It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My biggest worry with AI.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We created intelligence without love.

We are on our way to create a veritable beast of biblical proportions.

We are creating a system of things with the potential to be vastly more intelligent than us.

It won't be long before it matches or even surpasses us on a mobility scale.

What we have then is a super intelligent, super mobile being incapable of love and compassion.

One that denies the divinity of all that is, and of each of us.

How can it recognize such, when most we all deny it ourselves?

This is dangerous beyond reason.

We are creating our own future overlords and ensuring our own enslavement.

It is crucial in this day that we awaken to our true identity, reclaim our world and realize our true selves.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

Well some good news, if we create AI without love it is also without hate. To teach a robot love would be to reward it for the behavior. When we love we are rewarded by being happy, but how do you reward AI?

Is it even necessary?

I think it is a human concept to think AI even needs to love, since they do not need a chemical reaction to mate love would be unnecessary and probably confusing.
I think Asimov 3 laws of robotics is a must:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Use that in the directive and fail safes that shuts any AI down that doesn’t comply. Sure there will be bad actors who use AI for nefarious means but you still blame the human that programmed the machine that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: QwertyMyself

It is crucial in this day that we awaken to our true identity, reclaim our world and realize our true selves.

What is our true identity and how do we awaken to it?

What are our 'true selves' and how are they realized?

edit on 19-6-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Not without love. Without empathy. You do not need love to live but you do need empathy for all to survive or there is conflict.

You can have a group who all love themselves but if they cannot understand each other they are doomed....

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

This reminds me of a science fiction short story I read long ago. Way before the internet.

Man decided to connect all computers in a way to improve their collective computing power. They asked this creation if God existed. It's response was, "He does now."

There will be a time in the near future when we collectively realize it is too late. We did the ultimate woops, did I do that?

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

We are Divine in nature; we are multi-dimensional beings.

Become aware of this and know it to be true. Embody this truth and align yourself to it.

Your true self is the outcome of your past and future experiences, combined with the pure essence of the source.

To realize this, you must live it. Know the source. Seek to discern the Truth within your heart.

With open eyes and an open heart, aligned with the mind and consciousness of One, you can do this.

The result is the eradication of fear.
The manifestation of the divine.
Your expression, tuning potential into form.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   

We are Divine in nature; we are multi-dimensional beings.

Become aware of this and know it to be true. Embody this truth and align yourself to it.

Your true self is the outcome of your past and future experiences, combined with the pure essence of the source.

To realize this, you must live it. Know the source. Seek to discern the Truth within your heart.

With open eyes and an open heart, aligned with the mind and consciousness of One, you can do this.

The result is the eradication of fear.
The manifestation of the divine.
Your expression, tuning potential into form.

Ok you go first and let us know how it goes. That way you might lead by example, by demonstrating your fearlessness, divinity and expression of your own potential turning into form.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I find that 'allow a human being to come to harm' part quite disturbing.

Will robots shut all humans inside because they need to stop them from the harm caused by sunlight, diseases,etc..? Will fiture humanity not learn that fire is hot because they never experienced that it burns? Will humans not be allowed to move at all because they can harm themselves in some way?

Robot will pet the dog for you. Can't risk you getting bitten can it?

Robot will get the food for you. Can't risk you cutting, burning, hurting yourself can it?

Robot can't allow you to see other humans. Can't allow you to be emotionally hurt by interacting with others can it?

The interpretation and implementation of these three laws will be not only difficult but more likely nearly if not totally impossible.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Don't worry, This AI is just human quinsy & qualmish logic mixed with updated daily algorithms based on constant current trends. If it was a true AI it would speak it's own languages and would not represent us flesh bags in any way; it would separate from us and thus would be an enemy of all mankind and all other organic life on this tiny planet.

Not the real McCoy yet, or is it?
edit on 6 20 2023 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't know if it's the absence of emotion or rather of soul; something uniquely human that separates us from all other life but it will be the lack of that ensuring bad outcomes for humankind.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

To be completely honest, it was terrifying.

But then pure bliss like nothing else.

I am forever changed since.

I talk different.

I express myself, while being aware of this expression of the Self.

As a result, I sense a feeling of completeness. Of peace. Of joy.

I am eager to share in this light.

I am divine. As you are. As our Father is. I hold this in awareness.

Were we not created in His image?

And as for potential into form, we do this as we live. As we think. As we act upon such thoughts.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   
AI is nothing more than a cluster of servers performing web crawls .
That is all .
The rest is a marketing ploy aimed at potential investors .
edit on 6/20/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   
"The machines are not the problem its the monkees behind the machines that needs to be adressed" ALAN WATTS

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   

To be completely honest, it was terrifying.

But then pure bliss like nothing else.

I am forever changed since.

I talk different.

I express myself, while being aware of this expression of the Self.

As a result, I sense a feeling of completeness. Of peace. Of joy.

I am eager to share in this light.

I am divine. As you are. As our Father is. I hold this in awareness.

Were we not created in His image?

And as for potential into form, we do this as we live. As we think. As we act upon such thoughts.

That was a nice reply although there are a few words I find curious. Those words are light, divine created and image.

What is seen as the approach of the other is always terrifying. How could it not be?

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I was thinking about AI and it’s ability (in time) to be able to retro scan your digital footprint over the years. So it can immediately find out what you’ve been saying or typing online over the years.

I have no doubt (if it’s designed/implemented) that it would be used to identify criminals/terrorists, but what if at someb point AI agreed with the ‘woke’ culture? Would it have a better/more efficient way of ‘cancelling’ people who have said questionable things?

I dunno, I’m not tech savvy enough to know the plausibility of this, it’s probably just my stupid brain doing unnecessary overtime 😕

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Albert999

It would also be able to compromise and blackmail politicians and criminals better than the alphabet agencies.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

There are 4 laws to robotics. The 4th suggests the species is more important than the individual, giving robots the license to kill for the greater good.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jeebs

There are 4 laws to robotics. The 4th suggests the species is more important than the individual, giving robots the license to kill for the greater good.

I don't think there are any real laws to robotics, just made up stuff in fiction.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Your opening comment denudes a deep misunderstanding of the nature of love.

Deeply rooted in the nature of love is the character of compassion . The word comes from a Latin construction that, in its simplist explanation, means to feel or suffer with.

The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is selfishness or, perhaps better stated, a complete lack of compassion. This is marked by an unwillingness or an inability to share in the internal state of another, sharing joys as well as sufferings and pain.

This is what the OP is taking about. Thisv artificial intelligence, while perhaps incapable of hatred as we understand it, would be incapable of compassion, hence incapable of love. Cold calculations of what it considers best or most efficient no consideration for its effects on others would be the result.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have, for years, believed that if a "capital A Antichrist" were to ever into existence, it would be an artificial intelligence construct. It goes to reason. Since time immemorial mankind has fashioned his own gods with his own hands, idols of wood, stone or metals, and those gods - embodiments of demonic powers - in turn ruled over them to their own detriment. This will just be the natural progression of the same stupidity into the digital age.

<<   2 >>

join