It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death is not the end

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Cwantas

originally posted by: LeeMich83

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Have you head the good news?

Jesus has risen? Would you like to hear more about it?

a reply to: LeeMich83

Ahh send him to my house I will make him a mug of tea. I was beginning to believe he was just a fictional character to control the believers as he didn't treat us all equally despite his scriptures saying we all were, he allowed the Romans to believe in him with evidence but the rest of us with blind faith. Now he is back he can treat me the same as he did the Romans, I am looking forward to his visit.

Was it not the Romans who Crucified him?

Please elaborate?

The Romans crucified Him but they weren't responsible for having Him crucified, they were His executioners only.

Who was responsible?

Judas?

He was just a snitch. He had no legal authority.

Romans and Jews at the time of Christ had a corrupt relationship, Christ was crucified as a favour for the Jews who held most power and sway with the Romans.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Death is more like a timeout. You come back refreshed with new insight.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Dupe
edit on 30-3-2023 by GopiGrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
When you die your active consciousness that you have now, comes to rest. You cease experiencing the you that you are currently experiencing, a sense of seperate, individual self. That fades away as your active consciousness comes to rest. It is there at rest, that you merge back from experiencing a finite part of your infinite self, to being the infinite self you truly are. A whole, complete thing. Everything all at once. An infinite consciousness. The universe. Existence. Everything, and also nothing.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Ok, good to know, I'll switch to 'ON' now.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

We are all just made up of the same stuff. My best guess is we are all part of the same thing, so when we are cruel to each other we are only cruel to ourselves.

This why Christ taught us to forgive and to love our enemies, we're fragments of a whole.

Oh really!
How's about killing everyone But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee. Dueteronomy I think

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Well so the bible says, however if Jesus did exist at least the Romans got to see him with their own eyes rather than be told 2000 years later, believe in him, on faith only. Sorry but no. A human has written that book, I won't believe a single word a human says on faith only basis. If god wanted or needed me to believe in him, he would tell me himself, not via an unverifiable set of scriptures that have been translated several times. The truth being, if there is a god, we are it, all of us as a collective. Everything is connected.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Ahh send him to my house I will make him a mug of tea. I was beginning to believe he was just a fictional character to control the believers as he didn't treat us all equally despite his scriptures saying we all were, he allowed the Romans to believe in him with evidence but the rest of us with blind faith. Now he is back he can treat me the same as he did the Romans, I am looking forward to his visit.

Please elaborate?

The Romans crucified Him but they weren't responsible for having Him crucified, they were His executioners only.

Who was responsible?

Judas?

Romans and Jews at the time of Christ had a corrupt relationship, Christ was crucified as a favour for the Jews who held most power and sway with the Romans.

There isn't a day goes by without the Jews being blamed for something. The way idiots go on about the jews, you would think they were some sort of super human, they are apparently capable of so much. Obviously ignoring the fact they are the most persecuted group of people there has ever been. They were persecuted by the Egyptions, they were persecuted by Hitler and they are now persecuted by the muslims in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Regarding death, psychologist Ronald Siegel gives this opinion: “Death, in terms of its physical sequels, is no mystery. After death the body disintegrates and is reabsorbed into the inanimate component of the environment. The dead human loses both his life and his consciousness. . . . The most logical guess is that consciousness shares the same fate as that of the corpse. Surprisingly, this commonsense view is not the prevalent one, and the majority of mankind . . . continue to exert their basic motivation to stay alive and formulate a myriad of beliefs concerning man’s survival after death.”

About 3,000 years ago the same “commonsense view” was given by a king who wrote: “For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun. All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol [mankind’s common grave], the place to which you are going.”​—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10.

King Solomon’s description of death and its effects has no hints of an immortal soul surviving into some other form of conscious existence. The dead “are conscious of nothing at all.”

Regarding death, Psalm 146:4 says: “His spirit* [or, life-force; Hebrew, ruʹach] goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” [*: Some translations say “breath.”]

So according to the Bible, conscious life does not continue for a person after his spirit/life-force leaves the body.

Is Your Course of Life Death-Oriented?

MAN desires to live. Yet death is a feature of present human existence. This single fact profoundly affects the way that people live their lives, and their view of life itself.

Even those who deny a religious attitude often try to pack as much living as they can into their short life-span. They live under the shadow of death. Many religiously oriented persons, believing that humans possess an immortal spirit soul, hope that death will give them an escape from the physical existence into a spirit one. This is why so many cultures are death-oriented, and practice some form of honoring the dead, whose souls are thought to be in conscious existence in a spirit world. On the other hand, the hope of life that the Bible holds out is not based on the idea that the soul survives after death.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES

The Bible identifies the living man as “living soul,” comprised of the body and the “breath of life.” (Gen. 2:7) The Bible also speaks of a spirit in both animals and humans. (Ps. 104:25-30; Eccl. 3:19, 20) This spirit is the force of life in each cell of the body. It is sustained by the oxygen-rich air and food that God has provided. At the time that God made the first human pair, he provided all the conditions that would make it possible for them and their offspring to continue living forever, if they remained obedient to their Creator. Disobedience would produce death.​—Gen. 2:8, 9, 15-17.

