It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knew This Was Coming

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Of course trans activists would just take their crap there and ruin those.

The left are why no one can have nice things. They're deeply miserable and hateful and can't stand seeing anyone else happy.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: quintessentone

a reply to: quintessentone

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what you think talent is from earlier today.

I answered that, it depends on the activity or sport.

No, it doesn't. It's actually pretty simple. You're making it complex to avoid the question.

No it's not simple, because how do you determine talent vs skill sets learned from training. Natural talent is difficult to define. How about you give an example.

You seemed to think it was quite easy when you were labeling fair v. unfair.

Why stop at the unfair advantages at sports? Maybe there's a way to penalize or handicap beautiful people, smart people, or anyone born without disabilities too?
(/sarc)

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I just watched a video of a young woman who happens to have short hair get harassed in a restroom by a bigot screaming at her that she’s in the wrong bathroom. Even when the girl starts talking and it’s clear she’s female the woman wouldn’t stop, she wanted proof.

So,that’s where we are now, if you’re female and don’t have long hair, you might get harassed, wow.

And the old guy harassing the nine-year-old kid is nothing short of disgusting. Even when the mom said she’s female, he wouldn’t let up. He has been kicked out of coming to any other sporting events or any events at that school, so that’s good.

Is this why ATS decided to keep the amount of trans threads to a minimum - the crazies?

1 out of 150,000….

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Is this why ATS decided to keep the amount of trans threads to a minimum - the crazies?

1 out of 150,000….

Wonder if they should do the same for pro-life threads?

Whataboutisms might be a fallacy, but they're good for pointing out ridiculous takes.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: putnam6

You make very good points. I honestly don't know what to think at this point.

I recently read that because of the liabilities for having the "wrong" books in school's libraries that could include steep fines for school librarians, many school districts are now simply closing their campus libraries. This all behind the CRT/LGBTQ/ business.

Close the libraries? Why continue the sports programs.

My "guess" would be that if they shut down the school sponsored sports programs, parents would find sports resources outside the schools. There are soccer leagues. Baseball leagues and of course Basketball leagues outside the schools administration.

That would seem to certainly simplify things for the schools themselves.

Yes and FWIW overall our schools and education system as a whole is underfunded as it is, and what funds it does get is usually misappropriated. Jeez I sound like Democrat but this is true, we need to make sure libraries, sports and other essential services like band and science clubs stay available to as many students as possible because, in a lot of areas of the US, it's the only lifeline disadvantaged kids have to a better life. Right now isn't most of the funding for schools from the state, federal funds are only a fraction of where their funds come from.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Why do you think we now award things based on criteria like sexual orientation, gender identity, skin color, etc., over actual ability to do whatever it is? It actually weeds out the ones best suited, sometimes even those suited who also happen to display the other criteria.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Please quote for me in the Constitution a child's rights in the United States.

I typed it as slow as I could and used the smallest words possible....

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join