It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unprecedented' images of Martian Moon Deimos up close and personal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If NASA's entire space program is hoaxed why would the Soviet Union give away such a massive propaganda victory?

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nirishman
a reply to: gortex

Sorry but that isn't real, more CGI nonsense.

I'm betting you don't even know what "CGI" stands for. Additionally, it's easy to prove or disprove your claim. So, do it. Prove your claim. Then, explain to us why NASA would bother creating CGI image of a moon of another planet, especially given the fact that probably a handful of people care about it but no one else? Why would they fake this? What's their goal? Who's behind this? Names please.

To be clear, NASA HAS doctored images of Mars in the past. But the reasons for that are more obvious than faking a little rock in its orbit.
edit on 30-4-2023 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2023 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dionysaur
If NASA's entire space program is hoaxed why would the Soviet Union give away such a massive propaganda victory?

Why would you assume they are on different sides in the first place or are now?

Quite convenient they sidelined a bunch of soviet rocket engines that just happened to not get repurposed but got put into the U.S. space shuttles that just happened to look like the soviet version.

Just like the Concorde type areoplanes.

It's all a show to keep people divided so any control has enough time to be planned well.

Individuals live a lifetime, entities can be quite perpetual.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Those are some great pics...though the UAE is running this mission? Who next? Are we gonna see the Isle of Man Space Agency doing a trip to Venus?

Life was so much simpler when t was NASA and the Russians

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dionysaur

A better question would be "why would NASA spend billions and billions on a fake program?".

People claim the moon landing was fake. Why would they fake it 6 times?

I'm getting a "flat earth" vibe on this thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

though the UAE is running this mission?

Yes mate , their spacecraft , mission and pictures although that fact seems lost on some.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SprocketUK

though the UAE is running this mission?

Yes mate , their spacecraft , mission and pictures although that fact seems lost on some.

Its kind of like a plot from one of William Gibson's books.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Photos of you aren’t the real you. But they are an accurate image of you. Same thing from topographical maps to radar surveys of the moon.

Because it’s an image doesn’t mean it’s not an accurate representation of the physically object. And doesn’t mean the data wasn’t collected as cited.

edit on 30-4-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
a reply to: Dionysaur

A better question would be "why would NASA spend billions and billions on a fake program?".

People claim the moon landing was fake. Why would they fake it 6 times?

I'm getting a "flat earth" vibe on this thread.

Shame FE’s troll about NASA on a simple thread about a UAE mission.

Shows how retarded they are.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

Speculation that Mars had moons goes back to Gallio when he observed the 4 largest moon of Jupiter

Speculation about the existence of the moons of Mars had begun when the moons of Jupiter were discovered. When Galileo Galilei, as a hidden report about his having observed two bumps on the sides of Saturn (later discovered to be its rings), used the anagram smaismrmilmepoetaleumibunenugttauiras for Altissimum planetam tergeminum observavi ("I have observed the most distant planet to have a triple form"), Johannes Kepler had misinterpreted it to mean Salve umbistineum geminatum Martia proles (Hello, furious twins, sons of Mars).[4]

Perhaps inspired by Kepler (and quoting Kepler's third law of planetary motion), Jonathan Swift's satire Gulliver's Travels (1726) refers to two moons in Part 3, Chapter 3 (the "Voyage to Laputa"), in which Laputa's astronomers are described as having discovered two satellites of Mars orbiting at distances of 3 and 5 Martian diameters with periods of 10 and 21.5 hours. Phobos and Deimos (both found in 1877, more than a century after Swift's novel) have actual orbital distances of 1.4 and 3.5 Martian diameters, and their respective orbital periods are 7.66 and 30.35 hours. In the 20th century, V. G. Perminov, a spacecraft designer of early Soviet Mars and Venus spacecraft, speculated Swift found and deciphered records that Martians left on Earth. However, the view of most astronomers is that Swift was simply employing a common argument of the time, that as the inner planets Venus and Mercury had no satellites, Earth had one and Jupiter had four (known at the time), that Mars by analogy must have two. Furthermore, as they had not yet been discovered, it was reasoned that they must be small and close to Mars. This would lead Swift to making a roughly accurate estimate of their orbital distances and revolution periods. In addition Swift could have been helped in his calculations by his friend, the mathematician John Arbuthnot

Doesnt require any Hocus Pocus or aliens to explain .......
edit on 30-4-2023 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
They should focus on the moon with an ocean of water under the crust. Maybe life is there.

Do you mean Europa, one of Jupiter's moons?

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The United Arab emirates emirates?

Kinda like when I saw a menu that said 'with au jus sauce" lol, with with juice sauce
edit on 30-4-2023 by Iconic because: Spelling cause I'm dumb

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I don't post here very often at all, but I am in agreement with you, the picture looks fake. Same with the video.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If they were going to do fake imagery why would they do it about 2 moons that probably 2/3 of the world do not even know they exist?

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

solid objects can ring like a bell too. That quote is completely misunderstood

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

A bell for instance, which is a solid object.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

The reason space programs were faked was to explain why people were seeing satellites in the sky.

Those aren’t advanced UFO technology! They’re our rockets!

If you’re going to fake it, best to go big, or not at all.

edit on 30-4-2023 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Clearly the God of war is a d***head.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I’m not a flat earther. I’m a glass bi-bell earther.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Our Earth is shaped like an oblate spheroid, no real doubt about that fact.

As to whatever the feck a "bi-bell earther" is, well that's a new one on me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join