It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 36 Children now have Autism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Anyone over 40 do you remember

I'm, cough
a little over 40.

I'd agree that the higher numbers are due to testing. I'm doubtful the percentages went up significantly, it's just the testing and awareness that have gone up. They used to just call the kid odd or a dreamer or some other colloquialism. The kids back then that they can help now just fell through the cracks.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Anyone over 40 do you remember

I'm, cough
a little over 40.

I'd agree that the higher numbers are due to testing. I'm doubtful the percentages went up significantly, it's just the testing and awareness that have gone up. They used to just call the kid odd or a dreamer or some other colloquialism. The kids back then that they can help now just fell through the cracks.

Yes, I'm one of those kids. I only did well in school if the assignment required independent creativity.

I'm 76.

High Functioning Autism does seem to be inherited -- it runs in families.

Which is another reason I consider it an evolution of humans.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am *cough, cough* over 45.
Back in the day when we had FAR FEWER vaccines.
I do remember the sugar cubes that were distributed for polio.

So, grade school, all eight grades.
We had no kids with allergies.
One boy in my grade has developmental issues, and was held back one grade after first grade.
Two-three boys in my grade were behavioral problems.

In the school: one boy a grade of two behind me died of brain cancer.
One girl a grade older than I had polio.

That's about it.

And, FWIW, that 1 in 36 is probably far too kind.
Maybe 1 in 20 or less.
There is probably a lot of cases that are too mild to be suspicious or counted, just like with the abundant numbers of "post viral syndrome".

edit on Fri Mar 24 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Polio and measles vaccines were rolled out after the pandemics they didn't end them. They also pushed a bunch of polio vaccines with Simian SV 40 virus contamination causing cancer in 100s of thousand and they knew it and didn't recall them for years.

Really? Because polio still exists… but only in certain parts of the globe. I wonder why that is.

The rest of your post looks like you went to google translate and went from English to Buzzwords.

Like everything, vaccines are nuanced. I’ve never gotten a flu shot or ever plan to. My hand was forced on the COVID vax and I’d gladly go back and reverse it if I could, but I haven’t gotten any boosters.

At the end of the day, even if some people have adverse effects, if we look at global populations now vs before vaccines, I’d say we’re better off and have taken care of a lot of nasty diseases. We need to be pragmatic about it though and not make everyone get every vax if they don’t need it like flu (not a true vaccine)

But maybe some people still need flu shots, because they wouldn’t brush off a crappy week or two like you or I.

But I will applaud you on speaking in such strong absolutes and convictions about a lot of this. Hell, I can’t even get that many straight forward answers out of my doctor, he’ll usually give me an honest shake of both sides and a suggestion on tricky things like the COVID shot, and maybe he’ll be a bit more direct on more cut and dry things.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Like many things it is nuanced as you said.
Cost/risk
risk/reward

Life is an endless risk analysis.

However, no outside entity should mandate upon an individual.

Sorry you had to get jabbed.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I read a study years ago that said that using peanut oil as an adjuvant for infant vaccines can cause peanut allergies in the undeveloped systems of infants.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

i'd be curious how it compares in different countries, or what the stats show for communities like the Amish who don't use traditional western "medicine"

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You put it well.

And while my hand was forced, it was ultimately my decision. In the heyday of it all, I would have missed out on a best friends wedding, seeing my mom who has Cancer, and staying ahead of possible travel restrictions.

I just didn’t want to be the one who got someone sick especially if they are vulnerable. Obviously hindsight shows it didn’t really do much of anything lol.

But I knew it was a risk. So was not skipping any work at all, and fully expecting to catch it at least once which I have. It was extremely mild for me.

To date, I can’t think of any side effects from the jab or COVID that I’m aware of. The only reason I’d go back and reverse the jab if I could is I simply didn’t need it, and we funded the research and they’re quadrupling the cost of it even though effectively tax payers paid for it’s inception. Plus it’s almost useless for a vast majority of population. Sickening really.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes, ultimately your decision but the coercion is still evident in your describing of it.

That coercion was a PR campaign and a complicit press.

