It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Catholic church and the Pope are pagan not Christian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I wanted to mention history a lot more in my post to DevotedResearcher but figured I'd wander off too much.

Eastern religions were well known to some by the time the Americas were found. I find it ironic that new age mysticism evolved from some of the oldest known forms of Paganism to "the west" and it appears thoughts on eastern paganism is/was different than those of Americas, Africa and Europe.

Some stigmas truly are historic.
I hope you have fun digging into the anthropological side of things, we're a fascinating species.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: DevotedResearcher

. . . some monotheistic religions systematically dismantled paganism within every facet of existence they found.

That's rather ambiguous.

You mean they slaughtered pagans?

One thing I hate about “The Good Book” the Bible is the violence in the Old Testament.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think your definition is more acceptable now in modern times.

I have learned from pagen writings and pagen friends that most of Christianity is plagerised from pagen teachings.

The practices at Easter, Christmas, and other holidays as an example. The very gathering at a church was not a Christian thing in the begining.
edit on 2 10 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

I have learned from pagen writings and pagen friends that most of Christianity is plagerised from pagen teachings.

Also, it is my understanding that Jesus Christ was not the first person to teach, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

And, in my opinion, that one statement is the most important teaching of all time, and one any of us can actually figure out for ourselves; we don't need a leader to do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

gathering at a church was not a Christian thing in the begining.

Oh they gathered a lot. In the beginning it was a (literally) underground movement. A secret club. It was people coming together experience some bonding exercise like singing together, dancing together, the ritual encompassing every meeting... and they talked and helped eachother out.
Somebody told a story or read a letter from one of the Apostles, they sent eachother bread baskets...

Christianity is plagerised from pagen teachings.

Sure. How else could it be? No human has ever told a story that wasn't build on other stories.
But it's also location. In Europe the churches were often built on places that were holy before Christianity arrived.
I think in the saints you can see traces of ancestor/hero worship which was very important to the pagans.
But I don't see why that should be a 'bad thing'. To me that's exactly what religion should be. History of our spiritual development, our connections to the places and ancestors that still carry us through.
Hope you don't mind I went a little poetic at the end.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's a lot more than killing people.

Old world monotheism often called for the dismantling and salting of your enemy's way of existence. That said the same could easily apply to Pagans too.

Apologies for the ambiguity, it's easier than explaining how they went about annihilating cultures historically. So many groups you know?

Often enough the ways will be demonised such as their medicines, food culture, style, burial sites, how they congregate, when they congregate... It really goes on tbh.

Then there's the replacing of holy sites with new ones with a different image, similar practices can happen in other "facets of existence" such as ceremony.

I could probably write for days on how what amounts to genocide was practiced in the past, without pointing a finger. Such practices often went both ways throughout history so it's often not the Pagan or the God follower who'd necessarily be to blame.

For me I'm much more fascinating by the human dynamics and potential for organisation than picking a side or anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
So many groups you know?

Yes.

So, humankind worldwide, as in we the people, need to get it that "us vs. them" is counter-productive for us all.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I cannot take credit for that. It comes from the teachings of the prophet Bugs Bunny.

edit on 2 10 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The sin within the Catholicism lies not in the church but in the people. Geez. Catholicism is such a scumy immoral perversion.

a reply to: Dalamax

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The sin within the Catholicism lies not in the church but in the people.

So, you are labelling and stereotyping 1.3 Billion people.
Based on what?

Catholicism is such a scumy immoral perversion.

Care to expand a bit on any of this?

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thank you brother.

God bless you.

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid
Hello, demonologist. I'm totally responding to your headline and post text, and not the video (yet), so you can discern me. The first thing that came to mind is how the Synagogue of Satan has weaponized their daddy's lies into fiction as tradition and potential mass (HA!) behavior. I also thought of the Old Testament Book of Job, and how that man had nothing but his mortal body and love for God to live with, as opposed to me. I have a hoard of Bibles, books and (tcho-)tchotchkes that some use frequently like fidget toys. Then there's the whole "by whose perspective" thing about definitions; pagan as peasant, heathen as norsemen? Then there's the Greek Orthodoxy, and the Old Testament instructions for rituals and particular things one can make in order to improve order, like tech generally does. You know, If only Christians in general would read the Bible by the Holy Spirit, not their individual interpretation. That's just from your post headline.

