It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The subtle art of not giving a F--K'. Advancing euthanasia policies for the West.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

For the past couple of years there has been a relentless advertising push on my e-reading app 'Scribd' to promote a particular book which has been incredibly popular since its release: 'The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F@CK'. The very title itself put me off, in essence 'triggering' me. Something about that title, something about the relentless advertising (literally the first thing you would see on opening the app for months at a time, repeatedly, over the course of over a year) just seemed forced, a little too brash, a little too smug perhaps. There seemed an arrogance about it which rubbed me the wrong way, and that was without ever reading the inner sleeve to find out what was being pushed. Now that I know what that book was all about, I genuinely believe it was true intuition which guided my feelings on the matter.

This morning, a documentary based on the book popped into my Netflix feed, and because I had nothing else to occupy myself with, I decided to watch it, for the sake of "Know thy enemy". Cue the big budget blockbuster 'Universal' & 'Ingenious' intro titles, production usually reserved for fictional tales (perhaps therein lies a hint), before the opening scenes in which the author begins to introduce himself & blather on about the inspiration for the book. He states that he was into heavy metal & Marilyn Manson as an 8th grader, when he got busted for drugs at school, before going through a lot of loneliness & depression as an adolescent after moving schools. He openly states that in Texas, where he grew up, it was "Horses, Bibles & Football", and that he was into none of those things, hence was bullied & felt like an outsider. He then describes relationship chaos at college, followed by 'running away all over the world', trying new countries & new expereinces, new superficial relationships - all by the cartload.

This is a preamble to his philosophy of 'not giving a f@ck', which, in a nutshell, is that change is hard, everyone suffers, we're all average or below average, you must choose what sacrifices to accept, and you must face death openly - in order to make life worth living.

It was a largely bleak exposition, and throughout the film there was something slightly off about the author himself, he would smirk quite a lot, out of sync with what he was saying at the time, in a way that suggested very strongly he was being disingenuous. Ultimately, the aspect of his diatribe which had to do with facing death was shot in such a manner, spoken in such a manner, that anyone who might be feeling depressed or even suicidal, would actually start to consider death to be a blessed relief, almost as if the author was challenging them to end it all. Behind all the production values involved in making the film, there seemed to be this undercurrent of putting people in their place, and encouraging them to think of their lives as meaningless. He openly stated on several occasions that most people's lives are meaningless, and that life in general has no meaning, there is no purpose to the world, there is no destiny calling to each one of us. It was a nihilistic, mismatched philosophy of 'make your own meaning', and 'death is calling you'. The whole thing seemed staged to push people towards accepting that life has no inherent meaning, and that death is perhaps the best thing that can happen to you if you're struggling to find meaning in your own life.

When I weighed up the film, and contemplated the heavy advertising push in the e-reader app over the past couple of years, the only thing I could think was that this was a guy who was quiite clearly a satanist (the iconography of the film was demonic at a great many points) who was pushing a form of satanic domination as his own philosophy - "You're nothing special, why don't you just end it". There was zero in the way of original thought, and although he touched on some important aspects of becoming an adult (learning to accept & work through our pain), it felt manufactured, as though he had an agenda. Pushing suicide in the name of his master may be one element of it. The other could be pushing people to hurt others, because why not? It was all very bleak, and definitely it felt as though he had an ulterior motive. Obviously he's made a lot of money from the success of the book, and now the film too - but I feel strongly that he'd deliberately led readers/viewers down a dark path.

I see it as possibly being promoted so heavily & produced by such heavy hitters in the movie industry in order to alter the social narrative, the collective conversation surrounding meaning, purpose, life & death - are we being led to the euthanasia principle, whereby people facing struggles could opt to choose death at the hand of the government (such as the veterans offered euthanasia instead of support for independent living in Canada in recent times)..? Yes, quite possibly the book/film are intended at achieving just that. Obviously they cannot achieve that in isolation, but certainly, a bestselling book & follow-up heavy hitter movie production can have a massive influence on the collective unconscious of the Western world overall. That's what I believe to be happening here - it felt like there was an agenda, not just his own (which I deem to be Satanic) but also a wider disruption of the narrative in the sense that his book has been hijacked by hidden powers as a great opportunity to upend the social narrative surrounding meaning, purpose, life & death.

Specifically, advancing & inculcating eugenics-driven euthanasia policies for the Western world. Following on from the use of covert euthanasia during COVID at the hands of doctors & nurses sold out to the Enemy in their hearts.

Dark times.

FITO.

edit on Wed May 10 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: redid the title F--K

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If someone really wants to do away with themselves they don't need euthanasia, they only just need to buy a gun and pull the trigger.

For some people, euthanasia is actually society giving a FCK and helping them stop the suffering. It's all in how you look at it and how much one is suffering.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Satanic? I'm coming to think so.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Not trying to make light of what you say here but giving the book a title like that won't target todays youth sufficiently.