Death is the opposite of life as a living soul. For this reason, after Adam sinned by disobedience, God told him: “Because you listened to your wife’s voice and took to eating from the tree . . . In pain you will eat . . . all the days of your life . . . until you return to the ground, . . . For dust you are and to dust you will return.” Because man did not measure up to God’s requirement for life, the days of his life ended and he returned to the dust from which he was taken. He died.​—Gen. 3:17-19.

The Bible consistently presents this view of death. Regarding the effects of the flood of Noah’s day, the record says: “All flesh that was moving upon the earth expired, . . . all mankind. Everything in which the breath of the force of life was active . . . died.” (Gen. 7:21, 22) ‘Eight souls were carried safely through the water.’ (1 Pet. 3:20) The Christian writer of the book of Romans confirmed that “the wages sin pays is death.” (Rom. 6:23) He agreed with the Bible’s declaration that “the soul that is sinning​—it itself will die,” and that the soul ceases to have a conscious existence at death: “In that day his thoughts do perish.”​—Ezek. 18:20; Ps. 146:4.

PRACTICES BASED ON A DECEPTION

However, the Bible teaches that a spirit realm exists. “God is a Spirit.” (John 4:24) He created other spirit persons long before man or the animals were made. (Job 38:4, 7) Some of these, including the one now known as Satan, rebelled against God and have been ostracized from enlightenment in God’s family of faithful angels. (Gen. 3:1-15; 6:1-7; 1 Pet. 3:19, 20; Jude 6) They have become deceivers, intent on convincing people that man survives death in spirit form. (Rev. 12:9) They are the ones that impersonate the dead and produce manifestations that make people believe that they can have contact with the spirits of the dead. This is why some form of worship of the dead is practiced in all parts of the world.​—Isa. 8:19.

edit on 30-3-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You create your reality. Whatever you believe, you become. You create your own version of heaven or hell. Whatever you believe happens to you at transition will be your experience including all limitations that you've imposed on your own mind.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

So you're saying people have responsibility.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Death is not the end?

Oh great, more good news./s

Just kidding, it's been a rough couple of months.

Looking forward to the Next Step, wherever it comes, I hope my transition is peaceful.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Please elaborate?

Who was responsible?

Judas?

There isn't a day goes by without the Jews being blamed for something. The way idiots go on about the jews, you would think they were some sort of super human, they are apparently capable of so much. Obviously ignoring the fact they are the most persecuted group of people there has ever been. They were persecuted by the Egyptions, they were persecuted by Hitler and they are now persecuted by the muslims in the middle east.

"For the Jews who held most power and sway with the Romans" so not all Jews at the time just the ones with a vested interest and the power to have Him crucified.

My daughters are Jewish, their great grand mother was liberated from a German concentration camp when she was 12 years old, she had 9 miscarriages as a woman because of the malnutrition she endured in the camps. Idiot.
edit on 31-3-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: redchad

We are all just made up of the same stuff. My best guess is we are all part of the same thing, so when we are cruel to each other we are only cruel to ourselves.

This why Christ taught us to forgive and to love our enemies, we're fragments of a whole.

Oh really!
How's about killing everyone But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee. Dueteronomy I think

You're quoting the god of the old testament.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I liked how Einstein summed it up, religion without science being blind while science without religion is lame. Once upon time, religion was technically science since religions held the basis for being the first institutions an even record keeping. Hell, they both wear white robes performing rituals, tempting forces of nature, have a thing for math, books an cleanliness.

Mythology more like Sci-fiction an sci-fantasy, just amazing a yet terrifying could Sci-fi be. Cellphones an automatic doors used to be fiction, while if fantasy were a reality it just raises many more questions an semantics.
edit on 1-4-2023 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I know we do not have the current understanding to explain life or consciousness yet. However if we look at science there it is not possible to destroy anything in this universe. All that can be done is we can transfer energy or change state. Why would life be any different. We are all just made up of the same stuff. My best guess is we are all part of the same thing, so when we are cruel to each other we are only cruel to ourselves. And im sorry those that follow organised religion, but they all prove themselves wrong in their own writings now we as a race have discovered science.

Organized religion may play into the creation of afterlife, so don't knock it.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: redchad

Oh really!

Dude, if you want to go on a killing spree, nobody is bothering you..
edit on 1-4-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The truth being, if there is a god, we are it, all of us as a collective. Everything is connected.

In your original post you claimed that we're all fighting each other and hurting ourselves. What's your logic or rational behind thinking that a collective would behave this way? While we may all be connected physically, we're not all connected spiritually.

edit on 1-4-2023 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Jesus resurrected already so here we are in time now.

edit on 1-4-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join