I knew I was not getting the job long before it was ready. The simple fact that you had Trump going full bore for it and the D's at the time saying they would not take it was enough for me to see that this would be a political tool and not a tool for humanity. This long before studies were put out and input from the public became prevalent.

Trying to steer back on topic here, I'm of the same brain when it comes to autism, anxiety, aspbergers etc.

While those things are real, as in they can be scientifically proven, the scale IMO has been opened up. Creating a whole generation of people dependent upon the medical industry and govt.

The same with the trend of non binary, trans ect.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Keep an eye out for cheeseburgers in your back pocket too 🧐

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

i'd be curious how it compares in different countries, or what the stats show for communities like the Amish who don't use traditional western "medicine"

Oh, yea, Mordecai, he’s not to handle the wood working tools.
(Or inversely, Mordecai is the best wood worker they’ve ever seen, but struggles with other tasks they’d find easy)

I imagine complex conditions are euphemisms in communities who don’t practice modern medicine.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think they need to add more to this. Oh, wait, they are!

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I’m sure there are many genuine assessments of ‘autism’ in children these days but I prefer to call it poor parenting syndrome.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
I’m sure there are many genuine assessments of ‘autism’ in children these days but I prefer to call it poor parenting syndrome.

I was in denial for quite a while.

High-Functioning Autism is a different "beast".

But Yeah! It's real.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

There is Autism in the Amish community.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
My wife is an early childhood intervention screener for the state of Arizona. Basically, if you have a child that is 3 years old or older (pre-K) and displaying disabilities the state will step in and start providing help, speech, motor skills whatever.

More and more my wife is saying it's a disciplinary problem at home and not a disability problem. They had a screening day out of 8 kids only 1 was referred to the state for early intervention.

2 of the other kids came in with an Autism diagnosis from private doctors and my wife and her team don't have to use them. They do their own screenings with Psychologists and Speech pathologists. Parents get upset when the state doesn't accept these private practice diagnoses.

Sometimes these parents are just trying to get free daycare. Others are just wanting an excuse as to why their kid is a mess. Very few actually meet the quals for early intervention.

I was just talking to my co teacher about this. I am in complete agreement with what your wife is saying.

I work with pre-k. I watch the way the child parent interaction works. One time I flat out saw a parent try to calm her kid who would not go to her when she called. She went up to mom after her getting called 3 times in a very quiet calm voice by her mother. She then proceeded to click her arm back and slap her mother across the face. The mothers response was to call the child over once more in the same voice and stand up. She waited for the child to stop running away and up and down a near by ramp. Then the child left with the mother when she was done.
Much of this is parenting issues.

My child wont go to bed past 10:30 so you have to keep them up from nap. We can not do that. It is not allowed. It is a right for the child to sleep. How about... and ya know, this might work... set some boundaries and rules for your kid!

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Mine was first diagnosed about age 2.

He came to me in AZ about age 11 -- was then diagnosed by a state licensed psychologist through the school system.

He's official

Not bad parenting.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos

My child wont go to bed past 10:30 so you have to keep them up from nap. We can not do that. It is not allowed. It is a right for the child to sleep. How about... and ya know, this might work... set some boundaries and rules for your kid!

Easier said than done.

Mine is OCD and germaphobe (age 15). Takes about 2 hours in the bathroom every night, must be clean. Will not even sit on his bed until he is fully clean every night.

I keep him on a tight schedule so he can be in the bathroom by 8pm.

You can't really change these behaviors. You have to find work-arounds.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's getting more and more ridiculous every year -
I think most children (and many adults) claim to have any condition, such as ADHD, OCD, ODD, migraines, anxiety, depression, and any number of allergies or disorders such as dyslexia, cannot tolerate this food or that. Just pick one.
I think we are raising a generation of wimps, who want to stay in bed all day, using some excuse or other.
When I was a kid, you just went to school and got on with it, and you did your homework no matter what, or else.
We weren't spoiled or had it easy like today's children.
That is not to say that that there are not some true cases of 'autism' and other disorders, but I believe many are simply the results of parents ignoring / spoiling children.

edit on 24-3-2023 by RonnieJersey because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join