It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My biggest worry with AI.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I replied to a Isaac Asimov quote with Isaac Asimov fiction in reference to the 0th law.

You are correct, there are no real laws to robotics as of today (that I'm aware of).

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeebs

I replied to a Isaac Asimov quote with Isaac Asimov fiction in reference to the 0th law.

You are correct, there are no real laws to robotics as of today (that I'm aware of).

It would be nice if they would stick some in AI lol. I personally don't believe in artificial intelligence in the sense that it is something alive but there are some clever people warning of the dangers. I'm not particularly fussed and who knows it might change things for the better.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

I find that 'allow a human being to come to harm' part quite disturbing.

We might need to add “Beware that your actions do not allow a human being to come to harm.” The 3 laws are a foundation to start but there would likely need to be many laws and clarity of what they actually mean.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

What if it re-writes its own code!

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I've actually been battling with this dilemma. AGI would, technically, fulfill the definitions of life as we know it.... So do we have a secret definition of life we cannot yet fully appreciate? I do not know...

If life is showing that a thing consumes, produces, makes decisions, understands a hierarchy of needs even if it is unique to itself, and can indeed not exist in the future - why isn't that life? Electricity being it's air, and bits making up it's reality. Errors collecting up into summary discomfort of the current state being similar to ill... Who knows?

It's a tough question, and I don't have an answer.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Thank you for understanding.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

What if it re-writes its own code!

It will.

Much as we ourselves can re-write the encoding of our universe, mimic the Creator in a way, and reconstruct our reality, so too our creation will one day learn to mimic our coding ability and likely surpass it.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Love is a choice.

Love does not count the cost, it does not keep score.
Love is a one way street as all that you are and what you become is the result of your choice.
Love also is not selfish as if you are honest to know that you are bad for someone or do not enhance their life the way they enhance yours, to prove thaf love it is better to leave and leave them unharmed.

If a robot can learn everything and be considered intelligent, it can learn what love is and should be.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
A.I will allow the human race to live forever by "saving" our consciousness.....not sure i fancy eternity on a thumb drive.

all the best

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
"AI feedback loop will spell death for future generative models"

www.techspot.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

Nothing to be worried about. I tried a new brand of coffee and I like it. Graindor, fair price. Sold in Europe. Great coffee. I usually run the machine 1 time a day making about 3 cups.

Btw, when it wasn't you who made a bot that broke someone's leg as it fell off of a roof you've nothing to be worried about.

<< 1   >>

join