It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's 1st private Hakuto-R mission loses UAE's Rashid rover on the Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well either the aliens on the moon destroyed Japan's private company's attempt to land on the Moon, or the secret US military base took it down.

Still one would think until the private sector can consistently land on the moon, we are years away from the start of all the moon base plans, lunar orbital station plans etc. Not suggestion this is a failure, just if this is the next step I am so ready for it to happen.

gizmodo.com...

Tokyo-based company ispace appears to have failed in its attempt to land its lunar lander on the surface of the Moon, which would have made it the first private mission to land on the dusty lunar surface.

The Hakuto-R Mission 1 (M1) lander was scheduled to land on the lunar surface on Tuesday at 12:40 p.m. ET. The lander was targeting a landing site at the Moon’s Atlas crater in the far northern hemisphere called Mare Frigoris, also known as the Sea of Cold.

www.msn.com...

Japan's 1st private Hakuto-R mission lost with UAE's Rashid rover on the Moon

Aprivate Japanese mission launched to the Moon failed on Tuesday night after the mission lost communication with Earth. The Hakuto-R mission attempted to land on the Moon with the UAE's Rashid rover in an attempt to become the first privately developed mission to do so.

"We have not been able to establish communication and we have to assume that we could not complete the landing on the lunar surface," ispace officials said in a live stream.

The spacecraft had arrived in lunar orbit about a month ago after being launched on a SpaceX Falcon-9 rocket in December last year. The Hakuto-R began a descent on the lunar surface on Tuesday from an altitude of 100 kilometers above the surface of the Moon, while flying at a speed of 6,000 kilometers per hour. The communication remained blocked during the landing attempt as simulation showed it arriving on target.

The nearly 6,000 km per hour speed was to have been drastically reduced in order to survive the dangerous landing approach and a smooth touchdown. Ispace is yet to say anything on the reasons behind the failure.

The lander had been designed to deploy a two-wheeled, baseball-sized rover developed by JAXA, Japanese toymaker Tomy, and Sony Group, as well as the United Arab Emirates four-wheeled "Rashid" Rover.

"As iSpace attempted to make history as the world's first lunar landing for a commercially developed spacecraft, it brings to fore the synergy that can be achieved when nations come together, to open up space for humanity. It is inspiring to see a US private rocket launching a Japanese lunar lander carrying a rover developed in the UAE. This also adds impetus to the surge of Asia as a space power, and reinforcement to the private space industry globally". - Pawan Kumar Chandana, Co-Founder & CEO, Skyroot Aerospace told IndiaToday.in.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Maybe none of it's real, just a collective wishful thinking and various companies/governments using it as a make work project and raking in the bucks to do so.

There's always something strange going on with moon landing stories. Most space stuff actually. Lost the technology to go back etc. Now stuff going "missing".

Sorry to be such a negative, but this endless pattern is suspect.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Maybe it tied on a Rising Sun headband and went in kamikaze-style.

On a more serious note, I agree with you that there is a lot of chatter about "privatization of space" when just launching rockets is still plagued with explosions, much less landing craft on other worlds.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Somewhere deep below the lunar surface, an alien anti-aircraft gunner just got a patch to put on his uniform.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

That right there has just made my day!

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

That right there has just made my day!

Careful bro, laughing at racial stereotypes is a surefire way to get your Lib card revoked.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yeah it really is sad for me. I remember being six years old and the joy I had then that by the time I had grown, star trek, my favorite program would be true. All after watching Apollo 11 live with such joy 😒

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Ohhh oops I forgot about that.
I guess it's a good thing I'm a registered republican.
I enjoy voting in the republican primary.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Maybe none of it's real, just a collective wishful thinking and various companies/governments using it as a make work project and raking in the bucks to do so.

There's always something strange going on with moon landing stories. Most space stuff actually. Lost the technology to go back etc. Now stuff going "missing".

Sorry to be such a negative, but this endless pattern is suspect.

Not that I disagree or agree but why do this and to what end? Are you suggesting the private company in Japan is taking UAE rover clandestinely and doing what? Copying it? LOL chopping it up like a stolen car? an insurance scam? or is this the vast worldwide conspiracy where we never landed on the moon?

FWIW I seem to recall, some of the earlier explorers were faced with skepticism and doubt. Don't quote me but I believe Queen Isabella was more than concerned Columbus was a shyster and it took a while for her to come around to finance his voyages

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
Yeah it really is sad for me. I remember being six years old and the joy I had then that by the time I had grown, star trek, my favorite program would be true. All after watching Apollo 11 live with such joy 😒

Definitely, I was pretty young, but I can remember my dad saying that there would be business interests in the moon, and then development would take off.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

No!! Bad Cav!

Here's is what is still a live feed. I realize it may be a loss, but this was actually pretty successful.

www.youtube.com...

Edit: link above is for CosmoSapians yt live feed.
I can't get it to work, the code is different.

edit on 25-4-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Helium 3 on the Moon Represents Trillions of Dollars if Exploited by Earth's Space Capable Nations . Japan is One of them . Could Espionage be involved here ?

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

On a more serious note, I agree with you that there is a lot of chatter about "privatization of space" when just launching rockets is still plagued with explosions, much less landing craft on other worlds.
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Thats why called Rocket science ......

