It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World In My Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Because of problems in my own life, I have this alternate world I have created in my head where things are slightly (ok a lot) better. Recently that alternate world has been in my dreams, and its almost like I'm living in that world--till I wake up. I had a total brain fart this morning when I woke up: what if I died in my sleep, would I stay in that worldlike its my new reality?. I remember reading some esoteric stuff when I was much younger that basically said that you create your own reality, I know it wasnt in this same context, but just wondering...

Not sure if this will go anywhere in regards to a discussion, but I would like to hear your own thoughts on this.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess

I found the movie Mr nobody very entertaining and well done to adress the topic.

In multiverse terms you could be dying at every occasion possible. Doesn't matter, so long there is one left.

Maybe you can go to any place when you die, so long there is compatible consciousness.
edit on 9-7-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Who am I or anybody else to tell you yes or no in answer to your question?
Is it a possibility?
if I wanted I could fully full on suppose and deep dive into theories to back my supposing…
But that would be self serving and in short do nothing to benefit you…
This World today… It’s in a sorry state…
I instead say this to you…
Enjoy the World you have chosen to create even if it only persists while you sleep…
But when you’ve had enough of pretending do everything in your power to change the waking world in which you live in…
You may just end up waking up enough people to help you…
Best of luck!
edit on 9-7-2023 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think therefore you are and the universe is .

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess
Because of problems in my own life, I have this alternate world I have created in my head where things are slightly (ok a lot) better. Recently that alternate world has been in my dreams, and its almost like I'm living in that world--till I wake up. I had a total brain fart this morning when I woke up: what if I died in my sleep, would I stay in that worldlike its my new reality?. I remember reading some esoteric stuff when I was much younger that basically said that you create your own reality, I know it wasnt in this same context, but just wondering...

Not sure if this will go anywhere in regards to a discussion, but I would like to hear your own thoughts on this.

I certainly hope that we don't stay in our dream state when we die during sleep. I personally don't remember my dreams 99% of the time so would have no idea what that would look like. Think about all the people who have nightmares the majority of times, what would that mean for them?!

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Your reality is what you make of it. If you like the one you speak of then live it. Just never step on others toes and know your limits that can blur the lines and have unintended consequences.
Be happy and allow others to do the same.
No harm no foul.
edit on 9-7-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The first step in reaching any goal is to define it. With a clearer picture of what you want out of life, it will help you find it. You probably wont exactly reach all of what you picture in this alternative reality as these pictures do change over time. As for some of the important parts, maybe you can drag both of these realities closer together and help actually make both places a lot better.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 04:20 AM
link   

People tend to dismiss the imagination as mere fantasy all to often, yet our collective imagination is the reality we find ourselves in. Our society, our technology, our laws, all our human construct began in our imagination, we created it.

Also how we perceive reality is our choice to a certain degree, for example some take criticism like water off a ducks back as it were, others will dwell and stew over it, over analysing things and letting it bother them. Some people enjoy things others really don’t, so in this way our reality is how we choose to perceive it.

So therefore by changing our attitude towards things and what we choose to focus on, we change our perception of reality.

By using the tool of your imagination you can manifest that into reality, and by changing how you perceive things, you change how you are affected by reality.

The real work and goal is in becoming the best version of yourself you can be.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I have to ask, would you be willing to give an age group you belong to and how well do you sleep?
You should atleast one time a week have some slight memory of a plot to a dream. If you don’t then perhaps you are not getting a full night's sleep.
I am no expert, just regurgitating what my therapist told me some time many years ago.
The wife has final say when it comes to my sleep aids. A certain medication had me trying to trap a rabbit in my fridge.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I've died a few times within dreams so I'd assume we tend to wake up. Unless you mean actually dying IRL whilst you dream? Who knows? As far as I'm aware nobody is allowed to come back and share.

