It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Second Teacher/Student Sex Scandal Hits California School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
California teacher Elizabeth Stow is free on bail after being arrested on suspicion of having sex with three of her male students. Stow is 26 years old and has a prior criminal record for driving under the influence of alcohol. This is the second such case to occur at Tulare Union High School -- last year a male teacher was arrested for having sexual relations with some of his female students.

www.foxnews.com
TULARE, Calif. — A teacher in California is facing charges of having sex with three of her high school students.

Elizabeth Stow, 26, was free on bail after being arrested Monday on suspicion of having sex with three boys.

A superintendent for the Tulare school system said Stow resigned from her job at Tulare Western High School after the arrest. Stow is the second teacher arrested for allegedly having sex with students.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm really amazed at how often these cases of sex between teachers and students are turning up in U.S. public schools. Something needs to be done about this, because this is absolutely unacceptable behavior from people who should be teaching children, not using and abusing them sexually.

Related News Links:
abclocal.go.com

[edit on 4/8/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
man if the teacher was hot i would of done the same thing!
It was more likely than not on all occasions to be more than consensual (the guys probably couldnt wait).

That said on a principle standpoint sex shouldnt be involved in a teacher student relationship.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
this is really beginning to become a problem. At first I thought it was just a few isolated cases but not anymore. Something needs to be done, all teachers should need counselling, we need to prevent these problems before they happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Let's spell it out for everyone- these cases are common. it's only every now and again that someone gets found out. Think about it- classrooms full of raging hormones, plus an attractive, commanding prescence? Close quarters, day after day, something's going to snap.

Hell, when I was in highschool, we had one teacher who was 28...hit on a few people in the class. Simple stuff- sitting on a person's desk, wearing skanky clothes, or antics with legs and a miniskirt. Really, I can't blame anyone, unless the teacher was unattractive. The social attitude is that if she's good looking, and it's consentual, there's no real problem. Hell, most highschool boys become 'the Man' if they sleep with an attractive teacher.

So nostalgic.

DE

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sorry guys, but all kidding aside, teachers are public employees paid indirectly through taxes by parents who want teachers to educate, not to look hot in miniskirits and have sex with their children. What happens with grades in a situation like this? Are the male students of a teacher like this graded by their performance in school or their performance in bed?

[edit on 4/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The social attitude is that if she's good looking, and it's consentual, there's no real problem. Hell, most highschool boys become 'the Man' if they sleep with an attractive teacher.

Agreed 100%. If someone "bangs" a teacher (post about high school students might as well use high school slang), they become "the #" or a "pimp."

And besides, who, at 15-18, wouldn't have had sex with their teacher if they looked like:

I would have in a heartbeat.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Keep talking folks......

If this had been a man teacher, you all would be wanting to castrate him.

Teaching is seen as a profession. As such, what these teachers are doing is unbecoming of those who do dedicate their time and energies to the profession and their students.

*shakes head*

seekerof

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Keep talking folks......

If this had been a man teacher, you all would be wanting to castrate him.

Teaching is seen as a profession. As such, what these teachers are doing is unbecoming of those who do dedicate their time and energies to the profession and their students.

*shakes head*

Well, this teacher in the original post was what? 26, right? If a 26 year old guy had sex with 17 or 18 year old girls, I wouldn't really be calling for his "castration" as you put it.

Not sure how old you are, seeker, but you know as well as I do that there are some pretty damn good looking "illegal" girls out there. Some people just aren't strong willed enough to control acting on those forbidden fantasies, especially. Granted, if they're not, they shouldn't be in constant close contact with these "illegal" girls.

But yeah, it is wrong what they're doing regardless of the sex of the teacher. If you reread my post, you will see that I was never defending the actions of the teachers, just the actions of the students.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Cutwolf]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

as posted by Cutwolf
Well, this teacher in the original post was what? 26, right? If a 26 year old guy had sex with 17 or 18 year old girls, I wouldn't really be calling for his "castration" as you put it.

I'm old enoough to have served in the First Gulf War and a couple other 'unknowns'.
I'm old enough to be assistant teaching a World History class for college freshmen.
I'm old enough to be married and with child on the way.
Anything else?

As to the above quoted mention, age has no bearing in this case when viewed from the teaching profession.
These teachers go through 4 years of educational programs geared to teaching them the moral and ethics of being a teacher, how to teach, and the subsequent responsibilities that they must uphold and adhere to.

These teachers should be banned from ever teaching again. They should be presecuted to the extreme. Be assured that they will be hard pressed to ever obtain a position teaching again. There are NO excuses for what these teachers have done....none.

What is happening here is nothing but giving further indications of the deteriorating moral and ethical standards of todays society [world over]. And don't call me a Christian or 'bible-thumper' either. Religion has no bearing in this or in the moral and ethics for which I speak of.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

These teachers should be banned from ever teaching again. They should be presecuted to the extreme. Be assured that they will be hard pressed to ever obtain a position teaching again. There are NO excuses for what these teachers have done....none.

Hey man, I agree with you 100%.

