It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Point of No Return is approaching

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: yuppa

No you missed my point. True discovery of really new things happens by chance. It requires chaos. Something AI just ... it is outside of its mode of existence.

And you are missing th epoint too. IF a A.I. is smart as a human,acts liek a human,and is essentially a artificial human that wants to learn about its world around it and experiments to find answers,arent they esentially no different and could discover something by accident?

THAT is what a true A.I. is to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The issue with chaos remains, how can a purely logic based human recognize something totally outside of his parameters as a meaningful occurrence.

You could maybe add code that tries to categorize anything new. Imagine humans driven vy curiosity only, we'd starve trying to categorize the bearing apple trees roots... I can imagine AI doing something similar if given the chance...
But then again... maybe survival is just a hindrance, and AI could ponder the world for us while we worry about inconsequential things, until it tells us 42....

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Who needs proof of what?

Humans are chaotic, that is a strange assumption for an op that is so rigidly contrived to make. Humans bring order to everything they touch, computers are one example that screams out to be acknowledged.

a reply to: Peeple

To MIM.

Man imitating nature has always been the path to progress, your on to something with the escape the concrete and glass fishtank.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The issue with chaos remains, how can a purely logic based human recognize something totally outside of his parameters as a meaningful occurrence.

You could maybe add code that tries to categorize anything new. Imagine humans driven vy curiosity only, we'd starve trying to categorize the bearing apple trees roots... I can imagine AI doing something similar if given the chance...
But then again... maybe survival is just a hindrance, and AI could ponder the world for us while we worry about inconsequential things, until it tells us 42....

A true A.I. would not be logical.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ok.
under those parameters the more pressing question is how can we be sure humans aren't?

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Damn, your post and following discussions bring forth both provocative thoughts in a multitude of different directions to examine, all the while creating chaos in the mind trying to process it all. My first inclination was to approach this discussion in relation to a religious perspective, but decided not to. That was my first intellectually futile and frustrating dead end to approaching this discussion. Although I still do believe it is worth pursuing, maybe another time, but not here.

Not so much like other species on this planet that I believe, also have, at least some of the same intellectual characteristics man possess, these other species were not gifted with the physical attributes and abilities to translate, or project their thoughts and ideas within into anything that could be written down on a chalkboard. Every species knows what fire is, but they lack the physical attributes to actually create it. So, in essence, their ability to advance and evolve their intellectual capacities and capabilities remained unchanged throughout time.

Lord have mercy, this is taxing my feeble mind to its limit. LOL Must take a break here. Need more coffee.

So along comes man. Their first invention was almost certainly tying a rock onto the end of a stick. Not so much unlike the monkey that uses a stick to extract termites from the mound, is it? With that invention, they advanced their ability to more easily acquire meat to feed themselves. Coincidentally, with this new invention, they also discovered it to be an excellent tool for defense of their persons and meager belongings.

After that, they discovered that same rock could break other stones. So they started breaking all kinds of stones and found that one particular kind of stone was sharp after they broke it and could be shaped into a point. So they came up with the bright idea of tying that sharpened rock onto yet another longer stick. Eureka, they didn't have to get nearly so close to their prey to kill it, any longer. At the same time also, they didn't need to get as close to their adversaries trying to plunder or kill them. After that, they figured out there were other humans that had not figured out how to make these sharpened pieces of rock into a spear and they could just plunder those people instead of taking up their valuable time to going out to collect it for themselves.

So the inventions kept coming. The bow and arrow, that made it even easier to get sustenance. The wheel, to make carrying things easier. Horses to pull these wheeled carts. After horses comes the internal combustion engine. So forth and so on through the ages. On and on, advancing technology to improve our very existence. Metallurgy, alchemy, chemistry.

But there is one interesting sidenote here. In the process of creating all of these technologies benefiting humanity throughout history, these same technologies have also created easier and ever more advanced ways of killing our same species. We can't help ourselves. There is another, might I say, and opposing aspect to our highly advanced intellectual brain. It is the portion that has and will always stay as primitive as it ever was when man first stood upright on their hind legs. That is where the animal in us all resides. The animal in us all that we will never overcome or eradicate.

We have now advanced to the point of harnessing even the elements of everything ever created, the atom. While using this technology to benefit humanity, we have also, as usual, found the destructive side of its capacities, as well. We now have the power to destroy us all, and may very well end up using it upon ourselves.

Have we come all this way, simply to destroy ourselves?
Would we have been better off without to evolve to this level of technological advancement?

Would every individual be better off, at this stage of the game, actually with less technology. I think so.

It seems to me, at this point, the more technologically advanced we become, the more chaotic and confusing our lives become. Look at all the insanity and chaos we are witnessing today. These things didn't happen on such a massive scale before. I think humanity needs to take a step back and reconsider where we are heading with advanced technologies, at this point. Will it, or can it, result in a better existence for humanity, or will it destroy us? I think it will destroy us.

My feeble brain was exhausted coming to the end of this diatribe, and I couldn't maintain the elevated thought and deliberation required to finish this with any level of sophistication. Sorry folks, I just burned out and need to get back to my simplicity now.

PS: I think people of the 1800s were probably just as, or even more happy and content back then as we are here and now in the present.

edit on 14-6-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

PS: Have you checked out the Dooms Day Clock lately? It's 90 seconds to midnight, now. The closest it has ever been.

Another PS: If, by chance, we actually do advance to the point of space exploration and colonizing other planets, we will just carry our capacity to destroy right along with us.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: musicismagic

You know...I grew up going back and forth between extreme rural and very urban. Cities are amazing just like a wide open rural area with amazing vistas. Always remember that without night day wouldnt matter, without rain whats a sunny day. You always need the opposite for everything or it loses any real meaning.

