It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Desantis wants Military Action at the Border and possibly more

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: some_stupid_name

The best fix is to stop the Mexican people from wanting to come to the US.
Yeah, sounds easy.

We need to invest in Mexico to make people want to stay there.. can't be any more expensive than the current system...lol

Need to end the cartels though

I yearn for the days when it was hard working Mexicans coming across the border. It still needed fixed, but that’s by no means the reality today.

I have read there are more than 160 different nations represented at our Southern border, this is waaaay bigger than Mexico, albeit reeling in, or helping to destroy the cartels would reduce the influx, the real problem is definitely from another source actively promoting illegal immigration into the United States.

The drug problem finds a facility to aggrandize their business through immigration, but as has been submitted above, if people weren’t using illegal drugs, there wouldn’t be an influx.

Supply and demand

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think the border southern border needs military intervention. It needs to be secured. I support ALL OF THE ABOVE approach. Walls were appropriate. Drones and any other security measures.

We won't stop it all, but we damn sure can stop the majority coming across.

We also need to focus internally. Make it damn near impossible and painful for companies that employ illegals. I'm all for guest visas and other legalized immigration.

Legal immigration processes need to be revamped and streamlined as well.

Regarding drugs, as long as there is a black market, there will be people who risk it all to import and sell. I don't think it should be legalized. The only long term solution is tough sentences, but also focusing on the users. Figuring out why some people are susceptible to using drugs. We may also need to get a little heartless and let Darwin clean up the mess so to speak letting people smoke themselves into oblivion.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Troops on the border on our side? Fine by me.
Crossing the border? That's another story.
That gets really tricky.
That's the job of the politician.
To find a way to get the job done without force.
MEXICO has to step up and take care of it's problems.
Yeah I know ... good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: JinMI

Regardless, the reality is that people with U.S. citizenship or residence traffic the vast majority of fentanyl, not illegal border crossers specifically or illegal immigrants generally.

So, an opinion.

Based off of an admitted incomplete dataset.

Could be true sure, but isn't it disingenuous to draw a fact based conclusion off of incomplete facts?

Hey , he said “majority” “regardless” and “the reality” in his claims.
These words alone make whatever he says true.
Rules for ATS lefties.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Troops on the border on our side? Fine by me.
Crossing the border? That's another story.
That gets really tricky.
That's the job of the politician.
To find a way to get the job done without force.
MEXICO has to step up and take care of it's problems.
Yeah I know ... good luck with that.

Mexico won’t do anything for us. The govt is run by the cartels, MS13, and a handful of oligarchs. Just like Biden lol.
So you have two choices. Worry that we shouldn’t pick on poor little Mexico, and let America fail ……..
or don’t let America fail.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
The majority of fentanyl comes across at legal border crossings and is smuggled in by US citizens.

Misrepresent much?

That is only the percentage of KNOWN.

The fact is, there is absolutely no way whatsoever to know how much comes NOT at legal crossings carried by US Citizens.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Regarding drugs, as long as there is a black market, there will be people who risk it all to import and sell. I don't think it should be legalized. The only long term solution is tough sentences, but also focusing on the users. Figuring out why some people are susceptible to using drugs. We may also need to get a little heartless and let Darwin clean up the mess so to speak letting people smoke themselves into oblivion.

Yeah, well, that pretty much sums up the last 60+ years of drug prohibition in this country, and that's worked out so well, hasn't it?

Why are you so afraid to just let adult people make their own damned choices? Why do you feel the need to impose your own personal brand of morality on everyone else?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
According top Trump Desantis is gone. Please go and look at yesterdays Trump interview with Tucker Carlson and get his take on the wall. I live in the UK but if I had a chance to vote for Trump he would be in. Watch the entire interview and if you don't come out and vote for Trump after that then you are a moron.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Edumakated

Yeah, well, that pretty much sums up the last 60+ years of drug prohibition in this country, and that's worked out so well, hasn't it?

Why are you so afraid to just let adult people make their own damned choices? Why do you feel the need to impose your own personal brand of morality on everyone else?

It wouldn't be a problem IF there was actual accountability for them and not excuses. As we need to recognize that not everyone wants to saved, we must also recognize that not everyone is worth saving. Just pretend they are conservative or misgendered someone and it should be easier that way.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you follow the border crisis on the evening news you're being misinformed. If people actually knew who and what was crossing our borders the whole country would riot.

It sure does look like a planned attack is in our near future.....maybe someone will light the fuse just in time to cancel the 2024 elections.

As of March this year some 4293 Chinese migrants have been apprehended at the border. We can only hope the BP are wrong when they say for every one captured, 100 get awat.

Biden Admin Welds Arizona Border Wall Gates Open
A media report revealed that Biden administration officials welded border wall gates open near Lukeville, Arizona. The open gates allow migrants to freely walk through the border wall and into the Arizona desert.

The Tucson Sector led the nation in migrant apprehensions in July. The apprehension of nearly 40,000 migrants represents an increase of nearly 136 percent over July 2022. The sector is in second place in year-to-date apprehensions following the arrest of nearly 274,000 migrants — an increase of 59 percent over the same period last year, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection reports. “We thought the agents were going to say something to us,” an Ecuadorian migrant told the Post. “But we just got in.” A Cuban migrant added, “It was so easy to get into the United States. Nothing like our trip through Mexico. That part was difficult. I thought there was going to be more security.”

[michaelsavage.com...]

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Listen, it's been shown that the government has trafficked drugs before and probably still is. More than likely to fund some black budget UFO program.

How do we fix that? Decriminalize drugs immediately. Figure out how to make that stuff here. Sell it cheaply so that we put the cartels out of business.

PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK AND NEVER WILL.
edit on 24-8-2023 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
a reply to: tanstaafl
It wouldn't be a problem IF there was actual accountability for them and not excuses. As we need to recognize that not everyone wants to saved, we must also recognize that not everyone is worth saving. Just pretend they are conservative or misgendered someone and it should be easier that way.

I actually don't understand your point.

Accountability... for whom? To whom?

It isn't about saving people.

Hint: The World? It don't want to be saved.

I'm not talking about saving anyone from anything, especially themselves. I'm simply talking about decriminalizing adult behavior that harms no one but themselves.

I am absolutely in favor of REGULATING drugs, just like we do alcohol and tobacco today - no selling to kids - and I'd support severe penalties for selling to kids, up to and including the death penalty.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think the war on Fentanyl shouldn’t be fought in Mexico, but right here at home. What about the war on obesity. Should we fight China for processing junk food for us too?

Do tell what foods come from China to America. We do just fine as home in that area.

Back to Desantis. He wants more action at the border, sending troops, and possibly even causing conflict with Mexico….very interesting.

Conflict with Mexico... scary...lol

It takes a spec of fentanyl to kill someone and that is why so many are dying. I think we should target druglords in Mexico and other South American countries and treat them like we do terrorists in Africa and other countries with the full power of American might.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's an easy and safe awnser to a complex issue. Avoiding addressing pharma companies and the state of the "war on drugs".

Which just about sums up Ron DeSantis, he pretends to take brave stances but really just does what he thinks will win him political points.

Not sure why people want someone like DeSantis, he's not going to create any radical changes.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I feel for Texas, they have been dealing with this for too long. Some places like New York got a taste of it and didn’t like it at all.

The bigger issue is the liberals call it undocumented immigrants and the reality is it is Human Trafficking which is mostly a situation of vulnerable people being taken advantage of as in cheap slave labor, sex trade, and mules.

That part would not stop unless we use physical means to do it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join