If was any easier then any fool could do it

It takes years and billions of dollars to get it right Ask Jeff Bezos .......

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
*****Disclaimer while this post contains a factual news article from Reuters, it also includes wild speculative theories, not because the poster believes this to be the case, but because it fits within the moon conspiracy themes many here myself included enjoy discussing. No more no less****

With that out of the way...

Im intrigued by the Helium 3 hypothesis, and Ive read in a few places over the years about its importance and value. It's an interesting side note that only the big three have made successful lunar landings, the US, the former USSR, and China. Attempts by India, Israel, and now Japan have all failed and all of them were at the crucial landing phase IIRC.

This brings up some questions, #1 If space exploration is to benefit all mankind, did these other countries' private attempts get any feedback from NASA and less likely Russia or China space programs on how to land on another celestial body? or is it you got to figure this out on your own, too bad so sad.

I mean damn the US had probes on the Moon, and Mars and has even reached out and landed on a comet and asteroid. Sounds as if NASA/JPL helped the European Space Agency. In the Rosetta partnership atleast.

So are the big 3 trying to monopolize the Moon's future resources? Forget a populated Moon base, all it would take is a communications jammer that could be turned off and on remotely as these other countries' probes entered into the landing phase. Yes I know this would require technology that hasn't been made public

Hell, we corporations trying to monopolize resources here on Earth all the time.

What's the saying one time is bad luck, two times is a coincidence and 3 times is a trend.

When you look at this list of successful space explorations along with "soft" landings looks as if the big 3 are atleast keeping failures to a minimum

en.wikipedia.org...

I got more wild speculations too...but let's start here and see where the discussion takes us

rosetta.jpl.nasa.gov...

Rosetta is a European Space Agency mission with contributions from its member states and NASA. Rosetta's Philae lander is provided by a consortium led by the German Aerospace Center, Cologne; Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Gottingen; National Center of Space Studies of France (CNES), Paris; and the Italian Space Agency, Rome. NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, a division of the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, manages the U.S. participation in the Rosetta mission for NASA's Science Mission Directorate in Washington.

www.reuters.com...

Japan's ispace says moon lander unexpectedly accelerated and likely crashed

TOKYO, April 25 (Reuters) - Japan's ispace inc (9348.T) said its attempt to make the first private moon landing had failed after losing contact with its Hakuto-R Mission 1 (M1) lander when it unexpectedly accelerated and probably crashed on the lunar surface.

The startup said it was possible that as the lander approached the moon, its altitude measurement system had miscalculated the distance to the surface.

"It apparently went into a free-fall towards the surface as it was running out of fuel to fire up its thrusters," Chief Technology Officer Ryo Ujiie told a news conference on Wednesday.

It was the second setback for commercial space development in a week after SpaceX's Starship rocket exploded spectacularly minutes after soaring off its launch pad.

A private firm has yet to succeed with a lunar landing. Only the United States, the former Soviet Union and China have soft-landed spacecraft on the moon, with attempts in recent years by India and a private Israeli company also ending in failure.

edit on 26-4-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
When it comes to tech and space exploration, "things happen".

I think we've just become so accustom to consumer based technology and it requiring to work flawlessly after purchase that we apply that perspective to Space exploration.

We're still relatively new at this and still learning the ins and outs. Japan, for the most part, completed a good portion of that journey before losing contact.

Shame, but the after action review will be of incredible interest to prevent this from happening again.

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: igloo

Helium 3 on the Moon Represents Trillions of Dollars if Exploited by Earth's Space Capable Nations . Japan is One of them . Could Espionage be involved here ?

Helium 3 is actually priceless, as there is no other known way to get the quantities required to exploit its incredible energy potentials.

If we just want money, going after the Psyche Asteroid, an exposed planetary core of Platinum,Palladium Gold and all other metals is the jackpot. There is so much there that who ever captures it will reset the entire metals commodity markets, and own the world.

NASA is launching its first probe to Psyche , scheduled for an October 2023 launch using a SpaceX vehicle.

Imagine a future mission to capture it and bring it back to Earth!!! The world will most likely have to forbid that from ever happening (if it were indeed remotely possible).

edit on 26-4-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

You know , I read somewhere that there could be Carbonous Meteorites out in Space that have Collided with Other Bodies that then Turn them into Pure Diamond . Imagine a Diamond the Size of say the State of Texas , or Spacecraft made out of Diamond . In the Future Diamonds could be Devalued Big Time......

edit on 26-4-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Imagine a Diamond the Size of say the State of Texas
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Be little tough to get on your finger ........

posted on Apr, 26 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Imagine a Diamond the Size of say the State of Texas
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Be little tough to get on your finger ........

Not for Vanity but for Human Progress ! Are You a Women by Any Chance ? ...........LOL...*)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: charlyv

You know , I read somewhere that there could be Carbonous Meteorites out in Space that have Collided with Other Bodies that then Turn them into Pure Diamond . Imagine a Diamond the Size of say the State of Texas , or Spacecraft made out of Diamond . In the Future Diamonds could be Devalued Big Time......

That's cool. It was also said that if De Beers were to release all the diamonds they have in storage, rubies and emeralds would become the top gems.

The asteroid belt is where we will eventually go for the mining of just about everything. It is already broken up for us exposing all parts of crusts, mantle and cores from proto-planet collisions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join