It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy destroyers to Aleutians after 11 Chinese, Russian military vessels spotted nearby

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's really bad when our soldiers would rather serve in the North Korean military than Joe Biden's military.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

War games happen all the time, and always have. Incursions into our waters and airspace have happened time and again was well.

This just seems like a recycled russiagate thing only for the other side.

Biden’s a horrible president, and there is plenty of policy to criticize. But I’m hard pressed to see how Russia would be a fan of him right now. And everything happening over there has put China in an awkward situation as well, I’m sure they’d much prefer trading with the west than supporting Russia.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Why's everyone in this thread so pissed off???

Yeesh!

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why are you so annoyed that I believe Biden is compromised?

There is WAY more smoke on the Biden fire than with Russia Russia, and we got drug thru that false investigation.

Also, there is WAY more reason to believe Biden used foreign aid for personal purposes and they impeached Trump for even ASKING about that. SMOKE???? There's your confession/brag that the dumpster fire is REAL.

So keep your blinders on and call a mod if you think I'm off topic.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: putnam6

Think you mind is getting a little fuzzy here.

I stated my first post that there was a Russia and China sail past last year. Here is another source from 2022.

Quite frankly, i don't know what you are talking about.

LOL its possible Im only human, I'll try and be more concise to make sure my posts aren't as ambiguous as they seem to be

It could be because your first post is suggesting something I personally posted, and the second was about information in an article. Regardless I wasn't even referring to it being an ominous development in the opening post, just posting the news on a topic that interests me, I posted an article about Gerald R. Ford as they transited the English Channel, as well as when the US Navy sailed the Taiwanese straight in January, pretty sure I commented when the Chinese aircraft carrier sailed the Taiwan straight last year. Perhaps I should have put it in another forum because I was not suggesting an Alaskan invasion was imminent.

To confuse me even further... we got one source suggesting they don't even know the identity of the 11th ship and the way it's worded they identified the Chinese ships but not the Russian ones

news.usni.org...

“This is a stark reminder of Alaska’s proximity to both China and Russia, as well as the essential role our state plays in our national defense and territorial sovereignty. Incursions like this are why we are working so hard to secure funding and resources to expand our military’s capacity and capabilities in Alaska, and why our colleagues must join us in supporting those investments,” reads the release.

There has been no information released on the identities of the 11 ships. The 11th ship is possibly a Russian Navy ship operating in those waters, though it could also be a PLAN ship on an independent deployment or a Russian or Chinese survey ship operating in the Bering Sea.

A Friday news release by Russia’s Ministry of Defense said the flotilla was currently in the Bering Sea. “The ships’ crews have already passed the Sea of Japan, La Pérouse Strait, the Sea of Okhotsk and Kamchatka Strait. Seamen of the two countries have practiced joint tactical maneuvering, conducted communications training and carried out helicopter landings and take-offs from the decks of each other’s ships.In total, the squadron has passed more than 2,300 nautical miles since the start of the patrol,” reads the release.

The statement also said that a joint anti-submarine exercise took place in the south-western part of the Bering Sea, with a mock submarine target successfully detected and subsequently destroyed by anti-submarine rockets. China’s Ministry of National Defense has been largely silent on the joint patrol, only issuing a statement on July 26 saying that Chinese and Russian naval vessels were set to hold a third joint maritime patrol in the western and northern waters of the Pacific Ocean. “This operation does not target any third party, and has nothing to do with the current international and regional situation,” reads the statement

Hopefully, this concludes our interaction in regard to this thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Way to do your usual distortion of things. He was facing disciplinary action, and chose to run instead of face jail time.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It doesn’t annoy me as I think it distracts from actual productive discourse.

And I don’t have blinders. It’s obvious the Biden family has had questionable business dealings with foreign companies. But that’s different than calling someone a foreign agent, just like Trump.

So Hunter had the ties with Chinese and Ukrainian companies. Jared Kushner had dealings with the Saudis and even the royal family there. Trump also has direct business interests in China and maintains a bank account there. Would I go so far to say he’s an agent of China? No, not without evidence, especially if his policy seems to contradict that since he started the conversation on reliance to China… which, Biden has continued. There’s been a decoupling from China (even if it’s slower than many of us wish) and even sanctions on chips that use US technology, something that could hold a country back from the advances lots of the western world enjoys.

So just because a theory has traction in mainstream circuits like “Trump is a Russian pawn” or “Biden is a Russian pawn”, doesn’t mean they actually have material support. The ideas are salacious, so they sell. They don’t need to prove it, and would likely rather it doesn’t get proven one way or the other or then it wouldn’t still sell.

As for the war games, again, this is something that has happened and will continue to. There were Chinese incursions near Hawaii under multiple admins. Russia has buzzed our airspace for decades. We do the same to both of them. I don’t see how trying to connect that to the current admin as proof of treasonous activity does anything, because if we trend that out, everyone was an agent of another country.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
If indeed it turns out that our POTUS has taken bribes from foreign countries, and that those bribes have effected our foreign policy:

What should the penalty for those involved be?

This is a serious question. I'm not playing.

IMO, death.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So you get all twisted up over me going off topic, but you cant resist Trump and Jared.

So back on topic:

Yes, I have heard stories from all the people I've ever known in the Navy playing chicken with Russian vessels, passing close enough that everyone lines up on deck and throws them all the 3rd finger salute. Both directions.

And spy balloons floating over unimpeded happens everyday too.

Nothing to see here.

The problem is, if we do have a compromised POTUS, then there is plenty to see here. And I don't CARE if Trump did it too. He isn't in charge right now and is facing multiple indictments.

So why cant we talk about the dumpster fire called Joe and Hunter, his pitiful junkie bagman. If Joe would do this with his own son, do you think he gives a fig about you or me or anyone?

Whatever.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I’m not “all twisted”, I think my remarks have been pretty calm.

I guess I’m failing to see your connections. While them encroaching on US waters is certainly newsworthy, I can’t see how it’s tying in to allegations they’re in control of our government 💁‍♂️

But, you have every right to your opinion and to discuss it. I merely challenged it, that’s all.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What do you think 'compromised POTUS' means?

You just blow it off, like no big deal. Other than being touchy about someone not feeling so very safe from our enemies enough to mention the issue.

And sorry, but you objected enough to my comment that you would have liked to see it removed due to off topic.

Well, I've shown how it isn't. Ok with you?

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)

Is still scrambling to try and fix her image in alaska, she knows she only got reelected thanks to Mitch and his Super pac and some good home cooking with scam choice voting... err I mean Rank.

I wouldnt be surprised to see her be out front more on a lot of things to try and prove she is doing things "for" alaska.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You just blow it off, like no big deal. Other than being touchy about someone not feeling so very safe from our enemies enough to mention the issue.

One of us definitely seems touchy.

Also, I never implied your comment should have been removed. I asked you a question, you answered, and then I responded.

It’s ok man, just a conversation.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"It is not clear that King, 23, who was scheduled to return to Fort Bliss, Texas, wants to return to US soil. He was released from two months’ detention on assault charges, including damaging a police car, on 10 July and could face additional military disciplinary actions and discharge from the service on his return to the US, according to the Associated Press."

From your source.

What has this got to do with Biden?

Not everything does, you know?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
If indeed it turns out that our POTUS has taken bribes from foreign countries, and that those bribes have effected our foreign policy:

What should the penalty for those involved be?

This is a serious question. I'm not playing.

make them swim the beiring straight?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join