It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Scientists Develop New 'Cancer-Stopping Pill' That Can 'Annihilate' Tumors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Now this is some good news! I don't understand the science entirely because I only just started reading, but the drug selectively targets cancer cells to interrupt the rebuilding/repair and inhibit cell division. Or something. I will just let the article and paper speak for itself, and it came with a cool picture too! City of Hope is a top national cancer treatment organization that spent the past twenty years working on this.

The City of Hope-developed small molecule AOH1996 targets a cancerous variant of the protein PCNA. In its mutated form, PCNA is critical in DNA replication and repair of all expanding tumors. Image shows untreated cancer cells (L) and cancer cells treated with AOH1996 (R) undergoing programmed cell death (violet). (Courtesy of City of Hope)

ZeroHedge
That’s according to their preclinical research findings, published Aug. 1 in the Cell Chemical Biology journal.

Titled “Small Molecule Targeting of Transcription-Replication Conflict for Selective Chemotherapy,” the study found that a drug the researchers developed was able to selectively disrupt DNA replication and repair in cancer cells.

The drug is called AOH1996. It was named after Anna Olivia Healey, who was born in 1996 and died of a rare form of cancer called neuroblastoma when she was 9 years old.

Linda Malkas, a senior author of the new study based at the City of Hope, has been developing the drug over the past two decades.

City of Hope is a private, non-profit clinical research center, hospital, and graduate school in Duarte, California. It’s one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the United States.

According to a press release from City of Hope, the AOH1996 “appears to annihilate all solid tumors.”

Now that research has demonstrated promising results in cell and animal models, the new drug is being tested in humans in a Phase 1 clinical trial, Ms. Malkas said in a statement.

This video has a good explanation and illustrations explaining this process voiced by a pleasant-sounding Indian woman.

I just hope this does not turn people into the crazy zombies from Will Smith's I am Legend, as something like this is exactly what led to the death of mankind and mutated the survivors into rage type zombie killers.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I saw something like this years ago...they basically coated a molecule that prevents reproduction of a cell in a protein that cancer eats as food. Wonder if this is from the same project.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

saw it posted on RN3 by infolurker who I am sure posts on ATS also

The medicine, AOH1996, has been called a 'cancer killer'

unfortunatly for my wife who passed away in January 2023 from brain cancer it has come to late, she leaves behind myself and our son

Mi amor TC forever in my heart

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown
what? infolurker is barely active on ATS anymore. I guess he preferred RN3. Bah, Infolurker, I always enjoy your posts! Get back over here and give me some more reading material.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Star and flag for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

My immediate reaction:

If it comes from big pharma I DO NOT TRUST IT.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Please God the drug company's don't overprice it, sit on it or otherwise make it disappear.

For those of us that lost those we love to cancer it is painful because we just wish it had been around when our loved ones had to die from that terrible disease.

But for the children today and future generations it offers a hope to end one of the worlds greatest killers and end the premature deaths that cancer causes.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Just letting you know infolurker was banned.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

youtu.be...

William Li has it even better. He's been studying what foods kill off cancer.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I read somewhat on this medicine they are talking about and I am not sure it will work as expected. I think it may also effect normal cell replication too much. There were some parts of this research that were ignoring some kinds of potential problems in the parameters of the research.

Without knowing what they were ignoring to test for, it is hard to know how many people will have bad side effects.

I hope it does pan out to work as intended, but I won't accept it as real until I can see some diverse research parameters being researched.

I will wait and see what develops with this, if I got cancer, I would not be getting that treatment. I know food chemistries that can retard growth and even reverse it a little bit and I would bet a few of these chemistries fueled the ideas to design the drug being investigated here.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

They're going to have to come up with things to stop cancer if there's any truth to the green monkey SV40 cancer causing virus being needlessly put into the C10 vaccine.

Lots of doctors are reporting on unprecedented numbers of 'turbo cancers' since 2021.

Gates just threw some 90 million at development of an mRNA cancer vaccine, along with millions from WHO, NIH and others.

They're not going to be able to hide the firestorm of cancer cases, so they'll have to tie it into climate change, a new virus, unforeseen plastic toxicity or maybe a combination of everything they can come up with, and if they have a vaccine to 'save' us maybe they'll get away with yet another lie.

I wonder how many new millionaires will emerge every 30 minutes when they roll out the cancer treatments.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What is RN3?

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Quite the news if proven true. I'm reminded of my medical training: a growrh can be...a...

Tumor
Growth
Cyst
Postural
Pustpular
Pollips
Structures
Nodes
Pimples...among others

Under the headings of Tumor or Growths..all the above
edit on 08230931America/ChicagoSun, 06 Aug 2023 09:25:09 -050025202300000009 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

rogue-nation3, a site used by ATS members when ATS goes offline , users get banned etc

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

What is RN3?

Ye me too, i googled it but nothing about forums etc...

Anybody ?

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Ahh thankyou

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions
It has kind of become an alternative school/leper colony that doubles as a bomb shelter for current and former ATS members. Lots of classic minds are present, preserving some long time forged friendships. But I am just some anonymous Internet AI bot, so I am either here or disappear.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Question will be.... how long before Pfizer or Merck bye up City of Hope, shutting down their cash cow killer?!

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
SOunds like great news. I lost my wife to neuroblastoma which had quickly travelled through sinus area into the brain. Surgery was attempted but the bleeding was too severe.

<<   2 >>

join