It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ischemic stroke in people ages 65 and older

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Source: CDC & FDA Identify Preliminary COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Signal for Persons Aged 65 Years and Older Updated Jan. 13, 2023

Following the availability and use of the updated (bivalent) COVID-19 vaccines, CDC’s Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD), a near real-time surveillance system, met the statistical criteria to prompt additional investigation into whether there was a safety concern for ischemic stroke in people ages 65 and older who received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent. Rapid-response investigation of the signal in the VSD raised a question of whether people 65 and older who have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent were more likely to have an ischemic stroke in the 21 days following vaccination compared with days 22-44 following vaccination.

Just an FYI….

An ischemic stroke occurs when a blood vessel supplying the brain becomes blocked, as by a clot. A hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a blood vessel bursts, leaking blood into the brain.

👽
edit on 13-1-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Impossible, it's 1000% safe and effective. Big pharma and the government would never lie. Show evidence that they would lie. You can't.

Oh and I suppose you found this on bitchute! Derp!
edit on 13-1-2023 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

The CDC has ordered an investigation, which is earth shattering
in terms of narrative. I would have put that in the title, but
that would be so that people would notice.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1
The text doesn't actually tell us how likely an ischemic stroke is in general. Just that if such a stroke is going to happen at all, it will happen twice as quickly with older people.
I'm in that age-group, but my vaccination was two years ago, so I seem to have escaped the couple-of-months time frame.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm 70, have COVID now, both Pfizers n booster...was sick...heart condition too...still here.

Oh, and stroke in 2005. Still here...

*Jesus👍
edit on 01234231America/ChicagoFri, 13 Jan 2023 15:33:42 -060033202300000042 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The text doesn't actually tell us how likely an ischemic stroke is in general. Just that if such a stroke is going to happen at all, it will happen twice as quickly with older people.
I'm in that age-group, but my vaccination was two years ago, so I seem to have escaped the couple-of-months time frame.

There is no time frame. People who got it 2 years ago are still having sporadic issues

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I'm 70, have COVID now, both Pfizers n booster...was sick...heart condition too...still here.

Oh, and stroke in 2005. Still here...

*Jesus👍

There are probably many people in their 60s and 70s who smoke 2 packs of cigs and drink in excess daily, drive without a seatbelt always and are still alive, maybe even mostly healthy. But let's face it, the odds are against them. Not because of their habits necessarily but because of their age. Depending on many variables such as location, race etc the average life expectancy also plays a part in longevity.

Just because one lives life on the edge doesn't mean it's a certain death sentence. None of us know when that moment may come regardless of our lifestyle and other things.

For others though, the ones who can't respond to this thread because they no longer inhabit an earthly body even though they lived what is considered a 'clean' lifestyle, hey, sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

So, yay for you. You are blessed so continue to appreciate the life you have and be safe.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
I was just comparing the figures of "21 days" and "22-44 days". That seemed to be the gist of the study; I presume it was referring to peak probability.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Ischemia is a condition caused by a narrowing of a blood vessel, such as an artery, which leads to blockage of the vessel.

Ischemias are usually caused by the build up, over a period of time, of plaques due to cholesterol. On the walls of the blood vessel. The plaques cause the diameter of the vessel to narrow, restricting, and sometimes, blocking the vessel.

The cholesterol plaques can, also, rupture, causing a blockage of the vessel, as well.

People over 65 years of age often are subject to arteriosclerosis, a hardening of the blood vessels due to the extensive build up of these cholesterol-based plaques.

Since vaccines, all vaccines, work by triggering the body's immune system to recognize and fight invading pathogens (viruses and bacteria), and since one of the consequences of the immune systems response to activation is inflammation, it is not surprising that inflammation would impact all body systems following the administration of a vaccine.

It is also not surprising that a population more prone to susceptibility to the effects of a strong immune response-induced form of inflammation would suffer ill effects from such exposure given that the induced effect exacerbates a pre-existing condition.
edit on 13-1-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I really wouldn’t call this a smoking gun or anything. What will become of it? Nothing. Hate to be the downer here but if you read through it, it’s just cheerleading the shots more.

“ A large study of updated (bivalent) vaccines (from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) using the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services database revealed no increased risk of ischemic stroke
A preliminary study using the Veterans Affairs database did not indicate an increased risk of ischemic stroke following an updated (bivalent) vaccine
The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) managed by CDC and FDA has not seen an increase in reporting of ischemic strokes following the updated (bivalent) vaccine
Pfizer-BioNTech’s global safety database has not indicated a signal for ischemic stroke with the updated (bivalent) vaccine
Other countries have not observed an increased risk for ischemic stroke with updated (bivalent) vaccines
Although the totality of the data currently suggests that it is very unlikely that the signal in VSD represents a true clinical risk, we believe it is important to share this information with the public, as we have in the past, when one of our safety monitoring systems detects a signal. CDC and FDA will continue to evaluate additional data from these and other vaccine safety systems. These data and additional analyses will be discussed at the upcoming January 26 meeting of the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee.

No change in vaccination practice is recommended.”

Ridiculous show, and that’s all this is. Here’s a crumb instead of sandwich, now be happy you!
edit on 13-1-2023 by Narvasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Unless the pharmaceutical lobby is offering bounties for rewriting the widely known descriptions of medical conditions without the word clot, you're being a volunteer pharma PR rep and dishonest to boot.

Ischemic strokes are very much associated with blood clots, which are a known side-effect of COVID vaccines. Clots can also a cause an aneurysm, which is associated with hemorrhagic strokes that make up the remainder.

None of you will be able to rewrite the definitions fast enough to keep up with the numerous conditions that COVID vaccines will increasingly be associated with.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you are 65 or older and took their Pfizer concoction you have 21 days in wish you could die from a heart attack, this is for the new and improve jab.

If you took moderna you have 21 to 44 days.

Now, just thinking at that age that you may die front a heart attack within weeks, is enough to give you a real heart attack from stress and worry.

The gift that keeps on giving, guys.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

"odds are against them". Im an EMT and you are spot on.

Thnx

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Back again, sorry....

"You are blessed so continue to appreciate the life you have and be safe."

Thank you for that. God Bless.........MS

top topics

join