It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can a bolide cause strange ground effects?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So I am not sure where this belongs so move it if need be.

I was Driving in a country area by my house last night and it was COLD and very clear as far as visibility goes.

Out of my left side comes this green light that moves across my window and quickly(very quickly) and left a green tail behind it that was pretty long and surprisingly solid, there must have been gas being released because the trail hung in the air for a second or 2.

I cant accurately judge distance and high of the object in the sky but it was ripping across the sky so it makes me think it was lower than normal, I did not hear and big sonic boom if anything it was a low high frequency rumble that i felt more than heard.

At this point i had pulled over and as i was hitting the side of the road my (brand new) F250 died, everything shut off that flickered and with a twist of the key it came right back on.

i have a hard time believing what i saw was ET in a UFO sense but the effects on my car were certainly odd, maybe the copper or whatever was in the meteorite/bolide made a small EMP if that is even possible(i doubt it but i saw it)

Has anyone else seen these effects or odd green meteorites, it didnt seem to change vector, or any other direction change it just straked across the sky with a delayed medium to large puled low frequency.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: laserbrain1

There is a something called green lady, not sure it has anything to do with what you saw. Couple of threads on ATS just make a search for green lady and compare notes I'm too lazy

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

is that a UFO thing, i just want to narrow the search

edit on 19-2-2023 by laserbrain1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Look i already spent more time i wanted making sure the green lady wasn't a figment of my imagination, and steering you in the right direction...
Just folow the instructions and your questions won't be questioned...

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Your truck, being new, you might get an answer from having a mechanic plug in a scanner and check the history.

Also, your truck, being new, has lots of sensors and communications networks that can be affected by unusual events. It might have just detected something that made it confused.

I would take it to the dealer and get them to check why it shut off from a safety concern standpoint. You don't want it stopping in front of a 18 wheeler going 70 miles per hour.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Green = copper. I've seen one. My wife and daughter were walking with me for an evening stroll when we just happened to be looking at the right part of the sky. I would estimate we saw it for a half-second, just enough time to register before it was gone. I pegged it as traveling from North to South. Newspaper accounts the next day reported several dozen people had called it in, but nobody could agree on direction of travel. I never thought it was anything other than a meteor or piece of space junk. It's the only thing I have ever seen that was the least bit questionable.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

An F-250, eh? You know what Ford stands for, right? 😝

Jokes aside, copper was most likely not the cause, but nickel. It's far more common in the solar system and also gives a green glow to bodies entering the atmosphere. No EMP would be generated, even if it were copper (the copper would have to be coiled around iron for the effect). If an EMP could have been generated from such an event, it would be incredibly common and known phenomena.

Did you check NASA’s All Sky Fireball Network. It's not very comprehensive coverage, but if you're in one of the covered areas there's a very high chance it picked it up.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

it very well could have been one of those odd things that seem connected but aren't.

it was very pretty.

i looked into what the green lady is and it sounds like that kind of but the thing i saw was going so fast there is no way it was anything but something like a meteorite/bolide.

it for sure landed in the ocean somewhere if there was anything left to land that is.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Wisconsin gets green fireballs occasionally.

Bright Green Fireball over Wisconsin and Illinois

www.amsmeteors.org...

"Major," Green Meteor Lights Midwest Night Sky

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Sputnik Crashed Here

new topics

top topics

join