It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy and any future we can realistically dream of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
With all the mega bucks spent on renewable energy you would think we would be a bit further along as far as providing energy to the world; but alas we are far far far away from many countries stated goals and dreams. China seems to be sitting in a rather favorable position with their lax environmental laws and known deposits of rare earth minerals.... Hummmm

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

with the eco laws, yes. Rare earth minerals are overwhelmingly produced in China at 80% of the worlds material coming from them. Yes this is due to their laws which allows them to destroy the environment to get to them. However this is short term. China in the next 20-30 years will have to adjust. This involves cleaning up their environment. I think they will as the reality they will do what is in their best interest. There are rare earth deposits elsewhere in the globe, Afghanistan, the US, Africa. its just a matter of the will in mining them.

Camain

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Working nuclear fusion plants are what's required given the future energy demands of our nations.

Because the fact of the matter is anything else simply is not going to cut the proverbial mustard a few decades down the line should the demand for energy keep increasing.
edit on 10-3-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Every time I drive past a wind farm, 90% aren’t turning. The other day I saw three in a row of wind turbines that looked like their oil seal blew out, oil all over the front of the gear box area.

They scar the land to install these things, and will be scared for thousands of years.

What an eye sore, they destroy the mountain scenery out west.

edit on 10-3-2023 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
yeah, I'm bored, too. with tech. But, that's what I get for not doing it myself.

Remember everyone that home-brewed ZPE devices out of junk scraps that went public were murdered?

Cowardice is a sin, I tell myself. And here we are, not vacationing on Saturn for giggles in "2023".

Let's get to work, then.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Also, global oil production per capita peaked back in 1979.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Working nuclear fusion plants are what's required given the future energy demands of our nations.

Not at all. Current and future demands could easily be met by extremely safe LFTRs, buildable today.

Not that Fusion wuld be bad, but will it be as safe as LFTRs are? I honestly don't know...

join