You wouldn't be alone in considering dreamscapes as alternate realities, I do wonder if we are alone within dreams we create although admittedly I'd have to say is that any different than actual reality? You only know you are real... We could be simulations

Dreams can be shared and reality can be shared. That brings up a question for me about consciousness, is brain activity a consequence of consciousness or is it the other way round? Existence after death would be intrinsic to that question so at a guess I would say the same thing would apply to dream states too. I genuinely can't say if dreams stop when we wake and I can't say if existence stops when we die.

Dreams could be a shared consciousness for all I know. If that's the case we could all be living 1000 lives simultaneously, statements like that come with many questions too... A big one would be "Is human consciousness linear?" It seems to be for the individual but what if there's collections of individuals?

I want to use an analogy that says consciousness is a tree until self awareness is initiated and then you become a leaf upon a branch of that tree. When the leaf is lost the tree still lives.. I'm not sure if that works in what I'm trying to say and it probably comes off as deterministic. Meh, it's the best I've got for now. Probably doesn't answer anything either...

link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

I'm old, lol, 62 but I haven't remembered my dreams for decades and even when I was remembering them they were few and far between. I get plenty of sleep, normally 7 - 9 hours, take no medications, am generally healthy, etc. I have unseriously considered doing a sleep study in the past though to just be assured that everything's ok because everyone else seems to remember theirs!
I'm curious what my brain is up to when I'm asleep!

link   

You're right about nightmares, I had them for years and would not want them to be an eternity, but recently its been this alter world, and by creating it in my conscious state Im getting it in my unconscious state.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Its not a reality that is able to be lived in, a few major events did and did not happen. I dont want to really elaborate, sorry.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Some substances help us dream so it's a good conclusion to say it works the other way around too. The plant that's slowly being decriminalised or legalised around the world is pretty good for stopping dream memory.

I'd assume the case is a lack of memory most of the time, I don't remember most of mine but I do get dream flashbacks.

Plenty of relatively cheap devices that record sleep stages these days, REM is deep sleeping and some people have problems getting there. As you probably know chemicals can help but they won't help with memory.

Breaking routines during the day works, seems to be more about memory than anything else. I think it was Carl Jung who used to take naps with a heavy weight in his hand, being suddenly woken can help too if you wanted to go a looking. Alarms won't work as you need to be snapped out of deep sleep without an ongoing distraction for that technique to work
edit on 9-7-2023 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I'm so glad for you. Keep it up, just don't let yourself slip as far as not knowing "reality" from "creation". I'm not sure exactly what you're meaning when saying "alter world". I do know, for a fact, that how we perceive (think about) situations in our lives (reality) affects the outcomes of the situations either positively or negatively. I'm not sure if you're mean this or that you're actually creating a different reality to live in in your mind. I'm not an expert, but the later doesn't seem healthy to me. The brain is amazing, huh?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
" Unless you mean actually dying IRL whilst you dream? "

Yeah, like I once died from an overdose and was like ghost me for a moment, but I knew I was od'ing, I'm thinking like I dont know I died IRL and just stayed in this dream state--like elderly people sleep alot, are their minds preparing for death?.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Yeah, like those turnong points where if it went the other way things would be different, not like some weird MMORPG world with like dragons and #--not even mutant alien shapeshifting reptilians in the royal family.

ETA: The rest of the world basicaally goes along the same lines other than events in my life, there was still 911 and Covid and tigers and bears
edit on 9-7-2023 by BeTheGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Ive never seen that movie, but I'll put it on the to0watch list. As for consious after death, I have had an NDE after an oversose so my experience suggests to me that we still do have conciousness after loss of life. I did a lot of reading about NDEs after that episode and it did shape my opinion that peoples NDEs are reflective of their own understandings, or lack theirof. If your experience of the afterlife is shaped by your own mindset, and you "re-write" that mindset to a "better" reality--is heaven in the mind so to speak?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
life is meant to be a struggle.... welcome adversity

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
life is meant to be a struggle.... welcome adversity and challenges
edit on th31168890229909312023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join