It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Taylor Swift? / Number I Country Song in the USA / Rich Men North of Richmond

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
You guys are a bit behind on the times. There are lots on the Right that are turning against Anthony because he's a proponent of diversity.

Yeah, good try, he obviously didn't meant it in any way shape or form even remotely like the way the left means it.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormerlyChucks
a reply to: The2Billies
Your comment spoiled in one day.
listen to the singer himself in the post above this one.

I listened to the whole thing, nothing he said invalidates The2Billies post...

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks for that! I actually had no idea he has a long youtube history and lots of other songs.

I now see that he is just as authentic as he comes off in the song in question, and is in fact more humble and genuine that I expected.

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Waterglass

'It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news trying to identify with me like I'm one of them,' singer-songwriter says in new statement that addresses the politicization of his chart-topping viral country hit

themessenger.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormerlyChucks
a reply to: dandandat2
Look, heres my problem with this song. Maybe I'm slightly autistic but it just annoys the crap out of me that this song is being shilled as some kind of conservative working man anthem and millions of people are falling for it.

No, but yes, some people are trying to co-opt it apparently.

It isn't about Democrat vs Republican, or even Liberal vs Conservative... it is about Right vs Wrong, and he correctly recognizes that there is just as much corruption in the Republican Party as anywhere else.

He also correctly identifies the root/source of the problem... the (fiat) monetary system. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out he is a bitcoiner.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Come on separation between Church and State.

Yeah, we need a new tagline...

Separation of MONEY and State.
edit on 28-8-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
“It’s aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me, like I’m one of them,” Anthony said in a video published on YouTube on Friday, speaking from what looked like the cab of a rain-spattered pickup truck. “It was funny seeing my song … at the presidential debate because it’s like I wrote that song about those people, you know, so for them to have to sit there and have to listen to that, that cracks me up,” he said.

You're probably also confusing what he is saying with being anti-Right/Republican.

He isn't. He is anti corruption, and both parties are as corrupt as can be.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I like that one as its way over the top true.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I don't see how commenting on Roe v Wade and the Texas school shooting is being a poster child for the DNC... Just because someone leans left on issues, doesn't mean they are now a democratic shill and propagandist...

If you dislike Biden, are against abortion, and pro guns ; are you now a poster child for the RNC?

I'd like to think that we can lean left and right on issues without being jammed into a party box. The whole notion that we have to be republican or democrat is the problem.

Perhaps if we voted purely based on ethics, ideals, and candidates positions and strategy for change, then we'd be at a much better place than the current climate of blindly voting party. If anything, partys should be banned. People might actually have real conversations and not this stupid tribal warfare.

edit on 28-8-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Answers in [brackets]

If you dislike Biden [Yes], are against abortion [No], and pro guns [50/50] Guns need to be taken back to the early 1980's laws.; are you now a poster child for the RNC?

Seems that I am the poster child as an Independent. What say you

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Answers in [brackets]

If you dislike Biden [Yes], are against abortion [No], and pro guns [50/50] Guns need to be taken back to the early 1980's laws.; are you now a poster child for the RNC?

Seems that I am the poster child as an Independent. What say you

Probably the same. I hate that so many people feel forced to vote by party. I think most of us on ATS agree on more than we disgaree with. I feel like the small amount of wedge issues make our differences seem larger than they are. We all are aware of the huge amount of corruption between both parties. It's easy to just blame everything on one party.

I made a comment on a new sub-reddit that leaned left. Someone was calling Republicans authoritarian facist racist nazis. I made a long comment responding as sensible as i could about how detrimental this belief was and was banned by the moderator.

So many people who follow politics are in their own worlds. Their own bubbles. I really hope we can break free of that at some point.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Those left leaning posters were more likely tolls..

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I made a comment on a new sub-reddit that leaned left. Someone was calling Republicans authoritarian facist racist nazis. I made a long comment responding as sensible as i could about how detrimental this belief was and was banned by the moderator.

I made a comment on Richard Dolans web site on a UFO blog. Nothing inflammatory as I wrote that UFO's exist and uploaded pictures. Yet his MOD seemed pissed that I did so. WTF

<< 1  2  3   >>

join