It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why be afraid when it may be a good thing to return to little house in the prairie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Surely we are heading for a collapse of the ways we've been taught for our entire life.

Is that so bad? To those reading this, don't you agree we're missing something we had over a century ago that is nearly nonexistent today? Like, something we're supposed to have?

Is it possible that we need that which was lost with the advent of technology? Is it a plan to do what's being done to us now part of what is supposed to happen before a global cleansing? Why is this how it seemed to happen repeatedly in the ancient past? Timing is funny. Somehow it's like a clock.

I love the little house on the prairie. There is an element of that lifestyle I miss, even though I never lived it.

Or did i?

We are going to need that knowledge to survive, but it may just bring back a community and a spirit of what they had then that we lost along the way.

Stress not, I think, as it will be hard, but rewarding in some way.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I agree with you but there's one thing you should make people aware of is that it's time to downsize all the luxuries that one owns and just live with the bare necessities because it's very important and the reason why I'm saying that is because well I'm kind of up there in age and right now I'm on the same page as you and I'm really speaking from my heart that I'm actually downsizing my luggage in my life really is very important because if you surrounded by too much you're going to be afraid to lose it so take it easy start downsizing your possessions and keeping the necessities not what you want but the necessities and if you have room then buy what you want that is again necessity necessary necessity to survive cuz when the s*** hits the fan which it happens all the time and it doesn't matter what country you're in it's it does happen and it's always continuing to happen it doesn't stop suddenly because it turns around it happens somewhere else around the world it's just the law of nature of working and on or against mankind.
edit on 0400000002462023-04-16T19:46:02-05:00460204pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I totally disagree with you Pentagon papers were already well known ahead of time if in fact it was a setup to begin with nothing gets out of the Pentagon security breach nothing.
This is just to take the heat off the incompetence that we're sending to the US enemies that the military is incompetent which is a bunch of BS and this BS about Biden losing a piece of paper come on man everything is a lie these days can't you understand that people

What? Like they did it purposely?

They are increasing evil, but wouldn't that also in turn increase good?

It'll be tough after the easy times, but it'll still be good if we push through it.

Right? Maybe?
edit on 16-4-2023 by godservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: godservant

originally posted by: musicismagic
I totally disagree with you Pentagon papers were already well known ahead of time if in fact it was a setup to begin with nothing gets out of the Pentagon security breach nothing.
This is just to take the heat off the incompetence that we're sending to the US enemies that the military is incompetent which is a bunch of BS and this BS about Biden losing a piece of paper come on man everything is a lie these days can't you understand that people

What? Like they did it purposely?

They are increasing evil, but wouldn't that also in turn increase good?

It'll be tough after the easy times, but it'll still be good if we push through it.

Right? Maybe?

If you're not in prison or in a mental state of a prison-minded thinking we are actually in charge of our own well-being in life once you turn the age of 18 at least in America you are.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant

In the real life of mankind and you really discover this especially if you did survival training for the military whether it's water survival jungle survival or Arctic survival which I've done all three for the for the military you learn one thing that you fight evil with evil there's no there's no your wife can be half pregnant about this and with good well you balance good with good that's a very simplistic way of looking at life also I like to mention the more you do for someone the less they appreciate it and you take for example all the government handouts in the US government and else anyway all the good that they're doing it spoils rotten to the core of those off breed that are benefiting from their parents a life of luxury of not seeing them work for the hard hard-earned dollars it's it's that again it's you fight evil with evil it's evil what they're doing.
It may be hard to believe but in this country it's almost impossible to get welfare yeah it's if you got a kid and a wife works part-time and you're separated it's really tough to really get a welfare you might be able to get that discount or actually you do get a discount on government housing but not private housing I never heard of that before private housing government gives you a discount on it no it doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   

What is it that you believe has been lost, that is "missing" in your/our live(s)?

Can you name it?

How did "technology" cause whatever "it" is banish it?

If you can answer these questions, at least as they apply to you, personally, you have at least the beginning of the answer you seek.

If you cannot answer these questions, you lost nothing.

You're merely frightened by the uncertainties of what the future might hold.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You're delusional if you think it will be anything like that. It will be a mix between The Purge/The Hunger Games and being overtaken by the Borg
Nothing cute or appealing about it. It would be a living hell. After civiliazation/society collapses all laws and order go out the door. It will be everyone for themselves , it will be total anarchy!

Civilazations have collapsed many times before , only this time could be the last of us.
I hope to die before then

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Live simply so that others may simply live.

We don't need more successful people competing either with others or themselves..

We need lovers of all kinds..
Total redesign of what it means to be alive.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

What is it that you believe has been lost, that is "missing" in your/our live(s)?

Can you name it?

How did "technology" cause whatever "it" is banish it?

If you can answer these questions, at least as they apply to you, personally, you have at least the beginning of the answer you seek.

If you cannot answer these questions, you lost nothing.

You're merely frightened by the uncertainties of what the future might hold.

Morality.

We as a country have lost that.

So time for the cycle to turn from "Weak men make hard times" to "Hard times make strong men."

I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Little House on the Prairie was 1870’s - 1890’s. The show ran 1974 - 1983. And while the wagons and horse drawn plows were not as common in the 1970’s. They were more common than today. A good number of products like crackers, cough drops, aspirin and even band aids still came in metal tins. Rather than the cardboard packaging of today, which is neither mouse nor insect proof like the tins were. Another thing quite common but lacking today is nearly every business, especially bars and restaurants, had baskets of free books of matches. Take a couple if you like. Even in the early 1990’s in the barbecue restaurant we went from carrying them to not ordering them in a period of 1991- mid 1992 if memory serves. Not that we were non-smoking (open pit barbecue ends that argument) at the time. But they were in 2006 when I stopped in while in Florida and were no longer open pit.

