It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Virus Circulating - And We Currently Have It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

People are getting sick with mystery illnesses and testing negative for COVID, RSV, and flu. Here's why.

But you could also have something else, like "the older coronaviruses, a virus called adenovirus, and of course just the common cold," Gulick said. All of those can cause an upper respiratory infection too. Other illnesses that are circulating now include metapneumovirus and parainfluenza.

Adenovirus

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This sounds just like what all my mates and family have been suffering with... affected the voice bad etc... yep it is doing the rounds whatever it is !

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
XBB.1.5 is the new Omicron Variant according to the propaganda machine. You may be suffering from that.

I hope that you and your family recover quickly and be safe in the new year. a reply to: VulcanWerks

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Nobody is responding to my question asking if the people who are getting sick had been vaccinated for covid-19.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HUSARIA

I can't speak for everyone, but we had a similar situation in our family. My 6yo had around 103 temp, which is very scary. I had a lot of GI symptoms that were never grounded me but persisted for about a week. None of us are vaccinated. However I know a couple of people who are to contract something identical.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There's no mystery. Its VAIDs. Now every common virus or bacteria is serious, just like if you had AIDS.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUSARIA
Nobody is responding to my question asking if the people who are getting sick had been vaccinated for covid-19.

My wife and I have both been had our primary shots for COVID.

We never get the flu shot - and didn’t this year.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

People are getting sick with mystery illnesses and testing negative for COVID, RSV, and flu. Here's why.

But you could also have something else, like "the older coronaviruses, a virus called adenovirus, and of course just the common cold," Gulick said. All of those can cause an upper respiratory infection too. Other illnesses that are circulating now include metapneumovirus and parainfluenza.

Adenovirus

I think you nailed it here. I was just reading about adenovirus, and it does match our case. Given how nasty these viruses can be, and how it’s gone for us (and many other it appears), I wouldn’t be surprised at all if an aggressive Adenovirus is our culprit.

For us, we finally made it off the couch yesterday to get some things done outside (which made a HUGE difference to how we felt).

However, that energy didn’t last all that long. Once we got inside and warmed up, most symptoms came back. I lost my sense of taste and smell entirely - took a bite of a red onion like it was an apple and nothing.

That seems to have somewhat abated this morning. My fever is basically gone, my wife’s is also now about gone, kiddos are fine ex a lingering cough here and there for the baby who is now probably 90% normal other than taking longer Napa than normal.

This wasn’t “the worse illness” I’ve ever had, but it well might have been for my wife. It hit her very hard.

As an aside, despite it being winter and cold, the fresh air did wonders. Cooling the body down helped, too. I’ll be ensuring I spend a little time outside again today - it provided a lot of relief and helped get it all moving out of my body.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I think you’re right about this.

Those I know who lined up for the jab anytime they could get it virtue signaled themselves into some serious medical problems, and materially reduced their ability to fight infection.

Or, at least, that’s what I’ve observed. The unvaxxed I know have materially fewer health problems than those who are.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A couple of years before Covid, there was a really nasty lower-respiratory virus that started on the East coast of the US, eventually spread to the West Coast - it's dominant feature was coughing to exhaustion, almost like whooping cough. It seemed highly contagious, and I have no doubt but that it would easily kill an elderly person - and it probably killed many.

It was never, to my knowledge, identified by the CDC, so no tests, no standards of care, no tracking. I'd guess there were probably a few thousand pneumonia deaths that winter attributable to this highly contagious disease.

And why I came to believe a pandemic was inevitable - CDC surveillance is for sh*t.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: squittles

A couple of years before Covid, there was a really nasty lower-respiratory virus that started on the East coast of the US, eventually spread to the West Coast - it's dominant feature was coughing to exhaustion, almost like whooping cough. It seemed highly contagious, and I have no doubt but that it would easily kill an elderly person - and it probably killed many.

It was never, to my knowledge, identified by the CDC, so no tests, no standards of care, no tracking. I'd guess there were probably a few thousand pneumonia deaths that winter attributable to this highly contagious disease.

And why I came to believe a pandemic was inevitable - CDC surveillance is for sh*t.

My read of the landscape says you’re probably right.