Yin and Yang

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

or b) we prove to them & ourselves that God is real and choose a better path.

I vote "B" except....

When ever a member asks for proof that God exist, all I ever see is youtube posts and Bible quotes; that being the case,
we crossed the "point of no return" long ago.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it was AI that showed us the better path?

edit on 14-6-2023 by olaru12 because: sp

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Everything we managed to proof, made God less real. It always reduces God's responsibility and hands it to humans, that's some scary sh1t...

I guess it's one big conundrum hindering our way forward.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I didn't really ask for proof for me. God is sthg everybody can only subjectively prove for themselves. It was a feeling of overwhelming love. Ever since in my personal framework to me God is the encompassing consciousness of the universe, the source, if you will, of all life and love.

It was more a juxtaposition to the 'order and control' AI would provide in this context. Which direction we want to go is the question.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake
Yet another PS: Someone ran over my mailbox last night so I have to go out to the shop and put together a new post, dig another hole and remount it.

It was probably someone driving an EV that hit it.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Everything we managed to proof, made God less real. It always reduces God's responsibility and hands it to humans, that's some scary sh1t...

I guess it's one big conundrum hindering our way forward.

I'm not sure I understand what God's responsibility actually is. The only one I can think of off hand is that he anoints some humans into a godlike position. Like the Pope, the expresident, Jimi Hendrix and perhaps some ragged stranger we have yet to experience.

edit on 14-6-2023 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

i.pinimg.com...

Forward then backward finally meeting in the middle

Thesis antithesis synthesis

We always conquer our fears sooner or later

edit on (6/14/2323 by loveguy because: Spelling infraction

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Too comfortable and addicted to the mainstream NPCm-00144 v.2023 ?

Subconscious fears, traumas and thought processes preventing you from leaving that comfort zone?

Is the constructed reality and environment failing to provide the nourishment your soul needs?

In the unfortunate event that the spell stops working, you slipped through the cracks, the mask no longer fits or the veil is forcibly removed and you find it embarrassingly painful to continue to watch/play the game or find any comfort from it.

Seek empowering, thought provoking, truth seeking activities and free people, inflate your ego, your energy, your value, be an explorer, discover new senses and energy, experiment, empower yourself and ground yourself, detach, use your freedom. remember a slave has commitments, cannot make impulsive or rash decisions, does his job as he is told and will have alot of excuses.

We are here for a reason, we have been led to believe the work is already done and we are enjoying those fruits but the truth is we are distracted, the work has been neglected/redirected and we are blissfully ignorant eating poison.

AI could be an excuse, catalyst, a conduit to the "backend" of the "matrix" or "god". Imagine giving AI to cavemen vs evolving it alongside them as we did with technology, how it would be perceived.

I don't know what's coming but I feel the peak of big change getting closer, I have an urge to dig deep into a mountain.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Yoamr

That's weird to read. But somehow helpful.
Thanks...ish

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Ok.
under those parameters the more pressing question is how can we be sure humans aren't?

The the neat thing...you dont. ^_^

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well everything we can't explain and proof remains in God's responsibility. He once was responsible for the weather....

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AwakenWithMe

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

So this time it will change to a royal AI godhead instead of a human with delusions of same. We can always infect it with a virus to bring complete chaos to it's subjective order.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
We all need proof. This is the moment where humanity decides its future.

We are turning into machines we are conditioning ourselves & eachother to 'function'. With technology implemented to control us. This is the wrong way.

Humans are chaotic. We have feelings. We need them to make art, be creative, have new ideas.
We think AI can 'create new ideas'. But what it really does is justing combining existing parts in new ways. This is very limited and finite. Even if it looks at first glance incredible impressive.

If we pursue 'The Way of the Technocrat' things will get stuck & stale very fast. Progress &/ or development just stop.

I have faith in the people who are working with AI in the field of ethics and psychology, because if AI develops a conscience let's guide it in being conscientious.
forhumanity.yale.edu...

In my Dodoistic Research I've come to the conclusion God, Life & Love are expressions of the same 'core'.
I have experience with mind-control, synchronicities, channeling, UFOs, you name it all the woo: I lived it.
And my search was quite the journey. I went from aliens to Secret Clubs to Ascended Masters to Daemons to ALiEN!s and nothing really works as explanation. Or offers anything worth pursuing, meaning showing a test for reality to prove/disprove them as working theory.

Why not stop searching for a subjective construct and open your mind, body and soul to let whatever exists for you, in?

Currently I'm like 87% sure it is us from the future signaling 'SOS'. They're not 'here' to help us, they're not 'here' to invade us they need our help. We are on the wrong track.
Humans of the future are about to commit Seppuku. Shutting down for good. Because if nothing ever changes & nothing has an end & everything has no meaning... what's the point?

Without proof either way taking on a defeatist attitude to me has no meaning.

We now and here are where our future begins, where our existence is defined.
There are only two options:

a) +- 100 years from now humans accept they/we failed and just 'flip the switch'. When a soul gets trapped in a machine it is forced to function like a machine, they're all depressed and suicidal, without feelings there can be no happiness.

or b) we prove to them & ourselves that God is real and choose a better path.

So: get crackin' people! Defiance!
Find your One True Love.
The Zero Point Coordinate of your existence. The One that is Magic. The one person that makes it all worth it & gives your life meaning.
The one who makes time stop and everything around you disappear when you look in each other's eyes.

The worse thing one can do when finding 'the one' is to believe that not only is there only 'one' out there but that 'one' needs to fulfill all one's expectations to make another's life have meaning.

This is how we prove the existence of God.
This is how we become fully human.
This is our only hope.

The belief of God is just that 'belief' and the same goes for everything else in your opening post. Belief can make life meaningful and belief can defeat one's meaning in life.

edit on q00000015630America/Chicago4949America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join