Maybe he'll come up with a companion book called "Nihilism - A 21st Century Guide"

I don't disagree with the potential for those in certain positions to have access to euthanasia but I think that if it's the doctor or welfare people suggesting it to someone that they should be looked at very carefully and probably prevented from working with vulnerable people.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

He has it backward. Life doesn't give you meaning; you give it meaning. How empty he must be.

The things we devote ourselves to are the meaning and purpose of life. Our works touch others in ways we will never know, both good and bad. Only a narcissist needs to reckon a full accounting to feel worth.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Euthanasia and eugenics go hand in hand. Currently there is a depopulation agenda, which explains why governments are in lockstep to promote euthanasia policies, and are even proposing a maximum age at which people become useless and should just kill themselves.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Euthanasia and eugenics go hand in hand. Currently there is a depopulation agenda, which explains why governments are in lockstep to promote euthanasia policies, and are even proposing a maximum age at which people become useless and should just kill themselves.

You mean like in Logan's Run set in 2116

I'm past both crystal 'limits' (book=21 & film=30) so I'm not sure I fancy that

edit on 10/5/2023 by AllAnIllusion because: Highlighting the year it is set in

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I downloaded this book years ago. It's quite helpful in distinguishing between what I call goals vs diversions. Of course there will always be a certain audience who feels attacked regardless of the subject material or how objectively the dialogue unfolds. Your experience offers a subjective retort and that's perfectly fine. Keeping in mind the adage, different strokes for different folks, this stroke is for folks who don't defer to spiritual or dogmatic instructions for their self actualization.

This is a preamble to his philosophy of 'not giving a f@ck', which, in a nutshell, is that change is hard, everyone suffers, we're all average or below average, you must choose what sacrifices to accept, and you must face death openly - in order to make life worth living.

I'm not seeing any lies or propaganda here. In fact it feels like a blend of george carlin and jordan peterson, each of whom offers bleak truth which is better than none.

edit on 10-5-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Did the author truly self- actualize though? Re-read Maslow's description of self-actualized people and it seems he's missing out.

edit on 10-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did the author truly self- actualize though? Re-read Maslow's description of self-actualized people and it seems he's missing out.

I must have missed Maslow's commentary on Mark Manson. I'm also not a fan of experts who believe they can quantify much less debunk success and self actualization. That strikes me as a very non actualized practice.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Generally speaking, if he spent years "finding himself" and never did - the best he could come up with is the bleakness of all our failed and useless little lives based on his own, then he clearly missed some things along the way.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I suggest you actually read at least one of his new york best selling literary works before you jump to conclusions about his welfare and self esteem. I've said my piece and obviously people with a preconception based on isolated snippets of his publications won't see the value in his work.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: ketsuko

I suggest you actually read at least one of his new york best selling literary works before you jump to conclusions about his welfare and self esteem.

It's the idea that he can make blanket assumptions about everyone else based on his very personal life that makes me draw that conclusion. If he's happy thinking nothing and no one has meaning, bully for him, but because he has his philosophy does not make it the blanket truth.

We all take our own way. He is basically devaluing lives others may find enormously rewarding.

That shows a lack on his part.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If the gold fish that lost it's use of it's swim bladder we have in our aquarium can survive it's disability, I cannot see abandoning ship on myself if I get a little crippled. My kids say I should put the goldfish out of it's misery....the goldfish disagrees with that. I do cradle it in my hand and hold it upright at the surface one or two times a week so it can experience what it used to feel like and it seems to like me doing that. That fish has been like that since before last fourth of July, that is almost ten and a half months ago and many cans of tetramin ago.

I am here on earth to learn. I am not finished with my training yet, I have much more to learn before I die. Learning to cope with disabilities is part of learning. Keeping your attitude up while investigating all the deceivers taking over society is essential to keep from going hulu.

I don't know what this book is about, but I am sure it was written to make money for the one writing it.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well isnt it funny how two people can watch/read the same thing yet come away with vastly different impressions?

I watched it this morning too.

My takeways were:

We are all gonna die and be dust some time.

Stop worrying about what isnt important.

Enjoy every drop of life you get cos you dont know when its gonna run out.

The standing on a cliff edge was about how the adrenalized fear makes your really feel alive. I have had the same over the years riding bikes too fast.

He explained how when he was following the wrong path and treating people badly, his relationships crumbled.

He made a point about Dave Mustaine, the guitarist from the band Megadeath who, despite selling millions of albums, selling out big concerts, always feels like a failure because Megadeath isn't bigger than his old band, Metallica.
So that was about seeing your successes for what they are rather than through the false lens of expectation.

All in all I thought it was a pretty good film about not comparing your successes to other, irrelevant things.
edit on 44pWed, 10 May 2023 13:22:44 -050020232023-05-10T13:22:44-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: Spelling still sucks

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
If someone really wants to do away with themselves they don't need euthanasia, they only just need to buy a gun and pull the trigger.

Click.

Click.

Click, click, click.

ammo kills, guns don't.

Or is it "bullets" kill ammo doesn't?

Or is it "gunpowder" makes bullets in ammo in guns kill people?

Let's blame Peter.

Salt Peter.
edit on 10/5/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The subtle art of not giving a F--K

Anyone need lessons ?

join