It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSB Starts criminal proceedings against Prigozhin for "the Organization of Armed Insurrection"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

Weren't all you Ukrainian backers saying Wagner was full of "Nazis"?

Yes, and yes they are.

However it's enjoyable watching villians turn on each other, and hope they get rid of each other so sanity in Russia can be restored, after such a long long time.

It may then even be welcomed back into the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Wagner Group is full of criminals, rapists, murderers, and thieves, no two ways about those facts.

My bet is there are a right good few neo-Nazis amongst their ranks.

See the sad fact of the matter is that most nations share a problem where the likes of neo nazis are concerned whether or not care to admit the fact or otherwise.

Anyhoo was it not that sad lying bastard Putin that invaded Ukraine under the guise of hunting the Nazis?

I'm sure he came away with that guff about the same time or soon after he was bumping his gums and telling porkies about mere military exercises on the border being nothing to worry about and in no way a prelude to invasion.

edit on 24-6-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

YES, I do remember numerous posters saying Wagner was a bunch of Nazis including their leader. So is it really a surprise then that a group of Nazis would literally, in a round about way, join all the Ukrainian Nazis and start to rebel against the Russians?!?!?

I'm sure Wagner spoke with the Ukraine Azov and said "we are all Nazis why are we fighting against eachother"

So Ukraine is going join the one force that just bloodied each brutally other the past year and a half?

Pretty sure Ukraine will use the tried and true, never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

tass.ru...

Make the right choice
Dmitry Medvedev, Deputy Head of the Security Council of the Russian Federation, called on everyone to rally around the President of Russia and prevent a split in the country, as this is "the path to the greatest tragedy, a universal catastrophe."

Read also
The Russian leadership continues to work in Moscow. Main

The President of Russia was supported by the deputies of both houses of parliament. State Duma Chairman Vyacheslav Volodin said that "the Wagner fighters must make the only right choice: to be with their people, on the side of the law, to protect the security and future of the Motherland, to follow the orders of the supreme commander."

Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill supported the efforts of the head of state aimed at preventing unrest in the country, and called on those who, having taken up arms and are ready to use them against their brethren, to think again.

The armed rebellion of Wagner PMC fighters is a betrayal of the Motherland and will be suppressed, for this the country's leadership has all the forces and means, the political will and support of the people, said Andrey Turchak, First Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council, Secretary of the General Council of the United Russia party .

Column on the march
The equipment of the Wagner PMC fighters is moving across the territory of the Lipetsk region, all measures are being taken in the region for the safety of residents, said the governor of the region Igor Artamonov.

Restricted traffic in the Kaluga region on the border with neighboring regions - Tula, Bryansk, Oryol and Smolensk regions, informed the head of the Kaluga region Vladislav Shapsha.

Russian tour operators have begun to cancel bus tours to the southern regions of Russia, the Association of Tour Operators of Russia reported.

From Sunday, bus flights from the DPR in the direction of Moscow and the Rostov region are suspended.

In the Tambov, Kaluga and Ivanovo regions, airports that are not subject to the flight restriction regime introduced in February last year operate as usual, all flights are operated as scheduled.

edit on 24-6-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If Prigo somehow succeeds in taking power (or is part of an oligarchy that does so), I wonder if they might try to negotiate a sweetheart deal with the West along the lines of, "we'll leave Ukraine if you'll lift sanctions and give us lucrative economic deals so we all get super rich (again)" ?

Bet Germany and France would hop on that solution in a heartbeat.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Freedom of Russia Legion have released a statement supporting Prigozhin.

"On the battlefield, Prigozhin and I are enemies, but now he is telling the truth: about how cowardly generals send hundreds of thousands of Russians to their deaths as cannon fodder.

"His words show that no one will put up with corruption, dictatorship, hypocrisy.

"We hope that the war of evil against evil will weaken the repressive machine and we will liberate Russia with our brothers."

Vladimir Putin has had "20 years of chances", only to use the time to "rob people in other countries, to rape civilians in Ukraine, but not to protect his people".
news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That's all anybody in their correct mind actually wants F2d5thCavv2.

I certainly hope you are correct.

Somehow i imagine all the same Putin has made Russia's bed and them the European pariah for at least the foreseeable future.

Even should Prigozhin see sense or gain power(and im inclined to believe he will be just as bad as Putin maybe even worse) that kind of stain is not apt to wash off anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

YES, I do remember numerous posters saying Wagner was a bunch of Nazis including their leader. So is it really a surprise then that a group of Nazis would literally, in a round about way, join all the Ukrainian Nazis and start to rebel against the Russians?!?!?

I'm sure Wagner spoke with the Ukraine Azov and said "we are all Nazis why are we fighting against eachother"

So Ukraine is going join the one force that just bloodied each brutally other the past year and a half?

Read the last line in my post. It's hypothetical but I could definitely believe it's happened.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: face23785

The fact is President Medvedev launched the invasion of Georgia. What you are suggesting is the same as suggesting Daddy Bush told Bush Junior to invade Iraq. Like it or not Bush Junior did the deed

It's not. Unless you've got GW on tape telling foreign leaders he'll relay the context of their conversations to Daddy.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of these things. There are lots of people here you can learn from, if you're open to learning.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yes, and yes they are.

However it's enjoyable watching villians turn on each other, and hope they get rid of each other so sanity in Russia can be restored, after such a long long time.

Unfortunately I think there are very few ways to get to that outcome. Unfavorable outcomes are most likely, whether Putin stays in power or not. This goes bad a lot of ways and goes good very few. If you pray to a deity, this would be a good time.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Most recent estimate puts the Wagner convoy about 4 hours away from Moscow , seems the road isn't closed to certain traffic.