40-50 years ago is an alien world to the people of today. What were commonplace resources are rare and valuable artifacts of a bygone era. Post-Reconstruction Era America at the end of the Plains Indians Wars would be crazy for the average smartphone user under 30 today. Pre-teens…would find it almost unfathomable except as a living survival video game of sorts.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I like medical and dental care that goes beyond drink some home made hooch and lets hope for the best.

Really that and not having to chop wood by hand all summer to hopefully have enough to get through the winter is also nice.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

LOL,

See, it doesn't work that way. Think of little house on the prairie meats walking dead.

Millions of people will be fighting over little to no resources. Most will die of violence, starvation, and disease.

Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Think people will be hunting and fishing singing kumbaya? Think again. Seriously, watch these 2 videos to put things in perspective.

Most of you do not have antibiotics, water filtration, LTS food or anything and those that do will be swamped with refugees and raiders.
edit on 16-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I like medical and dental care that goes beyond drink some home made hooch and lets hope for the best.

Really that and not having to chop wood by hand all summer to hopefully have enough to get through the winter is also nice.

Chopping wood for the whole weekend. My Dad’s favorite punishment. Never really thought about it before. Now all these decades later, I now know why.

And yes, we always had enough to get through the winter. There were ten of us. Five girls and five boys. The girls got no breaks.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

LOL,

See, it doesn't work that way. Think of little house on the prairie meats walking dead.

Millions of people will be fighting over little to no resources. Most will die of violence, starvation, and disease.

Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons)

Think people will be hunting and fishing singing kumbaya? Think again. Seriously, watch these 2 videos to put things in perspective.

Most of you do not have antibiotics, water filtration, LTS food or anything and those that do will be swamped with refugees and raiders.

So you need to know where to live, have access to real water, know what to grow for antibiotics and grow your own food.

Check, check, check...

There is barely a million people in my whole state... we have more cows than people.

Last time I went to a grocery store was October of 21.

For salt and canning jars.

Most of us won't get through this, true.

The ones that won't get through it haven't done their due diligence and thought things through.

I'm a huge fan of social Darwinism....

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I am rural but not isolated unfortunately. But you are lucky. 98% of the rest of the population is not isolated.

Golden Horde and all.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I live in central alaska yea it would be a life or death thing to have enough wood, make time to hunt or fish and keep the home in good repair.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I am knew to a small state and really big country, but soon as we get a home yea I will be learning as fast as I can.

Thankfully surviving the first winter will lead to not much being left to fight over the remaining resources, -40s with not enough firewood and it will be lights out for the homeless, drug addicts, and super poor.

Kinda of horrific to think about, wife keeps mentioning houses and I look no wood burning stove no go for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It's going to be nothing like Little House on the Prairie.

Get prepared, do your research, practice dry runs.

Unless you do it, you don't know how to do it. That simple.

Start fires from flint and from sticks. Gather water using a tarp and a rock, or by digging holes near ferns. Learn your plants, go out identify and eat them, let your system get used to it. Build practice shelters of all types. Learn the terrain you occupy and where to go and where you CAN occupy. Become familiar with your chosen weapons, practice constantly. Learn to set snares and figure 4 traps, etc. Learn about the game in your area and their habits. Learn orienteering and other directional aids. Learn Morse Code. Learn, learn, learn....

Do all this and more and you may stand a chance.

Very few of us will be able to stay put. I'm on 40 acres and 50 miles from the nearest town, but I still have a bugout plan, just in case.

No one is going to help you get there on this thread, you have to do the homework and footwork on your own. Just like you'll have to do when SHTF.

edit on 4/16/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I'm looking forward to exactly that.

Got my mule. Got a couple of good saddles. Looking for a pack donkey.

Plugged into a small community of people who know how to live that way. Developing relationships and learning to be a productive, useful part of that community.

I told my wife just this evening that I'd rather starve to death out in the mountains than live a slave in a prison without walls. (Though I don't foresee starving as a necessary outcome.) She understands. She even agrees in principle, but I think the reality scares her.

Me? I'm almost a bit excited about the prospect.

Let her rip!
:
edit on 2023 4 17 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

It's going to be nothing like Little House on the Prairie.

Get prepared, do your research, practice dry runs.

Unless you do it, you don't know how to do it. That simple.

Start fires from flint and from sticks. Gather water using a tarp and a rock, or by digging holes near ferns. Learn your plants, go out identify and eat them, let your system get used to it. Build practice shelters of all types. Learn the terrain you occupy and where to go and where you CAN occupy. Become familiar with your chosen weapons, practice constantly. Learn to set snares and figure 4 traps, etc. Learn about the game in your area and their habits. Learn orienteering and other directional aids. Learn Morse Code. Learn, learn, learn....

Do all this and more and you may stand a chance.

Very few of us will be able to stay put. I'm on 40 acres and 50 miles from the nearest town, but I still have a bugout plan, just in case.

No one is going to help you get there on this thread, you have to do the homework and footwork on your own. Just like you'll have to do when SHTF.

Sorry to say , but you are out of your mind. I don't know anyone who would be capable of these things or even begin to comprehend how to do this. Also , it helps if your in Alaska or somewhere more northern and rural vs the hot south. We are pampered and sheltered from birth . Brought up to shop for food and work hard for a living in some 9-5 job. I rarely see a national park and when I do I drive there and back. I stay on the paths and take photos.
I'm disconnected from nature and how to survive in nature at all levels and so are my loved ones.
If SHTF we are dead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join