It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Strongmen Go Weak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No links, no news, just some thoughts today. I was reading today about Putin deciding not to go to South Africa and just video call in to the major BRICS meeting that he is pulling together. And it got me thinking -- is this how strongmen end? Is this the end of the strongman myth about Putin?

He has built his entire life, his entire career and the idea of who Putin is, on being a strongman, an alpha male. But when a strongman stops being alpha, is that the end of it all? Can anyone take Putin seriously once he starts showing fear and weakness? He has a good reason for not going, he could very well be arrested and delivered to the Hague International Criminal Court, but as an alpha male, should he not at least try to stand up and show who's the boss?

The same thing is happening back home here in the US. We have another strongman who built his whole political career on acting tough and saying he's the alpha male only to tuck tail and start acting completely beta when things get tough. Our former president Trump canceled his big evidence reveal because he's afraid of saying the wrong thing. He is not showing to the first debate when he already has an enormous lead. He should just sweep the floor with everyone.

Any alpha would absolutely CHERISH the opportunity to get on stage and show his opponents who the boss is, who the alpha is. You're gonna run against ME? You're crazy. I'm gonna get on that stage and show everybody why I have a 40 point lead. No one can intimidate me, no one can break my composure. No one can make me less confident. I am the alpha. In fact, by the time I'm done here, two of you are going to drop out of the race after the first debate. Maybe three of you. Because you're going to realize you have a better chance of swimming to Mars than beating me.

That is alpha, that is what a real alpha would do. Trump is showing himself, just like Putin, to be very, very beta.

So where does it go from here? Can a strongman leader go back to being alpha once they wet themselves in front of everyone?

I am expecting another very beta move from Trump in the very near future: he canceled his debate appearance but he will absolutely use the time to tweet against those people as they are live on stage. I absolutely expect him to do this, and it will be a show of weakness. Instead of showing up on stage as he should, he will punch at people from behind their backs, tweeting on his social media instead of giving someone a chance to reply in real time.

In no way, shape, or form will this be a showing of strength. This is a beta move.

What do you folks think? Is an alpha someone who can go back and forth or is an alpha always the alpha? How does it work in the animal kingdom, can an alpha wolf take a break, lose some fights and retreat, and then come back to be the pack leader once again?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
He's toast as soon as he leaves the country, he knows that.

What do you folks think?

Only someone really stupid would marvel about him being a "strongmen" or not, when the consequences of said "strongmenship" are either an assassination aka tragic accident or dragged to Den Haag.

🙄

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He obviously doesn't want his country to nuke the planet or he would go. Since if he was assassinated abroad, his generals would let those tsar bombas loose. Maybe you should thank him.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't think they see Putin as that important. He can be replaced. They're not going to guarantee the total destruction of Russia, not to mention half the planet, for one man.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
He obviously doesn't want his country to nuke the planet or he would go. Since if he was assassinated abroad, his generals would let those tsar bombas loose. Maybe you should thank him.

Most of his generals are, and would be, too drunk to remember how to launch those nukes.

The few who weren't, already know that most of the nukes are duds, due to decades of neglect, and would likely try to make some profit of their own by selling the few working nukes that remain, to North Korea.

Prigozhin (if he is still "above ground") would then roll into Moscow and try to take over....But the Oligarchs who were sanctioned for standing with Putin, and likely forced him to "walk the green mile" to South Africa, will push back against Prigozhin to get their billions back.

Chaos ensues, Russia implodes, and the Russian people will, again shrug their shoulders and await the next disaster.
edit on 20-8-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I don't think they see Putin as that important. He can be replaced. They're not going to guarantee the total destruction of Russia, not to mention half the planet, for one man.

Well, we already know the incompetence of USA leaders would likely escalate that so the theory could be tested.

I wouldn't gamble on that if they do attempt some assassination. Russia love or hate Putin, he isn't some pissant to take bets on his willingness to use his nuclear arsenal. Western leaders are really afraid of their money laundering ops in Ukraine being exposed as factual and undeniable plastered on every news feed on the planet.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Likely true, but who knows really?

Every government has its war hawks, what if some of the Duma doesn't feel nice and secure without Putin?

At the very least they could pound the hell out of Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Im all about Russian wimmims 📞 me

top topics

join