It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Votes to Reduce U.S. Dues to U.N.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I understand that they dontlike the curruption but those where acts by a small group of people....just like the prisnor abuses in iraqi and afghani prisons...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I for one think the U.S. should quit the U.N. the handling of the recent scandals is scadalious. Koffi should resign but I fear Mr Bill Clinton would jump at the chance to take over the position.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endsoftheworld
I for one think the U.S. should quit the U.N. the handling of the recent scandals is scadalious. Koffi should resign but I fear Mr Bill Clinton would jump at the chance to take over the position.

I think your fear of "Billary" in charge of the entire planet is well founded. Hillary will make a strong run on 2008 at the presidency, unfortunately I think Bush43 will get Bill put in as UN "God" in place of Koffi. That may have been Bill's plan from the start when he pushed Koffi on the UN. He may have know Koffi's complete incompetence and planned to "save" the planet from the start.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Maybe its time to set up an organisation that has some actual power rather than something that thinks it has power until some country or another thinks it can ignore what it says? The United nations is no Better than the League of Nations, limited success in not-too-controvertial areas and an utter failure in things that actuall matter due to indifference of the superpowers at the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What your suggesting is a militant alliance.....basically a new world order hidden in a viel peace...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by christconserv
Devilwasp. You speak about how many people have been killed by American weapons. What about the Russians and Chinese.? How many people have lost there life from russian and chinese landmines and AK-47's?

The russians and chinese are supporting the UN in anti land mine actions...
The sell of AK-47's is wrong and thats one of the major faults of china and russia.

At least you are honest.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
devilwasp im not suggesting anything of the sort If people really wanted peace they would make the sacrifices necessary. Just look at the european union there was no military aspect to it yet has managed to keep europe peaceful for a longer period in history than ever before.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy
devilwasp im not suggesting anything of the sort If people really wanted peace they would make the sacrifices necessary. Just look at the european union there was no military aspect to it yet has managed to keep europe peaceful for a longer period in history than ever before.

Sure sounds like it..
The EU has not kept europe at peace for a longer period of history thatn before...
Thats the UN and the actions of seperate countries working together...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Qoute From Devil Wasp: I dont hate america, I hate thier forign policy and the men and women who done wrong to the people of the world.

So then you hate America.. While you tell us your lies and try to pursade us in you half truths , you have consistanly shown me , that you really hate the USA and me for not agreeing with your madness. Many Blessings DevilWasp , hope that you understand that when something is over its over , and the UN is well past done take it out of the oven..

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zman
So then you hate America.. While you tell us your lies and try to pursade us in you half truths , you have consistanly shown me , that you really hate the USA and me for not agreeing with your madness. Many Blessings DevilWasp , hope that you understand that when something is over its over , and the UN is well past done take it out of the oven..

Firstly I havent lied I dont hate the USA I like americans, hell most americans in florida are sound.
I dont like the men and women who tarnished thier countries good name.
Might I also add that truth is only your perception of the facts.
I hope that "that something" doesnt happen....The UN is not well past done...it just needs revamped thats all..

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am sorry about telling you what I think , I have a member of my family who is moving away from Florida , as her home was distroyed by a hurricane , but Florida is only 1 of 50 states here in the USA. I see you have a referance to Scottland , well One of my decendants is Sir William Francis Hall. So I have some Scot in me as well as Germany wilh St. Nazarius. So I am a mutt , heck mutts are loyal. Anyway I just do not see how we as Americans can support a form of Government that supports global system that underminds the American life.

[edit on 4/8/2005 by zman]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zman
I am sorry about telling you what I think , I have a member of my family who is moving away from Florida , as her home was distroyed by a hurricane , but Florida is only 1 of 50 states here in the USA. I see you have a referance to Scottland , well One of my decendants is Sir William Francis Hall. So I have some Scot in me as well as Germany wilh St. Nazarius. So I am a mutt , heck mutts are loyal. Anyway I just do not see how we as Americans can support a form of Government that supports global system that underminds the American life.

[edit on 4/8/2005 by zman]

What?
The UN is not a government ,what gave you that idea?
The UN doesnt undermine american way of life...hell it helps your people or did you forget international law?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The EU has not kept europe at peace for a longer period of history thatn before... Thats the UN and the actions of seperate countries working together...

