It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie deaths of 17 women baffle Miami

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

Did they check them for nicotine?
Seems like he could just shove a high dose nicotine lozenge up their butts.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A 50gram pouch of tobacco distilled to its essence and administered appropriately?

a reply to: hadriana

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
When I made this post, I didn't realize that the site wouldn't notify me of replies to my post or comments. I don't know if it is just a problem with my browser or if other people also have this problem but since then, I just go back and check to see if someone has responded to my post or comment.

Today I went back and looked at this post and had no idea so many people had commented on it so I am going to now respond to those comments I can. Hope it doesn't piss anyone off that I'm about to make several comments in a row on my own thread.
edit on 24-4-2023 by Antimony because: typo.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So they never found the killer? Or did I miss something.

Very sad case if not.
I wonder if anyone is still working on it?

I have not been able to find one single other article about this. I have found independent reports of the bodies being found and information about individual cases, but nothing about the perpetrator or possible perpetrator or if they ever did actually conclude it was a serial killer or something else.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
The "War on Drugs" and AIDS were all the rage back then, mix in some threats of nuclear war and you have all the makings of a wonderful childhood!

Here is another story that was amplified and became well known even amongst youngsters of the time:

UPI ARCHIVES JUNE 11, 1980
Comedian Richard Pryor burned while "freebasing"

LOS ANGELES (UPI) -- Comedian Richard Pryor told doctors he was mixing coc aine with ether - a new drug craze known as "freebasing" - and the materials exploded in his face, causing severe burns that threatened his life, police said Tuesday.

"I screwed up, man, I screwed up," a neighbor quoted Pryor as screaming as he ran from his posh home in an apparent panic of pain.

Arson investigators said they found no evidence of drugs or flammable liquid in Pryor's home but they did not search the house until more than 12 hours after the Monday night explosion that scorched a wall, the ceiling and floor of his bedroom.

Police said Pryor had told the doctors treating him that he had been "freebasing,", and that the material exploded in his face and engulfed his body in flames.

An aunt smothered the blaze with sheets and Pryor then ran out of the house screaming in pain.

Freebase is a mixture of coc aine and some type of flammable liquid, usually ether, which is burned to purify the coc aine. Pryor has publicly admitted in the past he has used coc aine.

Pryor suffered first, second and third degree bums over 50 percent of his body and was listed in critical but stable condition at the Sherman Oaks Community Hospital burn ward.

Doctors said victims in Pryor's age group who suffer such burns have a survival rate of just 25 to 35 percent. But he was reported responding to whirpool treatments to remove charred skin and flesh late Tuesday.

Gary Swaye, assistant executive director of the burn ward, said Pryor was "lucid."

RIP Richard Pryor - Thanks for scaring us away from the new drug craze!

Read the rest of the story at the UPI SOURCE
A modern take on the story: ABC NEWS

I saw this article too. It is hard to know whether someone had cleaned up the scene to remove drugs because the police said first that he ignited a flammable liquid, then later that the flammable liquid was part of the freebase mixture.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Is it the work of a serial killer? Probably not. Most likely...the effects of coc aine.

That's not what your source states, although you left that part out:

Last week, for the first time, the county’s chief medical examiner, Dr. Joseph Davis, pronounced the deaths probable homicides. “I suspect we are looking at the work of one man,” he said.

Not sure why you're so sure it's otherwise...

I find it interesting that there is no mention at all of any DNA tests... for bodily fluids. The article rules out trauma, so presumably that precludes rape, and since they were prostitutes, bodily fluids could be expected. I would think even back then they could test for bodily fluids and determine if they traced back to one person?

I did not include that because it appears to have taken them 2 1/2 years and 17 bodies before they considered that it was a serial killer.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
"IF" it's a serial killer then how was he killing them? Couldn't have been a obvious method like a knife or gun. And the one girl tested negative for drugs? Either not part of the group or the killer has a method that leaves no evidence of it's use.

Unless this is a Supernatural episode and the girls are being scared to death. Or that far back maybe it's a Winchesters episode instead.

The article mentions perhaps forced fellatio (unlikely) or another method of asphyxiation.

Dr. Richard Souverin, a well-known forensic dentist, has been called in to examine the lips of the dead women. One theory suggests that they died from “forced fellatio,” which cut off their air supply.
In that regard, Souverin is also comparing the women’s teeth with any marks found on suspects--so far unproductively. “If the skin is broken and a scar is left, you can make a match,” he said.
And Dr. George Hensley, who teaches pathology at the University of Miami Medical School, has been asked to offer his opinion. He believes someone is suffocating the women in a way that leaves no signs of trauma.
But how? “You’re talking about little girls on the street, and it’s not too hard to asphyxiate them, especially when you have their backs on the ground and your weight on their abdomen,” he said.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stelth2

Very interesting. How the heck did you catch that?

Well I have been kind of researching the Justice department, the suicide of Phillip Taylor Kramer, Dan Casolaro/the octopus/INSLAW and found some connections with players in that to the deaths of Len Bias and David Ruffin which caused me to become interested in the "war on drugs/just say no" propaganda and that is where I came across this article.

I am working on a couple posts about the connections I have found but finding this old information, especially about the Justice department is kind of difficult sometimes.
edit on 24-4-2023 by Antimony because: typo.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Well that's sure frustrating! And weird too. But kudos on making the effort to "tend your thread". Don't worry about having several comments in a row. That's just how it works sometimes 🤷

Now I need to remind myself what the thread is about so I can properly reply to you...

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I did not include that because it appears to have taken them 2 1/2 years and 17 bodies before they considered that it was a serial killer.

Ahhhh... gotcha!

I still don't know why they didn't test for bodily fluids. I thought that was standard in autopsies. Perhaps they did and it wasn't mentioned. Perhaps it was too long after the fact to work.

Very strange... and sad.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Ahhhh... gotcha!

I still don't know why they didn't test for bodily fluids. I thought that was standard in autopsies. Perhaps they did and it wasn't mentioned. Perhaps it was too long after the fact to work.

Very strange... and sad.

Me either its so sad and weird. A lot of their families felt like the police weren't even investigating the deaths at all because of stereotypes. So I don't know.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

hmm if I looked more into this id be willing to bet they were early xvis test subjects or LyAv test subjects

"neural exhaustion"

what better subjects to test exotic things on than prostitutes drug users and the homeless

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join