, and it holds before a judge, she should be punished.
If that's not the case, I don't know....
peer pressure is a nastiness no matter who excerpts it on whom, but it's a reality.

the democratic approach is just dictatorship of the masses wrapped in a fuzzy word, It's always been like that and the masse's socioeconomic dynamics have always changed and those that didn't adapt got booted...

I really couldn't care one way or another as I just don't really care, I try to stay up to date as to not lose touch with reality, but other than that humans can do and say whatever the heck they want, society can lose its # I don't care.

Not being subjected to that peer pressure, isn't a very pleasant way, but I've made my peaces with it.
If peer pressure was something that bothered me or that made me feel uncomfortable, I wouldn't be posting here anymore

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I think if the "victim" presses charges, and it holds before a judge, she should be punished.
If that's not the case, I don't know....
peer pressure is a nastiness no matter who excerpts it on whom, but it's a reality.

the democratic approach is just dictatorship of the masses wrapped in a fuzzy word, It's always been like that and the masse's socioeconomic dynamics have always changed and those that didn't adapt got booted...

I really couldn't care one way or another as I just don't really care, I try to stay up to date as to not lose touch with reality, but other than that humans can do and say whatever the heck they want, society can lose its # I don't care.

Not being subjected to that peer pressure, isn't a very pleasant way, but I've made my peaces with it.
If peer pressure was something that bothered me or that made me feel uncomfortable, I wouldn't be posting here anymore

It won't make any difference whether you decide to keep posting or stop. You're going off topic in most cases and unable to deal with the topic of the conversation. On occasions you have doubted the story alongside another member who has been trying to excuse and justify the actions of the ex-teacher. It looks like the expectations are different when it comes to black young female citizens who are expected to be the victims and according to the radical left crowd they can't be possibly racist or treat others unfairly and discriminated against them.

The young last who was fired wasn't clever enough not to post her thoughts online. She believed free speech is always consequence-free but most importantly she believed she is entitled..She definitely made racist and remarks and although she didn't end up in a court of law accused of various things, the school she was working couldn't keep her into the position she had until that moment.

How much public schools have suffered from low quality teachers and teaching is beyond comprehension. This person, regardless of her comments, should have never been employed to be guiding and teaching children. The same is true when you have ideologues and activists.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join