That is simply untrue, the originator of the EU, i.e. the European Coal and Steel Union, was first thought of by the French civil servant Jean Monnet and his original reason behind founding it was to make it economically impossible for France and Germany to ever have a war again. This is historical fact. The UN has indeed played an important role as has NATO (nasty Russia and all) but the reason the major European powers did not have another war can be placed in large measure on the door of men like Conrad Adenaur, Jean Monnet, Robert Schuman, De Gaspari and Spaaks.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That is simply untrue, the originator of the EU, i.e. the European Coal and Steel Union, was first thought of by the French civil servant Jean Monnet and his original reason behind founding it was to make it economically impossible for France and Germany to ever have a war again. This is historical fact. The UN has indeed played an important role as has NATO (nasty Russia and all) but the reason the major European powers did not have another war can be placed in large measure on the door of men like Conrad Adenaur, Jean Monnet, Robert Schuman, De Gaspari and Spaaks.

Umm it would have been impossible for germany to have a war anyhow...you remember those bases in there?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Umm it would have been impossible for germany to have a war anyhow...you remember those bases in there?

Do you remember the remilitarisation of the Rhineland? French and British army sitting tight doing nothing while Hitler danced all over the Versailles Treaty... Where there is a will there's a way...

There is really no point in 'arguing' about this anyway, there was/has been no war since so whatever happened it has worked. This thread was about the UN and my point was that maybe a new organisation that had more power/ability to do anything at all relevant in the world without people being able to veto it would be far more useful in the world.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Do you remember the remilitarisation of the Rhineland? French and British army sitting tight doing nothing while Hitler danced all over the Versailles Treaty... Where there is a will there's a way...

Thats diffrent...there wasnt a base in germany in the 1930's...besides...the treaty was unfair..would you prefer if you couldnt put troops in say texas?
Also there was no way the British army could have done anything..

There is really no point in 'arguing' about this anyway, there was/has been no war since so whatever happened it has worked. This thread was about the UN and my point was that maybe a new organisation that had more power/ability to do anything at all relevant in the world without people
being able to veto it would be far more useful in the world.

...Look...heres the summary...
Would america go along with this new orginisation if it could invade countries at will....includeing the US.?
Would the US go along with a new orginisation that spied on countries to sop international terrorism , even the US?
The US will want a way to stop any action it doesnt like in this "new orginisation".....the US is paraniod and wont settle for anything until it gains total control or paints it as evil...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

the treaty was unfair

the treaty may have been unfair but it was still legally binding. Also hitler himself is said to have been amazed that there was no action taken by either France or Britain over the remilitarization, and it made him in Germany, it gave him enourmous credibility and made France and Britain look like chumps.

Would america go along with this new orginisation if it could invade countries at will.....the US is paraniod and wont settle for anything until it gains total control or paints it as evil...

I agree with you here but its not just the US that would have problems with it...
I believe the only viable way forward for the world is some sort of world government, in somesort of EU model. I know there are very many people that would be against something like this but i see it as the only way the earth will ever get beyond the pety bickering between nations that goes on now.

As my history teacher said "If in 50 years there is no world government, you can dance on my grave".

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I dont get it, Everyone seems to hate the u.s, so why should we help the same people who hate us?

Europe seems to know whats best for the world, you guys should do fine in the u.n without us.

We should get out..

[edit on 8-4-2005 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Great first we piss them off over Iraq, then we are the first to jump on a band wagon towards war possibly in Iran if things dont go to our liking. Now we slap the UN in the face a third time , it was not the whole UN's fault things happened , why punish our allies over something only a few people did....and how long before we are no longer welcome....please people cant we work towards advancement and break our trend of destruction just once? Bush should know better then this...cant he veto the action...and would he? I dont know but if he doesn't start playing ball with all the teams players we are going to get benched.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Then we have the DUTY to cut its head off and kill it. The UN is a den of thieves, rapist, and murderers.

So now it's not only retreating from the UN, you guys also have to kill it? Have you asked the rest of the world what they think, or do you just not care because anyway, the U.S. is always right?

And UNICEF has funded more abortions than it has saved kids? What kind of crazed literature have you been reading? When I went to Africa, one of the things that impressed me the most was a stack of flyers in a clinic, meant to educate parents on the horrors girls go through when they're subjected to a clitoridectomy... it was published by UNICEF.

Ah, but of course, conservatives would just hand those parents a Bible...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join