However, I think you’re being generous. CDC’s “surveillance” seems to be selective - not incompetent…

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My child caught this virus over ten days ago. For 7 days he has had a reoccurring fever ranging from 99-104.5. This originated with a headache for two days. Then he got diarrhea for a full day. After that came the fevers for seven days paired with weakness, chills, and more headaches. A few days in a chest cough and runny/stuffy nose occurred. The sickness kicked up on Christmas Eve, and unfortunately, he got other family members sick.I would say about 50%. For some reason, I have not caught this illness and I can not figure out why it has bypassed me. Urgent care has no clue as to what this is, only that it is not covid and it is viral. They would not test for flu as they stated his fevers have lasted too long to be related. We are all unvaccinated for covid, if wondering. However, we are vaccinated for everything else (aside from Flu/covid). We live in Florida. My boyfriend is as sick as can be right now. Hasn’t left his house for days.

I have been having the same feeling as you, OP.
edit on 1-1-2023 by Surfninja808 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Surfninja808
My child caught this virus over ten days ago. For 7 days he has had a reoccurring fever ranging from 99-104.5. This originated with a headache for two days. Then he got diarrhea for a full day. After that came the fevers for seven days paired with weakness, chills, and more headaches. A few days in a chest cough and runny/stuffy nose occurred. The sickness kicked up on Christmas Eve, and unfortunately, he got other family members sick.I would say about 50%. For some reason, I have not caught this illness and I can not figure out why it has bypassed me. Urgent care has no clue as to what this is, only that it is not covid and it is viral. They would not test for flu as they stated his fevers have lasted too long to be related. We are all unvaccinated for covid, if wondering. However, we are vaccinated for everything else (aside from Flu/covid). We live in Florida. My boyfriend is as sick as can be right now. Hasn’t left his house for days.

I have been having the same feeling as you, OP.

I suspect that vax status has nothing to do with this - other than a weakened immune response for those who are vaxed and boosted. The boosters, to me, are the death knell for one’s immune system.

I hope all of your people are OK - and particularly hope the little one turns the corner.

Some of us still care about our fellow humans - unlike others who propagate BS to the detriment of others.

Be well!

(post by AscensionLessons removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Framesend.
Drove out to Ohio to visit wife’s family for thanksgiving weekend . My wife started to feel sick on our 12+ hour drive home . She actually blamed it on my driving . Day after getting home she had a fever, congestion told me she felt like she was dying ,never felt this way before ever ,worse then Covid . Tested negative as well . Doctor did the zoom crap . Of course I got it as well , pretty much the same symptoms. The sweats and chills where extreme. However ,its been a couple of weeks and my left ear still feels clogged, as if I have water in my ear . Doctor gave me ear drops and nasal spray. Both seem useless at this point.

edit on Mon Jan 2 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix tags

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks
We are working through having every member of our family get sick - from baby to sisters, to mom/dad - with the girls now fine and well, and the baby largely on the mend.

Baby had been sick for 10 days or so with confirmed Influenza A. His fever broke finally, and beyond the cough/sore throat he also developed an ear infection along the way. That was treated by antibiotics, so, aside from duration and him not wanting to eat or do anything but nurse on mom, he’s seemingly on the mend.

The girls felt run down, cough, sore throat, fatigue, etc. but were back in action after 4-8 days. Other than being lethargic, they were pretty unscathed.

Mom is wrecked. Fever of +101.5 if unmedicated, and around 100 with Advil. Sinus pain, dry cough, raging sore throat, low appetite, very stiff neck, zero energy - toast. She also has the odd symptom of stomach discomfort but no “need to go” - and not full or bloated either. Ears hurt. It’s not good.

I (no jinx) remain relatively unscathed. No fever, minor runny nose but not unusually so for this time of year, have a minor cough that isn’t productive, and RHR/HRV/02 utilization/respiratory rate is all fine and normal (no jinx).

I took my wife to an urgent care this morning at her request given 7 days of fever. We ruled out COVID yesterday with home tests - not one of us tested positive.

