It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A quick post, won't get into the grime on this one today. Skip to the end for a lifting message.

So, the crux of the OP, I've finished reading The Fourth Turning in complete today, and I decided to do some research. I posed a question to myself, "in the sequence of the four generation theory, where do I fall?"

For those that don't know the theory, or have read any material on it, I'll sum it up in a simple quote:

“Hard times create strong men,
strong men create good times,
good times create weak men,
and weak men create hard times.”

Lets look at some charts;

This is the generational theory in a nutshell with no dates attributed.

Dates attributed.

Lets break it down in the context of America;

Start of the Revolutionary War - April 19, 1775
Start of the Civil War - April 12, 1861 [85 years, 11 months, 24 days]
Start of the Second World War - September 1, 1939 [78 years, 4 months, 20 days]
To today [83 years, 10 months, 30 days]

Today, we are stepping twords the crisis era, the same as our founding fathers were approaching their crisis point, or the culmination of Bleeding Kansas and the treachery that happened leading up to the civil war on both sides and the complete breakdown of society.

So, what I really wanted to mention, because it effects me as a millennial being born in 1991, we are of the same generation as George Washington, Ulysses Grant, Omar Bradley, and all the brave heroes of World War 2. We, the millennial class, share something with our generational ancestors.

We are the hubristic, selfless, rational and competent generation who would be willing to storm the beaches in a hail of gunfire to stop a genocide from ongoing or to tell the most powerful man on the world that we prefer coffee, or the willingness to die for the dignity of all men.

For certain, one of us, maybe you.... will be the one to change this world for the better. So it's been prophesied.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks.
I'll have to ponder upon the wisdom that you just shared.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Thanks.

haha not much wisdom, just an observation

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyNeutr0n

originally posted by: musicismagic
Thanks.

haha not much wisdom, just an observation

With an observation that is focus, one can aquire the wisdom to become a leader/good parent and lead a path of a righteous person in life.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n
The following video is on "Why America will have its own French Revolution." Agree or disagree there might be some interesting points made for consideration.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
History is packed full of stories where one person makes a difference that changes the world, it's just usually for the worse🤷

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FishsticksAndKetchup

I feel the same way about my generation, we’re the last of the outgoing and the first of the incoming. I don’t really identify with anything tho, I’m a standalone product of everything.

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FishsticksAndKetchup

At least they did something

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

We are the hubristic, selfless, rational and competent generation who would be willing to storm the beaches in a hail of gunfire to stop a genocide from ongoing or to tell the most powerful man on the world that we prefer coffee, or the willingness to die for the dignity of all men

These are NOT the millennials I know. None of those traits are remotely close to Millennials or GenZ. (speaking as a millennial myself)

Most millennial "men"(boys) are limp wristed and timid.
edit on 8/1/2023 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
These are NOT the millennials I know. None of those traits are remotely close to Millennials or GenZ. (speaking as a millennial myself)

Most millennial "men"(boys) are limp wristed and timid.

Only time will tell, the oldest millenial is about 40 years old, and Generation X won't hand over the reigns until we take it from their cold dying hands.

In the face of struggle and adversity, would the Millennial generation step up to the plate if the world demanded it? I think they would (Tea partiers, MAGA, Occupy Wall St ect). The generation that bore the brunt of hard times created by weak men, financial meltdowns still lingering in our minds, a hopeless future...Fast forward, Gen Z growing up in the cyber age where everything is accessible...We know struggle, and we know adversity more than any generation.

I agree, there's a lot of weak individuals in the world, a lot of weak spirited people, and it's definitely not black and white as I present it because even the 3 movements mentioned earlier eventually crashed and dried up. Alas, I still think our savior will be of the millennial generation.
edit on J04823 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

join