It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Health Officials - Transgender 'Tweaks' Should Be Paid by Taxpayers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
An influential medical panel in Canada says that transgender 'tweaks' should be taxpayer funded. How long until all the procedures are called to be taxpayer funded? I'm guessing not long. This is what universal health care looks like and what could be coming to the USA if the left has it's way.

Daily Mail - Transgender Tweaks Should Be Funded by Taxpayers Influential Medical Panel Says

Minor aesthetic procedures for transgender individuals should be publicly funded, according to health officials in Canada.

An editorial by doctors from the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) suggests taxpayer money should pay for adjustments like hair removal and facial injectables.

'Minimally invasive procedures such as facial injectables and hair removal warrant consideration for public health care funding across Canadian jurisdictions,' wrote Dr Katie Ross and Dr Sarah Fraser, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Canada has universal health coverage funded through its Medicare health system.

Currently, only Manitoba and Yukon in Canada offer coverage for hair removal. Yukon also covers facial feminization surgeries.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan2

Um, last time I checked, the US military is taxpayer funded and said military has a transgender transformation program. For some, it's the ultimate enlistment bonus!

For the country, it's like sunlight to a vampire. We are being systematically weakened in every way possible. Progressives mistakenly think that this is progress.

Sidenote: Just this passed Saturday my sister, who never watches MSM, but has Facebook so I guess she has challenges, suddenly started being irritated by Trump. I was like, since when?

She is very apolitical and doesn't concern herself with any of it but just recently Trump is a problem?!! Not even a mention about the myriads of factual evidence against Biden, Inc. Nope.

Trump is now under her skin apparently. I mean, is it a frequency we're not exposed to by not watching MSM or getting our news from Facebook of all places??? I considered her very strong minded as well but she bit and is now "outraged".

🙄

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Amazing...taxpayers paying for sex changes while cancer patients are destitute due to medical expenses.

Maybe not in Canada with ....

www.canada.ca...

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Certain types of laser hair removal is a pre-surgery NECESSITY to avoid complications, and if they destroy the hair follicle in 2-3 sessions @ $293 per session, it won't be an ongoing thing, or ongoing taxpayer expense.

Canada's public health also includes necessary hair removal as deemed medically necessary for many other situations.

As for other surgeries, they have to be deemed medically necessary for taxpayers to foot the bill.

The two doctors opinion piece is just that an opinion piece and the government does not now pay for facial hair removal nor facial injections for transgender people.
edit on q00000051831America/Chicago2323America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

What about boob jobs and face lifts? Liposuction? Tummy tucks?

How about if I "identify" as the other gender, do I get those for "free"?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Um, last time I checked, the US military is taxpayer funded and said military has a transgender transformation program. For some, it's the ultimate enlistment bonus!

YEP

Military Daily News

Transgender soldiers can openly serve in the Army and the force will provide hormone theropy, mental health care and surgeries they might require, according to a force-wide memo issued out last week.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yup, the military considers it a necessity, obviously.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

For a US transgender population of ~1.6% ??

That's not necessity, that's sabotage.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Certain types of laser hair removal is a pre-surgery NECESSITY to avoid complications, and if they destroy the hair follicle in 2-3 sessions @ $293 per session, it won't be an ongoing thing, or ongoing taxpayer expense.

Canada's public health also includes necessary hair removal as deemed medically necessary for many other situations.

As for other surgeries, they have to be deemed medically necessary for taxpayers to foot the bill.

The two doctors opinion piece is just that an opinion piece and the government does not now pay for facial hair removal nor facial injections for transgender people.

There is no need to defend the indefensible.
Whoever wants 'transgender' care they can pay for themselves. The tax payer has absolutely no obligation or the will to pay for the beliefs in the other gender, through hormones, 'blockers', removal of hair, and butchering of genitalia.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Whoever wants 'transgender' care they can pay for themselves. The tax payer has absolutely no obligation or the will to pay for the beliefs in the other gender, through hormones, 'blockers', removal of hair, and butchering of genitalia.

Just giving the facts of the matter.
edit on q00000051831America/Chicago5858America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

By defending the indefensible...
But what facts?
edit on 14-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
F that, Canadians can't even get regular health care right now, no doctors, not enough nurses, extremely long waits in emergency.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

For a US transgender population of ~1.6% ??

That's not necessity, that's sabotage.

Well, they consider it a necessity for fewer than 10 soldiers, it appears.

Transgender people are significantly more likely to serve in the US military than the general US population.[176][177] According to 2014 estimates from the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law and Public Policy, despite the ban on military service, about 21.4% of the total transgender population in the US is estimated to have served in the military. In May 2014, an estimated 15,500 transgender individuals served on active duty or in the Guard or Reserve forces.[22]

About 32% of transgender individuals in the US who are assigned male at birth serve or have served in the military, compared to 5.5% for transgender individuals who are assigned female at birth.[22] According to the 2014 study, "[t]he American military employs more transgender people than any other organisation in the world: around 15,500...more than 6,000 of whom are on active duty."[178]

A 2016 workplace and gender relations survey found 9,000 US military service members consider themselves transgender individuals.[179] In 2019, the United States Department of Defense states that 1,400 service members have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and fewer than 10 service members were receiving gender reassignment surgery.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Facts are facts.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
F that, Canadians can't even get regular health care right now, no doctors, not enough nurses, extremely long waits in emergency.

Canadian taxpayers are not paying for anything other than genital and other types of hair removal as a pre-surgical medical necessity or as deemed a necessary medical procedure. The OPs article is just the opinion of two doctors and nothing may come of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

The OPs article is just the opinion of two doctors and nothing may come of it.

Good, I sincerely hope nothing comes of it. Our health care system has all but collapsed. Cosmetic procedures of any kind should not be covered right now. I would rather see cancer patients get help, heart patients, elderly who need hip replacements. Right now, we are sending cancer patients to Bellingham for treatment, this would of been unheard of just a few years ago. If I had to see a doctor, it would be a good 2 weeks if I'm lucky. This country is turning into a bad joke.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Listen I identify as young; so I think you all should be paying for my plastic surgery so that my body and my body imagine match. If you disagree your just a bigot.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Facts are facts.

What are the facts??
That 'patients' want to remove their hair or want a feminine voice. This is a result of their delusional state of mind.

None of us should be paying for this.

Instead, funding exists for psychotherapy which is appropriate for these cases.

It's quite ironic to discuss about facts when refering to transgenderism. These two things are incompatible.
edit on 14-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Listen I identify as young; so I think you all should be paying for my plastic surgery so that my body and my body imagine match. If you disagree your just a bigot.

And phobic...

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Canadian taxpayers are not paying for anything other than genital and other types of hair removal as a pre-surgical medical necessity or as deemed a necessary medical procedure. The OPs article is just the opinion of two doctors and nothing may come of it.

Don't try to justify the attempts made to pass the bill to Canadians to 'treat' the delusions of some people who want to be other gender.

Your apologetic statement this may not happen is not even correct as it happens already in parts of Canada

Public funding for such procedures, which are currently funded in only two jurisdictions in Canada, warrants serious consideration in all provinces and territories,' the authors concluded.

They want to make it publicly funded in the entire Canada.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join