So, that’s the preamble to set the table for this -

Apparently, the providers don’t know what this virus is and it’s VERY prevalent right now. But, they know what it isn’t. Meaning:

- it’s not COVID
- It’s not RSV
- It’s not Flu A/B
- It’s not Strep
- It’s not Bronchitis
- It’s not an accurate sinus infection/ear infection/etc.

Per the provider, they are seeing “a large number of patients” who have this virus (they confirmed it’s viral). Based on our lived experience, the virus seems to behave like a mashup of the diseases listed above. It also:

- can’t be treated with anti-vitals or flu meds.
- Gives most people a fever for at least 5 days to a week- sometimes a high one (from lived experience and provider commentary) - and is now known to last longer than a week in many cases.
- Presents with symptoms ranging from sinuses, to ears, to cough, to upset stomachs, to other pains.
- Produces the classic green snot.
- Noticeable swelling of throat/upper airways w/partial closure/hard to swallow.
- Presents the body aches/pains/etc. of the flu.
- Serious fatigue/exhaustion and you can’t really power through it.
- Chest tightness, some shortness of breath.
- Muscle weakness and stiffness.

It’s pretty aggressive.

My wife said she cannot ever remember feeling this sick - certainly never being this sick and not knowing what it is that’s causing it.

We had a family member go down with a gnarly illness about 2 weeks ago. They said it was very bad, like miserably sick, but now they’re on the other side of the illness and still have a scratchy throat but are otherwise OK.

The provider said my wife should start feeling better in 2 days. So, you’re looking at a 10 day run with this virus, give or take. Recommendation was to go home, rest, hydrate, and let it run it’s course.

Given the severity, the alarming part is that the provider didn’t know what it is, and it’s now a common occurrence. However, they do seem to know roughly how long it runs for.

I have noted the fatigue more today. One minute I feel great, the next I feel weaker and like I need to rest. My heart elevated quickly, too, but also recovers quickly.

I have a gut feeling that this is like what happened in 2020. I got pretty sick in February 2020 before COVID was an official thing. Bounced back and moved on.

We now have an unidentified virus that they won’t suggest a thing more than Tylenol and nasal spray for, but, we know it lasts 10 or so days in many symptomatic patients.

Since it’s my body, I’m treating myself with NCA, Vitamin D and E, Quercetin,and my other standard anti-inflammatory herbal supplements. Proactively using Xylitol spray (I use it daily in the morning) to keep stuff from building up. I drink several liters of water daily, so, I can confirm I’m hydrated. That’s not a recommendation, rather, it’s my way of keeping inflammation down without prescription medication.

We’ll see what it turns out to be, but, I could see the illness taxing the pulmonary system of those who smoke, who are dehydrated, or who are in otherwise poor health. My wife said this is 5x worse than COVID for her, “5x worse at least - more than that probably”. She noted that COVID came and went for her besides the body aches but it was over in a couple days. This sucker gives you more symptoms and sticks around for a lot longer. She has done almost nothing this week as a result of this illness, and I’ve slowed down the last few days, too.

Will update as we progress - could be nothing - could be something. We’re in uncharted waters, apparently, either way.

Here’s to hoping for nothing. 🥂

Thanks for this, I started a related thread not knowing this thread was here. Exactly as you described. We are naming it NotCOVID-23.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Update:

I have now fully recovered from the illness aside from a little bit of a runny nose (which isn’t uncommon in the PNW this time of year), and oddly I’m not needing to use the restroom all that much despite drinking 3+ liters of water a day to flush this out.

My wife has finally turned the corner. She can largely smell and taste again, fever is gone, and her energy is back to probably 75-80% of normal.

This illness is not a joke, and I suspect it will kill people who are overweight, notably unhealthy, dehydrated, smokers, etc. Brutal stuff but I’m glad we all made it to the other side OK as of the time of this writing.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Unidentified Virus Circulating

Why you claim it`s virus if i may ask ?

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Unidentified Virus Circulating

Why you claim it`s virus if i may ask ?

The provider that examined my wife specifically called it a virus.

It also antibiotic resistant - consistent with a viral infection.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ok i see ..

I was thinking that other things can also generate symptoms . Chemical pneumonia , EMF ...

With crazy times like now, i would not rule out mass poisoning from TPTB .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join