Your post text points out the strange in-fighting that keeps happening amongst Christians of all kinds. Sad, but everyone on Earth is supposed to talk to each other about life beyond the mundane. It happens. Anyway, thank you for posting this video, brother's keeper. You actually care.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

This New World Religion will be a re-establishment of the ancient Mysteries of Initiation. (Alice Bailey, The Reappearance of the Christ, p. 71; Bailey, The Externalisation Of The Hierarchy, p. 511-515). Literally, this statement means that the Ancient Satanic Mysteries of Babylon and Egypt will be re-established as the religion of the world. In other words, public Satanism will be established, and will be practiced as openly.

Bailey states repeatedly in The Externalisation Of The Hierarchy that traditional Protestant religions must change their doctrines prior to the establishment of the New World Order. They must abandon their insistence on rigid doctrinal positions. Mankind has a great "need for spiritual unity and to throw overboard all separative theological attitudes and dogmas in every field of thought." (p. 378). These old dogmatic doctrines must give way to the ancient Satanic Mysteries, as we have already quoted. BP: "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." (1 Timothy 4:1).

Teaches the doctrine that Maitreya will be greater than Jesus Christ. "While Jesus had had a resurrected body after the crucifixion, he had to forfeit that body because he had not earned the right to keep it [because] Jesus was only a fourth level initiate, whereas Gautama Buddha was a sixth level initiate. However, Lord Maitreya himself was a seventh level initiate and the only one eligible for such a high level of initiation." (Cumbey, Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow, p. 96-7).

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
The sin within the Catholicism lies not in the church but in the people. Geez. Catholicism is such a scumy immoral perversion.

That make you feel better? What’s next, slaughter all Catholics?

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You hadn’t listened to the presentation at this stage had you peeps?

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A Government has one purpose, to achieve what no one person can do for themself. That’s it.

Anything else is over reaching their mandate.

a reply to: Observer19

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Technically, I'm neither Christian or Catholic, but my interests lead me to study Christianism quite deeply. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm commenting here just to help clear the air for those who might need it.

The issue is that Christians who obsess with Revelations (which is quite a different book in the New Testament, and millions of Christians even consider it a satanic invention), is that they tend to forget many of Jesus commandments from the gospels. The apocalyptic fear leads them astray from the teachings, and they end up forgetting.

What did Jesus say about groups and people who used his name for whatever purpose?...

"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."

"Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us," (Mark 9:38-40 NIV).

So, whatever nefarious thing the Pope or the Church are doing will impact in their own salvation, and not the rest of the Christian world who abide to Jesus' commandments in the gospels.

As said, I have no dog in this fight, just bringing some light and logic. Hope that helped.

Regarding how religions intersect with each other (Pagans, Christians, Hindus, Muslims), etc. we could write until we die and still find no end to it. It's all connected and intercrossed in so many ways. That's why me, personally, tend to push the reeds aside and simply focus on the metaphysics (the core teachings of the masters), which is really the only thing that should matter, I believe.

edit on 10-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Like the concept of karma cola? The new age brand for western tastes!

a reply to: RAY1990

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

gathering at a church was not a Christian thing in the begining.

Christianity is plagerised from pagen teachings.

I think in the saints you can see traces of ancestor/hero worship which was very important to the pagans.
But I don't see why that should be a 'bad thing'. To me that's exactly what religion should be. History of our spiritual development, our connections to the places and ancestors that still carry us through.
Hope you don't mind I went a little poetic at the end.

You still haven’t listened to the video have you.
edit on 10-2-2023 by Dalamax because: Edit for brevity

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The sin within the Catholicism lies not in the church but in the people.

So, you are labelling and stereotyping 1.3 Billion people.
Based on what?

Catholicism is such a scumy immoral perversion.

Care to expand a bit on any of this?

It was a comment about the content of the source video.

Has anyone else here actually listened to the source?

May as well be a reply to Topcraft as well.

edit on 10-2-2023 by Dalamax because: Knee goes jerk.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You need to study eastern orthodox Christianity which broke away from the Roman Catholic church...Schism 1054....

What caused the break up? Reread OP....for the reasons mentioned in OP.

a reply to: ltrz2025

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join