I wasn't really defending the teachers in my first post in this thread - I was defending the students. Reread it - I think you might have misunderstood me.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

No, I understood you, but as one that semi-teaches, I had to get that off my chest.
Your comments were not taken wrong by me. Everything is status quo.
I'm cool. Your cool. We all cool.

seekerof

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have to agree with you on this Seeker, there is absoloutely no excuse. These teachers know that these children, and that's what they are, are very naieve vulnerable. Everyone has urges, but whether you decide to act on them makes all the difference. No excuse for these kind of actions, period.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's probable that in the past, though uncommon, these teacher-student liaisons when discovered, were under-reported or quietly handled to avoid town scandals, gossip, etc.

However, IMO, just like evil paedophiles, anyone entrusted to a minor's welfare, who then willfully violates that trust by taking advantage of the innocent to satiate their selfish predatory perversions should be locked away forever.

I'm sure everyone agrees that there are many many honorable incredible teachers out there doing remarkable jobs educating our future leaders, but the amount of these bad apples seems to be multiplying alarmingly in frequency, if you think I'm exaggerating just go to google news like I just did and type in "teacher charged" to see the sickening amount of abuse occurring that doesn't make it to big media.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
DeusEx is right this has been happening a long time, even when i was in school there were obvious signs of students and teachers flirting, Its not unknown for girls to "Try" and help their grade. Its just that people are paying more attention and trying to put a stop to this nowadays which is good
, There should be enough boys and girls in the schools for the kids to have relationships. Teachers and students shouldn't be involved in relationships like that. especially when its immoral and illegal (no matter how much we wish it would've happened to us in High School
).

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This truly is ignorance. My grandfather is a world wide bestselling author. His books grace every library in this country. He married my grandmother who had been his pupil in college. So shut the hell up because your self rightous opining on a subject of which you have NO KNOWLEDGE is getting tiresome.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Seeker what a kid-

Teachers and pupils shouldn't mix. Nor argument hops that low fence. Someone'a grandfather and grandfmother- O.K., fine. Still it (teacher/student) is wrong.

Teachers that have relationships with their students should be banned from teaching forwever.

This is pure and simple a breach of trust.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Students and teachers should be encouraged to breed. At all costs good God man do you see what is breeding?

I wouldn't be here if it weren't for good ol student on teacher hotness. No children should not be taken advantage of but please do not paint with such a broad brush.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Alexodin]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Students and teachers should be encouraged to breed.

What are you drunk??? Look, I think it's great that your Grams and Gramps hooked up and lived happy and successfull lives and all but if you think you can compare them to this situation you sorely mistaken. For one, your example deals with a "College Proffessor & College Student". Here we have a 25y/o c*cktease banging 3 of her 17y/o students. Oh, BTW I live right by the town where this takes place and am aware of the social patterns of the populous within my area. Trust me, this is not a romantic crossing of soulmates like your family history. Nor is it the kind of situation that you would, with more careful examination, "Encourage to Breed".

Believe me, I am not trying to spread my "Righteous Opinion" here either. I totally understand why any normal male, especially at 17, would agree to being with this woman/teacher. Hell, the only thing better would have been if she was the their teacher and librarian. I also don't blame this woman for whatever emotional needs she may have and want to explore, we're all human and we enjoy human contact.

However, her job as their teacher is to teach them not screw them. If she absolutely must shagg them then she has to atleast wait until they leave school or until she leaves school. Either one it doesn't matter to me personally because IMO the age difference here is of no concern, but again that's just me. Why she is wrong in her actions is because She is there to teach and She is not fullfilling her duty to ANY of the students in the class which is her sole responsibility.

Looking past all the B.S. emotional whatever it simply comes down to the fact that she "Sucked at her Job"! (
I'm sorry, I really tried to avoid such comments but I just couldn't help myself.
)

Besides, the public education system is already just about worthless now. Kids that age are already very aware of Sex and don't require lessons. But ask any of them to list 3 authors throughout history who they feel have made an impact on society at large. Or how to plan a budget or balance a check book. Hell, ask them to quote something from the founding fathers of this nation. After that, ask yourself again just what exactly you think should be happening between teachers and students.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Again I certainly do not condone authority figures taking advantage. But I ask that the vitriol be hauled back. Yes my Grandfather was a College professor and he married his student.

You seek to ban this type of relationship in the name of prudence. I don't condone teachers going hog wild and running down the halls naked but I ask you if its prudent to ban all teacher student relationships.

I am the only one who can say this because I don't work as a teacher. You won't hear the truth anywhere else because they are not able to speak freely. What you are condemning and vilifying is the act that created me. You can get over it now because I won't. College professors and women who are over eighteen can make up their own minds. Just because a person works in education does not mean that they can't have sex with people of age. Wow get the radical idea that while I do not condone teachers having sex with multiple student partners it is possible that a teacher student realtionship could exist that is healthy. Enlighten!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
"College professors and women who are over eighteen can make up their own minds."

I agree with that statement but that's about it, these teacher/students being focused on in the news is not about consenting adults, but adults taking advantage of minors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join