"They are making significant progress up the M4" putting them four hours driving time away from Moscow, said Philip Ingram.

The former senior intelligence officer said "spats" have broken out between civilians who support or oppose Yevgeny Prigozhin, with fights breaking out in the streets.
news.sky.com...

Should be there before closing time.

edit on 24-6-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thunder run it is then.

I don't like the bastards but you have to admire their tenacity.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The Mayor of Moscow has urged civilians to stay home, according to some reports. This is increasingly insane. Are there really no tanks in Moscow? No blocking forces?
I knew that it had been reported that the Russian Army is a giant hot mess, but I thought that they might have even just a few officers whose brain cells connect?

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Actually one of the main reasons, if not the main reason Russia invaded was to protect the Ethnic Russian Ukrainians in Donbass and other Eastern Ukrainian areas who the Ukrainian army, Ukrainian Azovs and Nazis had been attacking and slaughtering since 2014.

Another reason for the invasion was to get Fresh water flowing in Crimea again. When Crimea joined Russia, Ukraine immediately put up a dam stopping the flow of fresh water into Crimea. These Crimean people were Ukrainian citizens one week and the very next week Ukraine thought they weren't even good enough to have fresh water.

By Ukraine building this dam and stopping the fresh water into Crimea it made life very hard for the Crimean people. All the crops were killed, farm land turned barren and even drinking water had to be brought in by Russia on Trucks if no well was available for the Crimean people.

Ukraine cut off the life blood of all humans, fresh water, to People who were just part of their country.

Ukraine wasnt "sticking it" to Russia by doing this they were "sticking it" to all the women, children, babies, farmers in Crimea who were supposedly Ukrainian citizens.

What type of government does that to essentially their own people in the 21st century?!?!

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Did you miss the bit where that dam was blown by Russia?

"What type of government does that to essentially their own people in the 21st century?!?!"

Russia?

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yes, and yes they are.

Unfortunately I think there are very few ways to get to that outcome. Unfavorable outcomes are most likely, whether Putin stays in power or not. This goes bad a lot of ways and goes good very few. If you pray to a deity, this would be a good time.

Extremely concerned about how this is gonna turn out, supposedly shooting now occurring in Rostov on Don near the headquarters. Chechen troops are now in Rostov and supposedly heading to Moscow

Notice how all's quiet on the eastern front, first time Ive saw that in a long time, and I look at the map basically everyday

tass.ru...

Highways in the Lipetsk region were dug up to completely stop the passage of vehicles
Traffic on some regional roads suspended
TASS, 24 June. Traffic on some roads of regional importance was suspended in the Lipetsk region, in some sections the road surface was intentionally damaged. This was reported on Saturday at the operational headquarters of the region.

Read also
Broadcast
Attempted armed rebellion by PMC "Wagner". Online

"Traffic has been suspended on some roads of regional importance. In a number of sections, the roadway has been deliberately damaged - dug up by excavators. Radical measures have been taken to completely stop the passage of vehicles along the highways," the report says.

According to the operational headquarters, the regional department of roads and transport has developed a plan for the restoration of the roadway. Workers will enter the facilities as soon as the situation permits. “We understand the inconvenience the residents of the region experience because of this, but safety is above all. Once again, we draw attention to the seriousness of the current situation and count on understanding,” the headquarters said.

They also called on residents of the region to provide assistance and assistance to those who cannot get home.

edit on 24-6-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Actually one of the main reasons, if not the main reason Russia invaded was to protect the Ethnic Russian Ukrainians in Donbass and other Eastern Ukrainian areas who the Ukrainian army, Ukrainian Azovs and Nazis had been attacking and slaughtering since 2014.

By that sort of logic, America should invade the UK to return Northern Ireland to the Irish.

Internal matters are not really the concern of other nations MisguidedAngel.

Another reason for the invasion was to get Fresh water flowing in Crimea again. When Crimea joined Russia, Ukraine immediately put up a dam stopping the flow of fresh water into Crimea. These Crimean people were Ukrainian citizens one week and the very next week Ukraine thought they weren't even good enough to have fresh water.

Do you mean the same Crimea Russia illegally annexed and invaded back in 2014?

By Ukraine building this dam and stopping the fresh water into Crimea it made life very hard for the Crimean people. All the crops were killed, farm land turned barren and even drinking water had to be brought in by Russia on Trucks if no well was available for the Crimean people.

Sorry, who blows up dams and had previous for blowing up the predecessor of such?

I think you may find that would be Russia.

Ukraine cut off the life blood of all humans, fresh water, to People who were just part of their country.

Well that's one way of looking at it, another is that they were responding to a Russian invasion of Crimea.

Ukraine wasnt "sticking it" to Russia by doing this they were "sticking it" to all the women, children, babies, farmers in Crimea who were supposedly Ukrainian citizens.

Bull s@it and it in no way justifies a Russian invasion, if in doubt, well ask the UN.

What type of government does that to essentially their own people in the 21st century?!?!

Same kind of government that puts people in jail for 15 years for having an opinion and voicing such that the state does not share springs to mind.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Ukrainian Azovs and Nazis had been attacking and slaughtering since 2014.

Only yesterday Prigozhin stated that was a complete pack of lies.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I wonder what it's like behind Russian lines in Ukraine at the moment , they must be aware what's going on , are we nearing a time where we start seeing Commanders and soldiers saying "F this for a game of soldiers" and getting out of Dodge ?

Last time we saw or heard from Putin was this morning then a mystery plane left Moscow , but I'm sure he's still in the Kremlin ... in spirit.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh yeah, if a widespread civil war breaks out, the ordinary troops will want to get home in a hurry ... and they'll take weapons and ammo with them.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato The Russian oligarchs have lost billions. Spending a few more to get back to business won't be a problem.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join